What have we see so far from Freeze?

AURex

15 hours ago, Viper said:

Was it a bad look the first 48 hours after his hire when 90% of this board bashed him for his past?

It is now. Almost a month later. With his staff in place and recruiting being successful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I would say 20% max.   Most of those were just a little shocked at the hire when it was not their  first choice.  

I said at the hire "" in 2 weeks people would get bored of it move on to the next big news topic. Those that have not are so emotionally vested it their stance may never take the hit to their pride and convert.

Those first 10 days were brutal!!.....  But THAT WAS THE BRUNT OF IT and we have gotten through it.    It is time to move forward. 

Some,  simply cant

• Like 2

Hey Folks! I would like to ask are there any specific things that you would like to see Coach Hugh Freeze embrace or change.  Everybody wants more wins and better recruiting, but what else is on your wish list?  Here is mine.

(1) Switch from UNDER ARMOUR to NIKE - The reason for this is simple... most young football players love NIKE.  The kids have grown up idolizing NIKE shoes and clothes and they know that they will get tons of free NIKE stuff when they sign with a NIKE school.  Think about this, all 4 of the playoff teams are NIKE schools...  is that a coincidence?  

(2) UNIFORM tweaks for special games - The only good thing to come from the Harsin debacle was the face mask changes.  I really liked the orange face masks and I thought that the white face masks looked "sick" our stormtrooper outfits, but why stop there?  I would love to see Coach Freeze embrace some more uniform changes.  I would guess that at least 90% of the teams have uniform changes throughout the year, so why can't we?  Don't get me wrong, I love Auburn's uniforms, but having a change every now and then would bring so much excitement for the fans and more importantly the kids playing the games.  We need to do all we can to get these hyped and excited to play for Auburn. 

(3)  JORDAN HARE upgrades - I hope that Coach Hugh Freeze will fight to make more improvements to Jordan Hare Stadium.  Auburn needs to do something to attract more fans to Jordan Hare and the first step would be to replace those awful steel benches with real fold-out seats.  Another improvement would be to make the gray concrete parts of the stadium look a little better either by painting or cleaning them.  We could do something like the Florida Gators did to their stadium where they painted certain sections orange.  Florida then writes things on the orange wall that says..."Welcome to the Swamp" or "This is Gator Country".   

(4) Ask fans to donate money for NIL - I know that Auburn has ways for people to donate money to help the NIL, but you never really hear the Coaches asking people to pledge more.  I hope that Coach Freeze will ask the fans to donate money so that it will help our football team "buy" good players...LOL.  

Anybody else have some wish lists and things they would like to see? 

WAR EAGLE for the FUTURE!       

• Love 1

7 hours ago, Tiger Kent said:

4) Ask fans to donate money for NIL - I know that Auburn has ways for people to donate money to help the NIL, but you never really hear the Coaches asking people to pledge more.  I hope that Coach Freeze will ask the fans to donate money so that it will help our football team "buy" good players...LOL.  

This^^^. I would also add, everyone on this site who complains about running behind our rivals should be giving something too. Go to  https://ontovictory.com/ and give! Every dollar matters. WDE 🦅 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Tiger Kent said:

Hey Folks! I would like to ask are there any specific things that you would like to see Coach Hugh Freeze embrace or change.  Everybody wants more wins and better recruiting, but what else is on your wish list?  Here is mine.

1) Under Armour pays Auburn a very sweet deal. The business end of this would have to be carefully examined before changes were made.

2) If you mess with my traditional AU uniforms I'll hit you with my cane!

3) Stadium upgrades may be needed but we've just spent a ton on the football facility. The money may simply not be there.

4) Fans can already donate to the NIL. How much involvement the university itself or AU's coaches can have in this is a question that hasn't been fully answered yet.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

1) Under Armour pays Auburn a very sweet deal. The business end of this would have to be carefully examined before changes were made.

3) Stadium upgrades may be needed but we've just spent a ton on the football facility. The money may simply not be there.

4) Fans can already donate to the NIL. How much involvement the university itself or AU's coaches can have in this is a question that hasn't been fully answered yet.

Money has been spent on the FoF and buyouts.  Might be a while before the stadium gets upgrades. 

I am in favor or some alternate uniforms though.

I am hopeful that the buyout trend comes to an end for a good long while. Maybe a successful year or two will open doors for the Stadium to be improved in some manner. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mikey said:

Agree, I don’t see our athletes being any more attracted to Nike vs Under Armour. 

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 2

On 12/25/2022 at 9:36 AM, Mikey said:

He's using Cristobal as a smokescreen. What's really put the thorn in his side is that AU didn't hire his boi Sanders. Sanders currently has Colorado at #32 in recruiting while Freeze has AU at #16. (Rivals) Even 32nd is an overstatement for Colorado because for whatever reasons, four of Sanders' recruits didn't sign, they are still listed as "Verbal".

To make matters worse, the five 5* guys who were said to have tweeted Sanders and said they would go wherever he was coaching haven't materialized. When that silly claim was made here I asked for names, but of course the names of those Fab Five were never provided. Apparently they never existed. But, since people can't point at any success by Sanders they have to find someone like Cristobal to talk about.

'Tis a bitter pill for some to swallow.

The HC I wanted instead of Mr. Potato Head is currently ranked #4.

The HC I wanted over Kiffin & Freeze is currently ranked #23 at a program that RARELY finishes inside the Top 35.

Where is the HC you wanted?

Oh right…still NOT a HC.

Maybe YOUR boi can use the off-season to work on scoring more than 15 points on a military academy.

Put that in your bitter pill and smoke it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 1

28 minutes ago, Viper said:

The HC I wanted instead of Mr. Potato Head is currently ranked #4.

