Freeze's Staff

Potatooooooes!!

14 hours ago, Viper said:

No coach has ever in the history of CFB verbally accepted a job then has taken another offer at a different program. 

See Tracy Rocker and Rich Bisaccia.  Also Chris Kiffin earlier this year at OM.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, AEAugirl said:

No coach has ever in the history of CFB verbally accepted a job then has taken another offer at a different program. 

AND... 

not football, but Dana Altman took the job as Arkansas basketball HEAD COACH  job and left for greener pastures the next day.

5 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

AND... 

not football, but Dana Altman took the job as Arkansas basketball HEAD COACH  job and left for greener pastures the next day.

If coaches were held to their verbal commitments we probably could have avoided Saban at Bama 😂

Rich Rod anyone? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

If coaches were held to their verbal commitments we probably could have avoided Saban at Bama 😂

Rich Rod anyone? 

Altman has his introductory  press conference before changing is mind.   https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/news/story?id=2824653

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

This isn’t Jon Sokoloff or AU-24 reporting it.

He has 9 months to change his mind.

Rocker went from Harsin to the Eagles. Fired HC to best in the NFL. Averted disaster on his part wouldn’t you say?

I would think if the NFL calls Kelly…um yeah…he gone too.

Sorry, I don’t think the Yeller Feller is arguing with Freeze about who his coordinators are going to be.   That sounds like the same old lazy BS garbage click bait reporting.   Not buying it.  
The coordinators will be announced when they’re ready.   OC really isn’t a big deal.  I am eager to find out who our DC is going to be.  

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Viper said:

This isn’t Jon Sokoloff or AU-24 reporting it.

He has 9 months to change his mind.

Rocker went from Harsin to the Eagles. Fired HC to best in the NFL. Averted disaster on his part wouldn’t you say?

I would think if the NFL calls Kelly…um yeah…he gone too.

This Kelly guy you're bemoaning the loss of....  His defense, loaded with 4 and 5* players gave up 52 points to Tennessee, 32 to LSU and 27 points and 316 rushing yards to a one dimensional Auburn offense. I could go on. That's the guy, right? Looks to me like if Sanders did indeed swipe him from AU, Sanders did us a favor. Saban probably heaved a huge sigh of relief because now he won't have to fire the guy.

• Like 6

MHO is that Kelly is a good recruiter, but hasn’t proven himself as a DC yet.   That’s not the kind of DC I think we need.  We need someone who can come in and run the defense very effectively!   Like what Steele did for Gus!  Several names that have been mentioned would be great!   We’ll see how it goes. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mikey said:

This Kelly guy you're bemoaning the loss of....  His defense, loaded with 4 and 5* players gave up 52 points to Tennessee, 32 to LSU and 27 points and 316 rushing yards to a one dimensional Auburn offense. I could go on. That's the guy, right? Looks to me like if Sanders did indeed swipe him from AU, Sanders did us a favor. Saban probably heaved a huge sigh of relief because now he won't have to fire the guy.

Tell us again who Freeze has hired as coordinators?

5 minutes ago, Viper said:

Tell us again who Freeze has hired as coordinators?

All will be revealed in good time. Better to make a good hire than to hire somebody like Kelly.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

All will be revealed in good time. Better to make a good hire than to hire somebody like Kelly.

Maurice Harris or Josh Aldridge or Jack Curtis. 

Or

D. All of the above

tenor.gif

Kelly’s last full time DC gig was 2017 at FSU? If he’s so good, why didn’t Jimbo bring him to TAM or Saban make him the full time DC? At Colorado, the expectations, scrutiny, and competition is a lot less. Kelly won’t have to do much to raise the bar of a 1-11 team.

Edited by slyinsocal
correction
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

That looks like what Sanders had to do to find Kelly.

What is the deal with you and the clogging up the board with your hate with Sanders? We get it, you don't like him. Did he pee in your cereal one morning? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

What is the deal with you and the clogging up the board with your hate with Sanders? We get it, you don't like him. Did he pee in your cereal one morning? 

What's the deal with you Sanders backers clogging up the board with your incessant whining? You didn't get your way. So sad. So go play the crybaby card on some Colorado site. If y'all were to shut up about Sanders the subject would go silent here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Time to let it go.  The ships have sailed.

Opinions no longer matter.  We will all see how it plays out in time.

No one can say, "I told you so",,, until they actually have some results.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Mikey said:

What's the deal with you Sanders backers clogging up the board with your incessant whining? You didn't get your way. So sad. So go play the crybaby card on some Colorado site. If y'all were to shut up about Sanders the subject would go silent here.

I post in the correct threads

• Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Rich Rod anyone? 

I remember seeing signs on College Gameday when they were in Tuscaloosa and they read "Thank you Rita Rodriguez!!"

Had she not changed her mind at the last minute, Saban would've never been hired at Alabama. I've read that she didn't want to move to Tuscaloosa. 

1 hour ago, slyinsocal said:

Kelly’s last full time DC gig was 2017 at FSU? If he’s so good, why didn’t Jimbo bring him to TAM or Saban make him the full time DC? At Colorado, the expectations, scrutiny, and competition is a lot less. Kelly won’t have to do much to raise the bar of a 1-11 team.

Surely he has learned something at Bama.

• Haha 1