Auburn Live: Staff Updates & Transfer Portal Offers

aubiefifty

52 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Freeze has probably already met more AL high school coaches in one week than Harsin did in a year and a half. 

Freeze gets it. Hope he does the same in Georgia and Florida if possible. 

If you don’t know the HC’s of the recent or historically winningest programs in these 3 states then you should find another gig. Recruiting is probably the ultimate networking activity known to man. 

Edited by woodford

Just now, Jgarrett7 said:

I’m assuming Simmons on left, then Zac, facility trainer, chf, lac. Who is the guy far right?

CRob 

49 minutes ago, woodford said:

Freeze gets it. Hope he does the same in Georgia and Florida if possible. 

If you don’t know the HC’s of the recent or historically winningest programs in these 3 states then you should find another gig. Recruiting is probably the ultimate networking activity known to man. 

He went to a Gwinnett County coaches event Monday night.   I also think he has met with Langston Hughes coaches as well. 

Pretty savvy going to all of these events where all the coaches are at.  

42 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

He went to a Gwinnett County coaches event Monday night.   I also think he has met with Langston Hughes coaches as well. 

Pretty savvy going to all of these events where all the coaches are at.  

Next week is the GHSA state finals. I’m sure we’ll have some coaches in Atlanta. 

I can't say I was happy when we hired Freeze but he is doing all the right things in getting out there and meeting the coaches. He was not my favorite choice but I always support Auburn coaches until they give me a reason not to. As somebody said above he has probably already met more Alabama HS coaches this week then Harsin did in his time at Auburn. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

I think the guy far left is the new DL coach, Garrett 

Yep, that's Garrett.

9 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Freeze has probably already met more AL high school coaches in one week than Harsin did in a year and a half. 

Yep.  In 4 days he’s done more recruiting than the previous coach in 2 years!!!

• Like 3

Freeze is Saban-like in his relentless recruiting. Not a trait that Kiffin has at all. I really like this about Freeze.

• Like 9

This is better than I ever could have imagined. Can we ultimately become a recruiting dynamo that takes away from the likes of UGA, UA, LSU, and really becomes annoying to their little club?  

3 hours ago, auskull said:

This is better than I ever could have imagined. Can we ultimately become a recruiting dynamo that takes away from the likes of UGA, UA, LSU, and really becomes annoying to their little club?  

We have always done that, except for Harsin's brief two-year flubbing. Derrick Brown, Marlon Davidson, Tank Bigsby, on and on through the years prove that.

• Like 3

• WarTiger changed the title to Auburn Live: Staff Updates & Transfer Portal Offers

Tomorrow is going to be interesting for sure.  Who will Auburn lose if anyone?  Who will Auburn target and get moving forward? Auburn could pull 20-25 guys from the portal.  Almost the entire recruiting cycle condensed into whatever timeframe the portal offers.

On 12/4/2022 at 9:10 PM, Win4AU said:

Tomorrow is going to be interesting for sure.  Who will Auburn lose if anyone?  Who will Auburn target and get moving forward? Auburn could pull 20-25 guys from the portal.  Almost the entire recruiting cycle condensed into whatever timeframe the portal offers.

45 days on this one. Then one more shorter one after spring ball. Beginning of May, I think. 

Edited by TXaubie

On 12/2/2022 at 10:10 PM, Cardin Drake said:

his relentless recruiting

Saw a Kirby Smart interview a few weeks ago.  He was asked, "what is the secret to your success".  His answer,,, relentless recruiting.

1 hour ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Not Cohen. Dude done us DIRTY in HS. 

I respect your opinion: 

My take is dude is a kid and especially 2 years ago was an even younger kid who probably wasn't making the best decisions. I know I didn't at his age.

I say if he has interest in coming to Auburn then bring him on board, 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Taker said:

I respect your opinion: 

My take is dude is a kid and especially 2 years ago was an even younger kid who probably wasn't making the best decisions. I know I didn't at his age.

I say if he has interest in coming to Auburn then bring him on board, 

We need O-Line in the worst way. So we can’t be picky, but I get the thought process. I am not to keen on somebody that strung us along for a year. Just to drop us at the last minute, and to go to our rival.

I would be absolutely fine if we told him no thanks. Just not sure we are in any position to tell any O-lineman “no thanks”. 

That is a travesty!!

• Like 2