What have we see so far from Freeze?

AURex

3 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

One big difference is Freeze didn’t introduce his son as starting QB. Course he did bring his daughter as his personal assistant (which many commented about his nepotism as unprofessional/wrong).

Normally I agree about the nepotism issue. In this one however, I feel having his daughter close to him is another layer of protection against bad decisions. I think the woman wouldn't let her mother be mistreated. Thus she is going to make sure Hugh is on his best behavior. 

All this said and I am supporting Freeze. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Last time he was hired, someone on here said he will be a “monster recruiter” that never really turned out.

We’re giving everyone a pass who served under he who shall not be named.   

• Like 2

It’s funny that some people are upset that CHF hired his daughter in an assistant role, but love that Stephen Pearl is an assistant coach on our basketball team.  
Personally, I support both hires.  Having someone you trust, having unity, and who promotes the type of culture you’re trying to develop are very important.   Also, S. Pearl is a great coach.   And I’m sure CHF’s daughter will be doing a great job as well.   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

It’s funny that some people are upset that CHF hired his daughter in an assistant role, but love that Stephen Pearl is an assistant coach on our basketball team.  
Personally, I support both hires.  Having someone you trust, having unity, and who promotes the type of culture you’re trying to develop are very important.   Also, S. Pearl is a great coach.   And I’m sure CHF’s daughter will be doing a great job as well.   

Why would anybody care who Freeze’s assistant is??? That literally blows my mind. 

On 12/6/2022 at 3:08 PM, auburnatl1 said:

Don’t spoil it for me. When he inevitably fails for being completely over his head or causes a disastrous scandal, as you’ve always predicted, I deserve to be totally humbled. Thank goodness our crack admin avoided Colorado’s disaster and chose instead… what we have now. 

I’m just waiting for him to take over half of Alabama and Georgia’s five stars. Do you know when that’s going to happen?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, AUinMS9528 said:

13 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

Why would anybody care who Freeze’s assistant is??? That literally blows my mind. 

The events that eventually sent shock waves through the program, though, came during the 2017 season, when seniors refused to board the bus for a road trip to Georgia until a certain player got off the bus. That player was engaging in a relationship with Corey Myers, according to the lawsuit, and players presented photographs of text messages between the associate head coach and player as proof.

This is why some will care. When family relationships are involved it complicates things. That is not to say that all that can will abuse the situation like Corey Myers did, but it makes things more difficult. 

Edited by Chaotic_zx
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

There is no, ZERO comparison between a coach having a sexual relationship with a player and Freeze's daughter or Pearl's son working with the team. How did that line of thinking even pop into your head?

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Mikey said:

There is no, ZERO comparison between a coach having a sexual relationship with a player and Freeze's daughter or Pearl's son working with the team. How did that line of thinking even pop into your head?

Largely because nepotism stopped Clint Myers from correcting the behavior of his son. I suppose it was legal for the the younger Myers to sleep with college age girls although frowned upon if they are on the team he coaches. My point was/is that Clint had to have known what was going on and neglected to act based solely on the person causing the conflict being his son. Nepotism laws exist for a reason. Had it been an employee without the father/son dynamic, I feel Clint would have stopped it as soon as he found out. 

The correlation is that if his daughter is his assistant and does something she shouldn't, Freeze would have a conflict of interest based solely on their relationship. Likewise, his daughter would be less inclined to report her father of wayward activity. I do not think his daughter is like Corey Myers in any way. I actually support Freeze's daughter being his assistant because to me it means Freeze will be less likely to do something wayward of his wife. Added insurance if you will. A win for his family/himself and a win for Auburn. I am just presenting another side and answering the questions(that I quoted) asked with examples of it going bad. 

Edited by Chaotic_zx
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

OMG. Are you saying Steven Pearl is hooking up with the players!

Basketball is doomed....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

OMG. Are you saying Steven Pearl is hooking up with the players!

Basketball is doomed....

I'm sure some may think that I was implying that. Couldn't be further from the truth but it will be a thought. 

On 12/5/2022 at 10:48 PM, woodford said:

That's the thing I liked about Deion the most. It's a shame if any other coach attempted that their career would be destroyed. It's not a "culture" thing, it's a "can you follow simple rules, have respect, or are you an idiot?" That's the whole point.

Yes we need a culture change from everyone gets a trophy and it’s all about “you” to:  "can you follow simple rules, have respect, or are you an idiot?" 

Throw in a little Cadillac Williams: It’s not about you, it’s about Auburn! 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

Was told yesterday Georgia Tech passed on him as well, not the other way around. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Was told yesterday Georgia Tech passed on him as well, not the other way around. 

Why would Prime only want 4.0 students?

2 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

Largely because nepotism stopped Clint Myers from correcting the behavior of his son. I suppose it was legal for the the younger Myers to sleep with college age girls although frowned upon if they are on the team he coaches. My point was/is that Clint had to have known what was going on and neglected to act based solely on the person causing the conflict being his son. Nepotism laws exist for a reason. Had it been an employee without the father/son dynamic, I feel Clint would have stopped it as soon as he found out. 

The correlation is that if his daughter is his assistant and does something she shouldn't, Freeze would have a conflict of interest based solely on their relationship. Likewise, his daughter would be less inclined to report her father of wayward activity. I do not think his daughter is like Corey Myers in any way. I actually support Freeze's daughter being his assistant because to me it means Freeze will be less likely to do something wayward of his wife. Added insurance if you will. A win for his family/himself and a win for Auburn. I am just presenting another side and answering the questions(that I quoted) asked with examples of it going bad. 

Excellent post.  Just because the Pearl arrangement has worked (thus far) does not mean it is good policy.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Butthead said:

Excellent post.  Just because the Pearl arrangement has worked (thus far) does not mean it is good policy.

People hiring people in their own families is extremely prevalent in sports. How reporting lines are handled are usually spelled out to help in these circumstances.

7 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

People hiring people in their own families is extremely prevalent in sports. How reporting lines are handled are usually spelled out to help in these circumstances.

If the worse that happens with freeze is hiring his daughter as his assistant - take it and run.  It’s a non story to me.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

Talk about reaching. 

• Like 1