Freeze up next on ESPN College Gameday!

eagle12

Not the first one on the show even congratulated him. Seemed all they wanted to do was really talk about the past and current limitations on social media. Could have shown a little love. Guess that’s not why he was invited.

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

9 minutes ago, Howarjk said:

Not the first one on the show even congratulated him. Seemed all they wanted to do was really talk about the past and current limitations on social media. Could have shown a little love. Guess that’s not why he was invited.

ESPN being ESPN...I flipped over to watch the interview and turned it as soon as it was over. I haven't, and won't, watched since 2004. I don't miss their corrupt BS!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

They asked him pertinent questions…quick and simple. Appreciate how Hugh clarified decision making process as a family, particularly with his wife on board. Emphasized value for the athlete…

• Like 4

Freeze has clearly been taught how to handle those questions. They brought him on to embarrass Auburn and him but we’ll take the exposure. 

You can tell how much Reece Davis hates him and Auburn hahah

• Like 5

You are right, Freeze is experienced and knows how to respond. These questions will continue until he starts kicking butt on the field. I seriously doubt everyone out to get Auburn, however Rece gonna always be Rece.

4 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

You are right, Freeze is experienced and knows how to respond. These questions will continue until he starts kicking butt on the field. I seriously doubt everyone out to get Auburn, however Rece gonna always be Rece.

Clicks and eyes are all the sports "media" care about. But one additional note. There are a lot of HS football coaches in Fort Worth today. I bet HF is aware of that fact. 

• Like 6

I thought Freeze did a really good job with that interview …

How will past missteps inform how you run Auburn program? ...

"Obviously, I think the best learning tool in life is when you didn't get things right and you had any type of failures, and if you handle them with the right kind of integrity — making the necessary changes and playing the next play. Over the last seven years, that's what it's led to for me is just, man, really being a guy who wants to lead a passionate and disciplined life, has faith and family and friends in the forefront, and your commitment to those be evident in every action and every decision."

"I think that translates into the team — being a coach that's very transparent: 'Look, let me tell you when your coach got it right, let me tell you when he got it wrong.' I really liked it a lot better when I got it right, which has been most of my life. But obviously the other times are the ones we really learn the most from, because the fruit is grown in the valley. I think kids have responded to that with my transparency."

Parameters on your social-media usage? ...

"I have actually — a lot of people in that office work with me now, and I like it that way. It's hard for me to keep up now with everything that's going on; I didn't know a few coaches had already changed at different places because I can't keep up with it and I've got my hands full with a lot of other things right now. But it's been a joint effort."

How do you get Auburn back to championship level? ...

"Recruit. We've got to go get players and revamp the roster. The good thing is, in this new day and time, you can do that fairly fast. At Auburn — look, there's only five schools in the last 12 years that have played for a national championship and won it, and played for one and not won it, and Auburn is one of those five. For all the recruits listening right now, you can play right away, you can help us get that back there. Tradition is there, the support is there, the passion is there, the resources are there, and now we’ve got to pull everybody together, head in the same direction, but we have to go get great players.”

What comes with being Auburn's coach, plus advantages of NIL, transfer portal ...

“Yeah, the NIL and the $120 million brand new facility we have, which is like Disney World — I get lost every single time I go in there. Oh yeah, you need to come see it. It’s off-the-charts good. And the support by AD Cohen — John’s been incredible through the whole process and really enjoy him. President Roberts and our board are incredibly supportive. The NIL deal, and facilities and support are all great.”

How important is that support? ...

“It’s a big deal. They’re all great, but truthfully, Auburn is a special place, and I think it’s a place that our family has—Jill, and Ragan, Jordan and Madison, their husbands now, not Madison’s, but the other two — we always felt like, man, every time we got to that place, we just feel like we could fit here. We had that feeling all along, and obviously though, NIL’s a big deal. 

"I started meetings with players, and everybody’s kind of interested with what that looks like. I think it’s not the greatest reason to choose a place, but I hope they get everything that comes their way, but we should be about creating value for them with their experience at Auburn.”

Your family's role in your decision to leave Liberty ...

