O-Line Coach: Jake Thornton

WR Coach: Marcus Davis

Tight Ends Coach: Ben Aigamaua

Defensive Coordinator: Ron Roberts

D-Line Coach: Jeremy Garrett

Linebacker Coach: Josh Aldridge

Secondary: Crime Dog and Zac Etheridge

Special Teams Coach:

This is what has been reported in this public forum only. I don't think anything has actually been confirmed except for Caddy. I'll try and update with new information asap. To be clear, I have no inside information. I just wanted all of this in one place, like a lot of other people have requested. MODS, feel free to edit/correct.

Edited by Potatooooooes!!
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1

Well, just about all of the names that the Auburn pay sites have been mentioning are wrong as usual. 
it seems like ole Miss is reporting the news faster than we are. They said tonight that we have offered their running back coach a co-offensive coordinator position. D Nix? 
I’m not sure. I can’t keep up with everything at the moment ha ha ha.

we just really need a good defensive coordinator. We need to spend a lot of money for one.

1 minute ago, alexava said:

I saw that McGriff was hired for cornerback coach…..or did I imagine that?

It is weird that none of these have been announced yet. It’s like we have a bunch of coaches hired, but none of them have actually been announced yet by Auburn officially.
I think because we are still waiting for the big positions which seems backwards to me, but who knows. 

• Like 1

The portal opens tomorrow! What are we waiting on?! We saved between $3-5 million on Freeze over Kiffin - why aren’t we throwing that at coordinators & assistant coaches? Freeze is going to have egg on his face if he doesn’t come up with a big name hire like he was referencing in his press conference!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

a big name

Need the right guys that work for the system. Big name hires is subjective like your mentioning of Matt Luke. The dang OL coach we just got is an extremely good hire on paper. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Need the right guys that work for the system. Big name hires is subjective like your mentioning of Matt Luke. The dang OL coach we just got is an extremely good hire on paper. 

In Cam’s defense, gr8 is saying the OL coach Thornton may be staying at OM since they/OM allegedly offered him co-OC position and a raise

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

In Cam’s defense, gr8 is saying the OL coach Thornton may be staying at OM since they/OM allegedly offered him co-OC position and a raise

Wait just to clarify I think he said that about Nix not Thornton.

Now I am confused 

• Haha 1

Just now, DAG said:

Now I am confused 

Oh I think you’re right…I’m “reading” i.e. skimming too fast. But I am confused too 😐 

• Haha 1

as long as we seem to be pulling names out of a hat,   

Matt Weiss as OC?   I think he is Co-OC at UMich now,  but could continue to learn under Freeze as our OC without the "Co" in the title.

I don't really know much about him other than some  (co)-impressive offensive numbers against some stiff competition this year.

Anyone follow Michigan football on here? .......   

Matt Weiss......  Too little experience?   clashing strategies and philosophies?  Any thing Bad about him? can he recruit?

On one of the podcasts(think it was auburnsports)?, they said that Ethridge and Robinson werent fired, but will have to interview with the DC when hes named and that will determine their fate.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DAG said:

Now I am confused 

Yeah, me too.  I thought the WR coach Heard was announced.

Freeze and Caddy (and others) have been traveling non-stop on the recruiting trail for a few days now, and I imagine they're exhausted.

But I sure am anxious to hear the OC and DC hires.  And confirmation of the WR Heard hire.  He's a good one.

5 minutes ago, jknighton said:

Update on Thornton and possible OC...

Nix as OC makes sense. It’s Freeze’s offense but Nix gets an expanded role, plus he’s a stud recruiter. Him and Carnell know each other from high school and they could kill it on the recruiting trail in Alabama and Mississippi. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

Nix as OC makes sense. It’s Freeze’s offense but Nix gets an expanded role, plus he’s a stud recruiter. Him and Carnell know each other from high school and they could kill it on the recruiting trail in Alabama and Mississippi. 

It does make sense. I like the hire if indeed is true.

17 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Thornton is also a good recruiter. In addition to the excellent results of the OLs he puts on the field, Ole Miss OL commits are saying Thornton is, "a relentess recruiter."

4 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

Derrick Nix - WR coach at Ole Miss.

His brother is Tyrone Nix. Family of good athletes. Both of them are good coaches. They know Caddy from Attalla, Etowah High School. 

I wonder if we haven't seen a Coordinator hire yet because they may be coming from the NFL.  And position coaches are being hired to recruit.  It is just a theory but who knows.  Most College DCs are available now unless you are coaching on a team that is in the playoff.  Doubt we would be going after anyone one on UM or OSU.  So that leaves UGA and TCU.  Well we just need to hit the portal, NIL some linemen on both sides and recruit.  Should be an interesting ride.