Why I hate the the idea of automatic power 5 conference champions in the new playoff system

DAG

If they did away with the conference championship game then you are back to having ties for conference champions and then having to rely on someone voting on who gets a bye for the playoffs?

6 hours ago, woodford said:

Does it? Conf championships don’t even matter that much anymore. It’s just an extra game. Last year’s SECCG was completely pointless. The entire discussion was both are in no matter what. 

I just want regular season games back down to 11 when they expand the playoff. It’s too much football and elite players will become selective of games they play in. 

It keeps more teams in for a longer period of time. 

Main problem I have with 12 teams is not that it's 12 teams, but that it will make the season longer. 

People say "FCS and Div II does it and they don't have problems."  Yeah, true.  But none of those guys are about to go to the NFL.  It doesn't matter to them and they don't stand to lose millions with an injury.  But FBS teams who make the playoffs will have future NFL draft picks on the roster. I guarantee those guys are not happy about having to play these extra games. 

I heard Tubs interviewed about it and he said we're gonna see future NFL picks sit more and more as the play-offs keep getting expanded.  I think he's right.

11 minutes ago, AcUmen said:

Main problem I have with 12 teams is not that it's 12 teams, but that it will make the season longer. 

People say "FCS and Div II does it and they don't have problems."  Yeah, true.  But none of those guys are about to go to the NFL.  It doesn't matter to them and they don't stand to lose millions with an injury.  But FBS teams who make the playoffs will have future NFL draft picks on the roster. I guarantee those guys are not happy about having to play these extra games. 

I heard Tubs interviewed about it and he said we're gonna see future NFL picks sit more and more as the play-offs keep getting expanded.  I think he's right.

We will still crown a winner. Those that play will play. It will be the same for those that enter the portal. You just play what ya got and accept the outcome.