New TE Coach

Tony4AU

15 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

I like that he is already on the road recruiting and met with a JUCO O-Lineman Keyshawn Blackstock last night. The article says he has been on Freeze's staff for the better part of 15 years. Coaches love continuity so I'm not surprised to see Freeze bring him with him. This guy was at Ole Miss and Liberty so he has recruited the south. Harsin kept continuity with his staff by bringing them from Boise. The difference then was none of those guys knew the south whatsoever. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I like that he is already on the road recruiting and met with a JUCO O-Lineman Keyshawn Blackstock last night. The article says he has been on Freeze's staff for the better part of 15 years. Coaches love continuity so I'm not surprised to see Freeze bring him with him. This guy was at Ole Miss and Liberty so he has recruited the south. Harsin kept continuity with his staff by bringing them from Boise. The difference then was none of those guys knew the south whatsoever. 

Had Tennessee lost by a few points to USCe they could make a case but they got ran off the field. Without Hooker the argument is even harder to make. Also u have already seen what a UGA /UT looked like. It would be worse this time IMO

Looks like Freeze really values continuity.  Personally, I'm fine with that.  This guy seems like a good hire.

We are going to have an excellent staff.

I will simply trust Freeze's judgement until he proves otherwise. Most of these names mean nothing to me. I'm all in until I'm not. Took me awhile to realize Gus had topped out and then Harsin was just not the right coach for us. My real problem is I don't trust my judgement on these detailed coaching matters. Have been saved from myself way too many times. WDE! 

Who are the assistant coaches at Kansas St and Utah? I ask because those teams are as physical and fundamentally sound as any team in the country, and they do it on a consistent basis. If we assemble a staff as competent as those teams, I don’t care where they come from. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Who are the assistant coaches at Kansas St and Utah? I ask because those teams are as physical and fundamentally sound as any team in the country, and they do it on a consistent basis. If we assemble a staff as competent as those teams, I don’t care where they come from. 

I was thinking the exact same thing when watching that game yesterday 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2022 at 7:33 PM, Viper said:

Another Liberty transfer. 

200w.gif

He also coached at Ole Miss.  Coached a guy named Evan Engram.  Might have heard of him.  

39 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

He also coached at Ole Miss.  Coached a guy named Evan Engram.  Might have heard of him.  

So how does one go from coaching Engram to Liberty?

38 minutes ago, Viper said:

So how does one go from coaching Engram to Liberty?

A. He sucks and can't get another job. 

B. He follows a coach he trusts and thinks is a better option than said coaches' replacement.

C. Money. 

That's all I can come up with.

17 hours ago, JuscAUse! said:

A. He sucks and can't get another job. 

B. He follows a coach he trusts and thinks is a better option than said coaches' replacement.

C. Money. 

That's all I can come up with.

B is the obvious choice. I just don’t see how you don’t capitalize on Engram and move up. Instead he moved down.