What have we see so far from Freeze?

AURex

8 hours ago, woodford said:

That's the thing I liked about Deion the most. It's a shame if any other coach attempted that their career would be destroyed. It's not a "culture" thing, it's a "can you follow simple rules, have respect, or are you an idiot?" That's the whole point.

You and I know that, millions of others don’t.

16 hours ago, Viper said:

Colorado has had two 1-win seasons since 1984. 2012 and 2022. What would you do? Encourage them all to stay?

Prime will replace them with mostly 4-stars. He will have Colorado in the Top 20 in recruiting/portal by the next class. Highest they've been in the last 10 years is #35.

Colorado is just a spring board for him to a much bigger P5 program within 3 years. He'll be a SEC HC within 5 years.

@Mikey No explanation why you disagree, so just facepalm it. We know you aren’t a mute. That’s for damn sure. Facepalm that.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

44 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

We're lucky to have both of you. 

Sorry man, I do feel bad for you. It must suck to be so wrong, so often. But I will say this: you are very consistent with it!

The Colorado boards would love to have you; another plus for you would be, they are more your kind of people.

Auburn and my kind of people here:

From our beloved basketball coach Bruce Pearl on our new football coach Hugh Freeze:

“I just think that Hugh is going to be a great fit for Auburn,” said Pearl. “He understands the SEC. He's won, beaten teams that were more talented than he's been. He's going to hire a great staff. He's got an incredible family. He's a wonderful Christian man.
“He's asked for grace. He's going to be given grace here in this Christian community of Auburn. I'm thrilled that this leadership team is in place and I look forward to working with him.”

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

The great thing about the DS debate is that it’s no longer theoretical.  Bad program, horrible season, no talent, poor recruiting foot print. Impossible. And he’s so violently direct and honest. What possible chance does he have? And thank goodness we passed on him. Right?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

The great thing about the DS debate is that it’s no longer theoretical.  Bad program, horrible season, no talent, poor recruiting foot print. Impossible. And he’s so violently direct and honest. What possible chance does he have? And thank goodness we passed on him. Right?

Time will tell. 

2 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Absolutely. But I’m betting you’ve got an instinct. We’ll see.

Personally, I think Coach Sanders has a major uphill battle that a lot of you guys are simply overlooking, just because of his potential ability to recruit. That is part of the puzzle but much more to it. I am rooting for him.

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

Personally, I think Coach Sanders has a major uphill battle that a lot of you guys are simply overlooking, just because of his potential ability to recruit. That is part of the puzzle but much more to it. I am rooting for him.

I agree. He definitely needs a deeply seasoned coordinator (an ex hc would be perfect) to advise and structure/channel his natural impromptu style. More rigor, and tone down his directness and the Deion-show style a bit. If can be disciplined enough to do that - dear lord.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I agree. He definitely needs a deeply seasoned coordinator (an ex hc would be perfect) to advise and structure/channel his natural impromptu style. More rigor, and tone down his directness and the Deion-show style a bit. If can be disciplined enough to do that - dear lord.

I believe he had that at JSU.

21 hours ago, Win4AU said:

No I got a bad vibe from him telling the guys who committed to play for Colorado and get their education from Colorado that they need to get ready to hit the portal because he’s bringing his own luggage and it’s Louie.  I get he’s saying that if those guys want to stick around they’re going to be competing for their jobs with his guys but there’s a better way to say that.  Had big a**hole vibes.  

I didn't see that clip of Deion but Hugh Freeze went on College Gameday and said something to the effect of "we are going to recruit and if you want to play early come to AU" which feels like the same message to me

4 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I didn't see that clip of Deion but Hugh Freeze went on College Gameday and said something to the effect of "we are going to recruit and if you want to play early come to AU" which feels like the same message to me

I think if you watch the Deion clip you will see a big difference between the words used and the demeanor expressed between Prime and Danny. 
The “luggage” comment by Prime was overboard and given his son is one those pieces of luggage seems this will not go over well in the locker room. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

I think if you watch the Deion clip you will see a big difference between the words used and the demeanor expressed between Prime and Danny. 
The “luggage” comment by Prime was overboard and given his son is one those pieces of luggage seems this will not go over well in the locker room. 

Cough (daddy ball) Cough 

Not who I wanted but I am willing to give Freeze a chance. 
anything, and I mean anything, is better than Harsin. A HS coach, a HS player, a rock, a stick, etc… all better. 

5 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

And thank goodness we passed on him. Right?

Right. But not for the reasons you mentioned.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Right. But not for the reasons you mentioned.

Don’t spoil it for me. When he inevitably fails for being completely over his head or causes a disastrous scandal, as you’ve always predicted, I deserve to be totally humbled. Thank goodness our crack admin avoided Colorado’s disaster and chose instead… what we have now. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

18 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Heard last nite, Derek Mason is a possibility as DC

Last time he was hired, someone on here said he will be a “monster recruiter” that never really turned out.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Don’t spoil it for me. When he inevitably fails for being completely over his head or causes a disastrous scandal, as you’ve always predicted, I deserve to be totally humbled. Thank goodness our crack admin avoided Colorado’s disaster and chose instead… what we have now. 

You wouldn’t deserve to be humbled. You wanted Deion, you had good reasons for it, and that’s ok. This is a passionate time because there is no clear-cut right answer for who our perfect coach should be. And even if Prime is bad at CU, it still doesn’t mean that he’d be bad here at Auburn. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Tiger said:

I agree. When people here started to moan about what Deon said, I thought back to the Freeze Gameday interview. The difference IMO is the polish in the message but the message is the same. 

2 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

I agree. When people here started to moan about what Deon said, I thought back to the Freeze Gameday interview. The difference IMO is the polish in the message but the message is the same. 

One big difference is Freeze didn’t introduce his son as starting QB. Course he did bring his daughter as his personal assistant (which many commented about his nepotism as unprofessional/wrong).

Edited by Hank2020
  • Like 1