What have we see so far from Freeze?

AURex

1. He has hit the road on awesome fashion to rub-nub and howdy-there with bunches of Alabama high school coaches. This is AWESOMENESS way beyond Harsin and I am really impressed.

2. He is hiring his buds from Liberty and Ole Miss. I guess we'd expect that with a new coach, but personally I'd like to see some nationally great hires -- i.e. from NFL or great teams. This not only for expertise, but also from recruiting vantage. For example, Saban hires O'Brien

Am I the only one who is concerned about another Malzahn-like good buddy staff ..... and worse .... Harsin-like good buddy staff.

I'm hoping for some A+ surprise hires at the assistant/coordinator level.

Edited by AURex
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, AURex said:

1. He has hit the road on awesome fashion to rub-nub and howdy-there with bunches of Alabama high school coaches. This is AWESOMENESS way beyond Harsin and I am really impressed.

2. He is hiring his buds from Liberty and Ole Miss. I guess we'd expect that with a new coach, but personally I'd like to see some nationally great hires -- i.e. from NFL or great teams. This not only for expertise, but also from recruiting vantage,

Am I the only one who is concerned about another Malzahn-like good buddy staff ..... and worse .... Harsin-like good buddy staff.

the  difference in these "good buddy" hires is.... these have the credentials to back them up.   I don't care if he hires his old high school buddies, as long as they can recruit and coach 'em up. 

Only time will tell.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, AURex said:

2. He is hiring his buds from Liberty and Ole Miss. I guess we'd expect that with a new coach, but personally I'd like to see some nationally great hires -- i.e. from NFL or great teams. This not only for expertise, but also from recruiting vantage,

Honestly like any other coach we hire I really don't get a vote which is probably a good thing but I really don't care who he hires...Oh the horror. I mean this is his chance just like Gus, just like Harsin and he should hire who he wants and thinks will get the job done. What I want to see is better recruiting overall and competing for the best players which hopefully will translate to winning games, SEC championships and NC...so whoever he hires I want them to be a good fit and who HE wants...:) 

• Like 3

At minimum, I’d wait to make judgments about the staff until they’re all offered and accept jobs; re: to the recruiting, at least until early signing day. I think we all still have a little PTSD from the past 3-4 years of Auburn football and need to take some metaphorical Xanax/chill pills

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 1

We’ve always said let the HC choose his own staff soooooo, let’s let the HC choose his staff lol. He’s on a time crunch so it’s only natural to go with his comfort zone and hire folks he knows and has worked with. Does anyone really expect him to fill out the staff with a bunch of dudes he doesn’t know? 

Edited by NoALtiger
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I like Freeze’s approach a lot more than what I saw from Neon Deion today.  Can you imagine him coming into Auburn with that attitude?  I get the message he was trying to get across but there is a whole lot better way to communicate that.  I kind of hope he falls flat on his face.  

Personally I thought it was hair raisngly good and would have been just what Auburn needed but whatever -- pump that nil money to some players and coach / scheme em up and see if we can't get some wins

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I like Freeze’s approach a lot more than what I saw from Neon Deion today.  Can you imagine him coming into Auburn with that attitude?  I get the message he was trying to get across but there is a whole lot better way to communicate that.  I kind of hope he falls flat on his face.  

You saw this and got a bad vibe from it? 

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTR49JLtw/

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AURex said:

AntiqueHonestAmericanalligator-size_rest

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

No I got a bad vibe from him telling the guys who committed to play for Colorado and get their education from Colorado that they need to get ready to hit the portal .  

Team went 1-11 -- house cleaning in order of biblical proportion. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

I didn’t realize they were that bad. It will be interesting to see how the media, Colorado politicians, BLM followers etc. handle things like: no hats will be worn in this room. No earrings will be worn in this room, only certain shoes will be allowed in this room. Wanting them to live more for God, as Prime says: it is God that put me here.

I don’t think too many coaches could ever get away with saying all of those things, it’ll be interesting to see if Prime can do it. If he can be successful with all that, good for him!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I didn’t realize they were that bad. It will be interesting to see how the media, Colorado politicians, BLM followers etc. handle things like: no hats will be worn in this room. No earrings will be worn in this room, only certain shoes will be allowed in this room. Wanting them to live more for God, as Prime says: it is God that put me here.

I don’t think too many coaches could ever get away with saying all of those things, it’ll be interesting to see if Prime can do it. If he can be successful with all that, good for him!

Yeah it is funny how he pulls the God card out as much as he does when it is like.. Oh.. Idk -- more like the 5 million a year salary card but it is kind of nice to hear that talk in Boulder where mentions of Christ are usually met w scourn. My sister went to boulder so i feel it is a fair generalization. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AURex said:

2. He is hiring his buds from Liberty and Ole Miss. I guess we'd expect that with a new coach, but personally I'd like to see some nationally great hires -- i.e. from NFL or great teams. This not only for expertise, but also from recruiting vantage. For example, Saban hires O'Brien

I knew Freeze would load up a few buddy buddies on the staff, doesnt bother me and I definitely dont expect a truly unique, independent oc either.

Im looking at the wr, o line and lastly and yet to be filled dc spot -- the defensive coordinator needs to be done right (obviously). Shall be interesting

3 hours ago, Win4AU said:

No I got a bad vibe from him telling the guys who committed to play for Colorado and get their education from Colorado that they need to get ready to hit the portal because he’s bringing his own luggage and it’s Louie.  I get he’s saying that if those guys want to stick around they’re going to be competing for their jobs with his guys but there’s a better way to say that.  Had big a**hole vibes.  

Colorado has had two 1-win seasons since 1984. 2012 and 2022. What would you do? Encourage them all to stay?

Prime will replace them with mostly 4-stars. He will have Colorado in the Top 20 in recruiting/portal by the next class. Highest they've been in the last 10 years is #35.

Colorado is just a spring board for him to a much bigger P5 program within 3 years. He'll be a SEC HC within 5 years.

Edited by Viper
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Yeah it is funny how he pulls the God card out as much as he does when it is like.. Oh.. Idk -- more like the 5 million a year salary card but it is kind of nice to hear that talk in Boulder where mentions of Christ are usually met w scourn. My sister went to boulder so i feel it is a fair generalization. 

It will be interesting to watch. I’m totally familiar with the Boulder political scene etc. I don’t want to post something that belongs in the political thread; it’ll be interesting to see how they handle him!

Besides the God card, (as you called it) can you imagine any other coach (modern day) on day one saying: no hats, no earrings, only certain shoes, etc. etc. etc. We need some culture change, who knows, maybe he’s the one.

8 hours ago, AURex said:

So back on track here! 
No. You are not the only one. I’m a little concerned about not having a OC and DC in place by now. It seems organizational that he would have that in place and then assemble the assistants instead of the other way around. 
Yes it’s great that he is hitting the trail. We will see if the fruit of his labor works out pretty soon.

I’d say a top 25 recruiting class is reasonable to expect given who he is and who Auburn is at this point. 

8 hours ago, AUINSY said:

At minimum, I’d wait to make judgments about the staff until they’re all offered and accept jobs; re: to the recruiting, at least until early signing day. I think we all still have a little PTSD from the past 3-4 years of Auburn football and need to take some metaphorical Xanax/chill pills

DITTO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Doesn’t every new coach bring in people he’s worked with? Weird to compare his hires to Saban hiring O’Brien. Saban can hire anyone he wants. Freeze isn’t quite at GOAT status. 

Also, considering every offensive position coach is rumored to have been hired, I’d say it’s very likely he’s selected his OC. 

Edited by zeroforwinger
  • Like 2