The HC I wanted over Kiffin & Freeze is currently ranked #23 at a program that RARELY finishes inside the Top 35.

Where is the HC you wanted?

Oh right…still NOT a HC.

Maybe YOUR boi can use the off-season to work on scoring more than 15 points on a military academy.

Put that in your bitter pill and smoke it.

Mario is a good recruiter but losses way to many games that he should win. Statistically speaking Gus is way ahead of him in the wins and losses category and is 1-0 vs Cristobal who had Justin Herbert as Qb.

Hugh Freeze win losses record is much higher than Cristobal as well.

Let’s see if he can dethrone Clemson or get past FSU with that #4 class. TBD

Edited by e808
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, e808 said:

Mario is a good recruiter but losses way to many games that he should win. Statistically speaking Gus is way ahead of him in the wins and losses category and is 1-0 vs Cristobal who had Justin Herbert as Qb.

Hugh Freeze win losses record is much higher than Cristobal as well.

I’m not arguing I wanted Mario over Freeze as they weren’t running head to head for the HC opening. My point is Mario, who I wanted 2 years ago, is an elite recruiter.

On 12/26/2022 at 10:55 PM, Tiger Kent said:

(1) Switch from UNDER ARMOUR to NIKE - The reason for this is simple... most young football players love NIKE.  The kids have grown up idolizing NIKE shoes and clothes and they know that they will get tons of free NIKE stuff when they sign with a NIKE school.  Think about this, all 4 of the playoff teams are NIKE schools...  is that a coincidence?  

(2) UNIFORM tweaks for special games - The only good thing to come from the Harsin debacle was the face mask changes.  I really liked the orange face masks and I thought that the white face masks looked "sick" our stormtrooper outfits, but why stop there?  I would love to see Coach Freeze embrace some more uniform changes.  I would guess that at least 90% of the teams have uniform changes throughout the year, so why can't we?  Don't get me wrong, I love Auburn's uniforms, but having a change every now and then would bring so much excitement for the fans and more importantly the kids playing the games.  We need to do all we can to get these hyped and excited to play for Auburn. 

(3)  JORDAN HARE upgrades - I hope that Coach Hugh Freeze will fight to make more improvements to Jordan Hare Stadium.  Auburn needs to do something to attract more fans to Jordan Hare and the first step would be to replace those awful steel benches with real fold-out seats.  Another improvement would be to make the gray concrete parts of the stadium look a little better either by painting or cleaning them.  We could do something like the Florida Gators did to their stadium where they painted certain sections orange.  Florida then writes things on the orange wall that says..."Welcome to the Swamp" or "This is Gator Country".   

(4) Ask fans to donate money for NIL - I know that Auburn has ways for people to donate money to help the NIL, but you never really hear the Coaches asking people to pledge more.  I hope that Coach Freeze will ask the fans to donate money so that it will help our football team "buy" good players...LOL.  

Anybody else have some wish lists and things they would like to see? 

WAR EAGLE for the FUTURE!       

1) Nike sucks, so if we change it's to Adidas or anyone but Nike!

2) The white face masks did look sick, in a putrid sick way! I hope that Harsin took them with him. We should keep the orange (with blue jerseys) and blue (with white jerseys) and leave the uniforms alone otherwise! 

3) Seats vs. benches will have less people...but it would be more comfortable.

4) As others have said, fans are already contributing to the NIL.

5) MOVE the damn press box so that Andy may be able to see better and make less mistakes calling the games. I would prefer that we try someone else!   

Edited by GAAubie

11 minutes ago, Viper said:

I’m not arguing I wanted Mario over Freeze as they weren’t running head to head for the HC opening. My point is Mario, who I wanted 2 years ago, is an elite recruiter.

Ok no argument there. Definitely would have been better than Harsin but he is old news.

38 minutes ago, e808 said:

Ok no argument there. Definitely would have been better than Harsin but he is old news.

Def old news, but the same premise as when folks bring up the much older news of wanting Kirby instead of Gus in December 2012.

The Mario point was a reply to NWALA Tiger. Some felt the need to also respond.

On 12/27/2022 at 8:54 AM, Mikey said:

i wish auburn would open a NIL store so we can get auto's and other things with out money and still support the team.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2022 at 10:36 PM, AURex said:

1. He has hit the road on awesome fashion to rub-nub and howdy-there with bunches of Alabama high school coaches. This is AWESOMENESS way beyond Harsin and I am really impressed.

2. He is hiring his buds from Liberty and Ole Miss. I guess we'd expect that with a new coach, but personally I'd like to see some nationally great hires -- i.e. from NFL or great teams. This not only for expertise, but also from recruiting vantage. For example, Saban hires O'Brien

Am I the only one who is concerned about another Malzahn-like good buddy staff ..... and worse .... Harsin-like good buddy staff.

I'm hoping for some A+ surprise hires at the assistant/coordinator level.

Agreed. And the following comment has ZERO to do with this topic, but I just watched Malzahn get blown out by Duke in the Military Bowl, settling for yet another nine not ten win season. Maybe HF improves our situation, maybe he doesn’t, but he did at least get off to an awesome recruiting start, with very little time. Gus was a decent coach, but was really falling behind in recruiting and ability to switch up offensive play calling, which showed again today in a 30-13 beat down from Duke. Harsin may be the worst coach in the history of the SEC. Admittedly, I gave him a large benefit of a doubt and was very wrong. HF was not in my top guys, due to his similarities to GM and of course his past, but he has already proven me wrong, with this very good signing class. Looking forward to seeing what the next few off season months bring. WDE

• Like 1

22 hours ago, au701948 said:

I am hopeful that the buyout trend comes to an end for a good long while. Maybe a successful year or two will open doors for the Stadium to be improved in some manner. 

Still holding out hope for that Yeungling fountain

• Thanks 1