2023 Portal Discussion Thread

toddc

9 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

State’s second leading rusher entered the portal…..check out what he said about Leach in his statement 👀 👀 👀 

Damn!  Good for him to tell it like it is. 

On 12/7/2022 at 8:01 AM, Sizzle said:

In the picture he looks like a stud and his measurables 6'7" 300 pounds fits that scenario but then in 2 years at his current school he has not been able to get any significant PT which does give me some pause on this young man.

I don't think I have seen this name mentioned yet....former Ok St QB.

https://www.si.com/college/auburn/football/auburn-football-transfer-portal-spencer-sanders-espn-analyst-hugh-freeze-offense

Edited by Crypto Dentist

On 12/8/2022 at 6:15 AM, tinman1 said:

Damn!  Good for him to tell it like it is. 

Well he certainly told his version of the story lol. Not sure I would have put that out there like that regardless. 

• Like 1

If Auburn is offering portal RB’s then that’s a pretty good indication that Tank is gone (as he should be)

Edited by Sizzle

On 12/7/2022 at 9:01 PM, AEAugirl said:

State’s second leading rusher entered the portal…..check out what he said about Leach in his statement 👀 👀 👀 

I wonder if he regrets it at all after the past 24 hours...I think I probably would. I'd hate for the last words I had about a person alive/in his right mind or good health, were a pretty big fallout/disagreement/fight, and next thing I know they were gone or close to gone. I get he wants to get his opportunity, and he may have been right/justified in saying it, but that would be a regret for me. 

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 1

On 12/8/2022 at 7:36 AM, Hank2020 said:

How do you know he told it like it is?

Well there is audio of it, for one.  https://www.outkick.com/mike-leach-dillon-johnson-not-tough-alleged-leaked-audio/

Leach is just not one to mince words, at all.  

I still have to imagine this is weighing very heavy on Dillon Johnson right now.  

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Well there is audio of it, for one.  https://www.outkick.com/mike-leach-dillon-johnson-not-tough-alleged-leaked-audio/

Leach is just not one to mince words, at all.  

I still have to imagine this is weighing very heavy on Dillon Johnson right now.  

Yes, he certainly could have handled it differently, but do could have Leech.

26 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Yes, he certainly could have handled it differently, but do could have Leech.

Yeah the burden of improving communications should fall on the adult in the room 9 times out of 10. Especially when you have someone who’s as rough around the edges as Leach sometimes is 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Apparently ppl think we are the immediate favorite and it'll be a quick recruitment

He put up crazy stats. Would be nice to have that QB early to pull in other position and OL on offense

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Apparently ppl think we are the immediate favorite and it'll be a quick recruitment

He put up crazy stats. Would be nice to have that QB early to pull in other position and OL on offense

Come to the SEC! Play against the best. Come and start. 

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Absolute gamer. Reminds me of the kid from TCU. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, W.E.D said:

It would be the biggest recruiting win for Auburn in a long, long time. we really need something like this to happen. It all starts with a stud quarterback.

• Like 2

In looking at our offense for next year, we need a starting quarterback, at least 4 starters on the line, maybe a Stud WR.  
The portal will make or break us this year, and we can’t strike out like we did in the last. 

2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Remember last year when we were going to bring in some assistant from Seattle and then bring in Caleb Williams? Hahahaha

Austin Davis, Seahawks QB coach. Hired here at Auburn and resigned in about 1 months time. Definitely a strange situation. I remember people were somehow linking him to Caleb through Russell Wilson and another coach. 

Kinda like when Chizik hired Scott Loeffler from Temple and alot of our fans were ecstatic because Loeffler had once worked with Tom Brady. It turned out to be one of the worst coordinator hires in Auburn history.

IDK if he's interested in us, but another name to add to the wish list to fill in the completely empty DE depth chart

• Like 2