Freeze up next on ESPN College Gameday!

eagle12

1 hour ago, Bottomfeeder said:

He does have the ability to run a clean program, right? Will there be Ole Miss issues for AU?

Join the Nest for $50. Go to the Antifreeze thread, and have at it. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Join the Nest for $50. Go to the Antifreeze thread, and have at it. 

Good luck if you want to wade into that cesspool of a thread.  I purposefully stay clear.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

Dear lord.

Whatever

3 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

I agree. He’s back in big time ball now and most of those transgression questions will fade as he begins to turn the program around. I Watch ESPN for games but they have always had a bias against AU and the ATL Braves for some reason. I think it’s a toxic work culture to an extent. Rece is the moderator, but Herb and Des know more and McAfee is just a good change of pace. 

They don’t like the Braves because of the chop and nicknames. 

2 hours ago, woodford said:

They don’t like the Braves because of the chop and nicknames. 

Yeah I know, but I dismiss all that crap. It’s not a racist overtone like the media wants it to be. I’m so glad the Braves refused to fold to the pressure like all the other pro teams have. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Bottomfeeder said:

He does have the ability to run a clean program, right? Will there be Ole Miss issues for AU?

No, they'd be Auburn issues. 

• Haha 1

it's a great hire for u guys  in year 1 he shouild win 8-9 games  and build from there  u couild be the 3rd best SEC team by this time next yr   

i love pittman  but if deion is willing to go to colo   the razorbacks  shouild had made a call    at best now the razorbacks are 4th in the west    unless K J  turns into cam 

11 hours ago, hogmen said:

i love pittman  but if deion is willing to go to colo   the razorbacks  shouild had made a call    at best now the razorbacks are 4th in the west    unless K J  turns into cam 

Why doesn’t Arkansas have a Wal-Mart NIL?  They would out bid everyone else in the country. 

3 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

And they’re still going with the “unsolicited” angle, after it’s been proven she tagged him in her own tweets first. Is it so hard to report the facts? They’re like, “this was kind of bad, but we need to make it look really bad”. Some ignorant people are just all too eager to eat it up though. 

• Like 2

On 12/3/2022 at 1:56 PM, Cardin Drake said:

Come on, man. Don't lump Gus and Harsin together.  Harsin's recruiting was horrible. Malzahn was a good to great recruiter, except for O line in his later years. 

Man, you need serious help if you really believe that. Ona great day CGM was a mediocre recruiter. Never developed a QB. ETC He is where he needs to be the rest of his life.

Edited by DKW 86

I guess those consistently top 15 classes, frequently top 10 classes just assembled themselves.  And I guess we played in a national championship game with mediocre recruits.  I really don't want  to discuss Gus, but mediocre recruiter? Seriously?  I'm not blinded to his faults, but some of you guys are blinded to the things he did well.

1 hour ago, Cardin Drake said:

I guess those consistently top 15 classes, frequently top 10 classes just assembled themselves.  And I guess we played in a national championship game with mediocre recruits.  I really don't want  to discuss Gus, but mediocre recruiter? Seriously?  I'm not blinded to his faults, but some of you guys are blinded to the things he did well.

Not a dig on Gus. but the problem was our rivals were doing too 5 recruiting.  It became/has become an arms race - and fair or not,  top 10-15 classes gets you 8 or so wins in our division today.

Why is The Bear leaving Gameday?

Edit: he’s leaving for Big Noon. Dang. He must be getting paid because he’s a Gameday OG. 

Edited by woodford

25 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Not a dig on Gus. but the problem was our rivals were doing too 5 recruiting.  It became/has become an arms race - and fair or not,  top 10-15 classes gets you 8 or so wins in our division today.

True enough. We were pulling in good to great classes, but Georgia and Alabama recruited even better.  But some folks thought Gus's recruiting was the floor of what we could do.  Not true at all.  Gus recruited well except for his last year. And the offensive line numbers alone always had me mystified. I don't think we'll ever know what Harsin could have done without being sabotaged, but he never struck me as a particularly good recruiter.

14 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

True enough. We were pulling in good to great classes, but Georgia and Alabama recruited even better.  But some folks thought Gus's recruiting was the floor of what we could do.  Not true at all.  Gus recruited well except for his last year. And the offensive line numbers alone always had me mystified. I don't think we'll ever know what Harsin could have done without being sabotaged, but he never struck me as a particularly good recruiter.

Gus was star struck.  He had a habit of getting as many 4 and 5 starts as he could,  but not necessarily for our position of need.   

Overall star ranking:  HIGH 

Meeting team needs: very  LOW

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 2