“I don’t make any important decision in regards that affects our family without Jill feeling totally onboard, and then we’ll bring our three daughters and tow of their husbands in. That’s exactly what we did. Jill and I, for a long time — I want to say Liberty was one of the greatest places we ever experienced, for us, at the right time for us, and obviously we won a lot of games; that’s an incredible place, and whoever gets that is going to inherit a lot of great players and administration and fans.

"But when this started happening, Jill and I just kept saying, what if the door opens, we just feel like this is the right place and the right time for us. I would not have done it, not one minute, if she would’ve had some red flags."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Freeze did well. He owned it . Let’s move on folks and watch the Tigers win another natty. I had zero problems with the interview 

• Like 7

I watched it and was turned off by Rece Davis and his dumb question to start things off.  Coach Freeze handled the interview very well.  He was prepared.

• Like 8

They pretty much had to ask.  Freeze handled it well, and took the opportunity to recruit. He was selling Auburn hard.  Nice job.

• Like 4

How nice is it to have a head coach again that says "I WANT TO BE HERE, THIS IS A DREAM JOB FOR MY FAMILY, WE LOVE THE CULTURE AND EVERYTHING ABOUT IT" and then back it up by hitting the ground running re-building the program like he actually means what he is saying.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

On 12/3/2022 at 11:43 AM, NoALtiger said:

Loved what he said about recruiting. Flat lines and said you can play here and the roster needs to be revamped. 

Straight up said what we all know needs to be done. CGM and CBH were mediocre to bad recruiters. We are low on talent. Some see that as a negative. I think CHF sees it as a positive. 

Essentially said: "Come to Auburn and you could start as a Freshman." We need recruit help, and portal help, and conditioning help, etc.

Anyone hearing anything about a DC? I think the Interview went as expected. Rece was an Ass. But Winning cures everything.

If we beat Ole Miss next year, 90% of the negative s*** will dry up.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 2

They gave us free pub and were generally favorable. I understand the issue with Reece but Kirk H. has usually been very fair and sometimes extremely positive towards AU. So is this a fake news, they’re out to get us thing?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

They gave us free pub and were generally favorable. I understand the issue with Reece but Kirk H. has usually been very fair and sometimes extremely positive towards AU. So is this a fake news, they’re out to get us thing?

He was pretty fair in that interview,   but I  remember Kirk H. during the Cam fiasco.  The guy doesn't have an opinion,  he just takes on any extreme view of the masses to hook viewers.   

I don't think thy are "out to get us",  but I do think they push a negative narrative about Auburn when they can. 

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Did you watch?

• Like 1

• RunInRed changed the title to Freeze up next on ESPN College Gameday!

Gave him a chance to talk up early playing time, NIL, great support and the new facility.  Couldn’t have gone much better from a recruiting standpoint.  

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

He was pretty fair in that interview,   but I  remember Kirk H. during the Cam fiasco.  The guy doesn't have an opinion,  he just takes on any extreme view of the masses to hook viewers.   

I don't think thy are "out to get us",  but I do think they push a negative narrative about Auburn when they can. 

I didn’t think it was overly bad either. Pretty fair questions. They aren’t gonna just pretend it’s not a big deal him coming back to big time ball after what transpired. It’s all good, Hugh accomplished what needed to be done. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Straight up said what we all know needs to be done. CGM and CBH were mediocre to bad recruiters. We are low on talent. Some see that as a negative. I thin CHF sees it as a positive. 

Come on, man. Don't lump Gus and Harsin together.  Harsin's recruiting was horrible. Malzahn was a good to great recruiter, except for O line in his later years. 

Edited by Cardin Drake
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

They pretty much had to ask.  Freeze handled it well, and took the opportunity to recruit. He was selling Auburn hard.  Nice job.

I agree. He’s back in big time ball now and most of those transgression questions will fade as he begins to turn the program around. I Watch ESPN for games but they have always had a bias against AU and the ATL Braves for some reason. I think it’s a toxic work culture to an extent. Rece is the moderator, but Herb and Des know more and McAfee is just a good change of pace. 

• Like 1