Freeze's Staff

Potatooooooes!!

We need to hire Jeff Scott as OC/WR coach and Mark Freeman as QB coach. Freeman can help us finally land some Thompson players. Throw the bank at Jim Leonard and settle for Zach Arnett as DC if he turns us down. Third option would be to bring back Kevin Steele. 

But absolutely under no circumstances are we to hire Todd Grantham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

grain off salt.... I heard Colorado was having a hard time coming up with the money they are contracting out.    

It's interesting that even with rumors that Colorado has no money to pay staff, Deion landed a top OC and DC in a few days. 

Colorado will get the money in place. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JuscAUse! said:

Does Colorado have a site or forum where all their fans can keep up with their favorite coach? Asking for some friends.......

Seems it’s here…

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I just don't understand why everyone is freaking out because WE don't know if they've hired the staff yet. They'll announce it when they announce it. Alot of people act like they've got to know every single thing that's going on at every second. It's like it's more entertainment to alot of our fans than actually getting the hires right. 

It's the "microwave generation" we now live in where everybody is accustomed to having instant results and can't wait for anything. Just have some patience for once. If we have learned anything from our new president, new AD and other new hires it's that everything is tight lipped until THEY are ready for the public to know. Most of our fanbase have asked for leaders like this and now it seems we have them so let them do their thing. WDE

giphy.gif

😁

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jknighton said:

I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up being our OC...

Go check out his coaching history...I wouldn't mind him being the OC & QB coach

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ChrisH said:

Good grief we are an inpatient bunch. The man is trying to hire staff, recruit the portal, and recruit high school guys before early signing day all at the same time. Most of you guys have twitter pulled up in the background of your Excel spreadsheet and bitching about how we dont have coaches after a week. Damn

I don’t think it’s as much of being impatient but it’s more about being confused as to the fact that assistant’s are being hired and announced and not coordinators.

Also, there is a time urgency in play like it or not with regards to recruiting. Recruiting is still based on relationships.  So the longer we don’t have the coaching staff in place the more detrimental it is to landing recruits. 

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 1

Just read where coachs Simmons & Aigamaua did an inhome visit with OL Weden yesterday. Does anyone know the current status of coach Simmons? Was not really aware that he was still on the staff and recruiting. TIA  WDE 

3 hours ago, GreenTiger said:

I don’t think it’s as much of being impatient but it’s more about being confused as to the fact that assistant’s are being hired and announced and not coordinators.

Also, there is a time urgency in play like it or not with regards to recruiting. Recruiting is still based on relationships.  So the longer we don’t have the coaching staff in place the more detrimental it is to landing recruits. 

I understand your arguments.  However, we don't know if the coordinators haven't been confirmed and are getting people on their staff with CHF going and getting those people.  Maybe the coordinators have contract obligations that they can't get out of yet (NFL) or maybe they are in line for openings (see UNLV)  Either way we don't know but with how much recruiting that is being done is really amazing in my opinion.  He is all over the place recruiting HS and so are other coaches.

I get your urgency also but there isn't much time at all and with Crime Dog we gain a few things in South FL. and now people that he knows from UL that he was Recruiting is now known and are looking at AU.  Portal evaluation takes time and looks like they are being picky with it.  pretty fast in little over a week in my opinion.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AU North said:

Just read where coachs Simmons & Aigamaua did an inhome visit with OL Weden yesterday. Does anyone know the current status of coach Simmons? Was not really aware that he was still on the staff and recruiting. TIA  WDE 

If the staff isn't full, then enough off-field position guys can recruit to equal a full staff. Whether Simmons will be retained in an off-field position after the staff is filled is unknown at this time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ChrisH said:

Good grief we are an inpatient bunch. The man is trying to hire staff, recruit the portal, and recruit high school guys before early signing day all at the same time. Most of you guys have twitter pulled up in the background of your Excel spreadsheet and bitching about how we dont have coaches after a week. Damn

I think you were looking over my shoulder in my office !!!

• Haha 1

Supposedly we've offered Jim Leonhard 2 mil a year. He's the interim and won't return to Wisconsin after coaching the bowl game. 

WHAT THE ACTUAL FREAKING HELL | Nu'est 1 Amino

• Like 1

1 hour ago, api1957 said:

Supposedly we've offered Jim Leonhard 2 mil a year. He's the interim and won't return to Wisconsin after coaching the bowl game. 

Where'd that info come from?

8 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

Where'd that info come from?

Little birdy here on campus. BIG grain of salt. We've apparently outbid Arkansas. But this guys intel has been spotty at best.

2 hours ago, api1957 said:

Unfortunately, I think he is an emerging candidate for the Purdue job.

2 minutes ago, Crypto Dentist said:

Unfortunately, I think he is an emerging candidate for the Purdue job.

I don't, personally, think he'd accept for this very reason. Somebody will snag him for a head coaching job. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

I understand your arguments.  However, we don't know if the coordinators haven't been confirmed and are getting people on their staff with CHF going and getting those people.  Maybe the coordinators have contract obligations that they can't get out of yet (NFL) or maybe they are in line for openings (see UNLV)  Either way we don't know but with how much recruiting that is being done is really amazing in my opinion.  He is all over the place recruiting HS and so are other coaches.

I get your urgency also but there isn't much time at all and with Crime Dog we gain a few things in South FL. and now people that he knows from UL that he was Recruiting is now known and are looking at AU.  Portal evaluation takes time and looks like they are being picky with it.  pretty fast in little over a week in my opinion.

It's great if Freeze and staff are out recruiting like crazy, but if I am a player I would want to know who my coordinator is going to be. No way am I committing to or even considering a school without knowing that answer.

Do these coaches have the balls to tell a kid they just have to wait and see? Auburn is in no position whatsoever to tell this to recruits/transfers. Just my opinion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Topher 1310 said:

It's great if Freeze and staff are out recruiting like crazy, but if I am a player I would want to know who my coordinator is going to be. No way am I committing to or even considering a school without knowing that answer.

Do these coaches have the balls to tell a kid they just have to wait and see? Auburn is in no position whatsoever to tell this to recruits/transfers. Just my opinion.

Agreed.

If someone is committed to being AU's DC, why wouldn't it be announced, even if they are going to finish a contract with another team?  The college regular season is over.

Maybe the NFL doesn't allow that, I don't know.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Topher 1310 said:

Maybe they have told the players in confidence and not us. We ain’t players so we ain’t gotta know. 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

Go check out his coaching history...I wouldn't mind him being the OC & QB coach

Might would do a great job , but it is also about name recognition.