Tank ?

AUY2K

Right now Tank's NIL is 600K.  

He is projected to go 4th round in the NFL draft.  The average for a 4th round pick last year was around 800K.

Does Auburn offer up 800K to try and keep Tank on the team for his Sr. year with hopefully improving his draft status?

OR

Does Auburn offer to keep Tank's NIL at it's current rate and if he goes he goes and Auburn gets another RB out of the portal?

• Like 1

Save the NIL for key need positions. I think we’re in decent shape at RB even if Tank declares. We need the blocking more.

• Like 7

We appreciate everything that Tank has done for Auburn but it is time for him to go get paid in the NFL. NFL careers are short and he doesn't need another year of wear and tear at Auburn. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

We appreciate everything that Tank has done for Auburn but it is time for him to go get paid in the NFL. NFL careers are short and he doesn't need another year of wear and tear at Auburn. 

Great point.  I'm sure he is getting plenty of real world advise from Carnell and Ronnie !!!

I dont know what Tank/AU should do....but the fact that this is something to think about in college ball (NIL$ vs NFL$) is kinda crazy. Interesting times we live in : )

...and War Eagle.

• Like 2

If his dream was to play in the NFL then it’s time to move on. Not sure what round he might go. There is more than enough tape for teams to evaluate. He only needs that one team that thinks he can help them. The only question might be can he catch the ball coming out the backfield. Most teams are using their backs as pass catchers.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, woodford said:

600K goodness gracious 

If we get enough OL talent coming in I’d love to have him back. He should do what’s best for him. 

600k . Wow. good For him. I hope my modeling gig pays off like that. The market for hand models is fantastic. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, alabastertiger said:

The decision is Tank's, and if he is looking at the same OL that I am then it will be a very quick decision to jump to the league.

Obviously it is not our intention of it being the same OL. He can’t know what that looks lije at this point. I think no doubt he goes to NFL.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

If we could put the money back in the pot I’d say let him go and get olinemen. Hunter and Alston will do fine.

I'm guessing there's enough for both

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AUY2K said:

Right now Tank's NIL is 600K.  

He is projected to go 4th round in the NFL draft.  The average for a 4th round pick last year was around 800K.

Does Auburn offer up 800K to try and keep Tank on the team for his Sr. year with hopefully improving his draft status?

OR

Does Auburn offer to keep Tank's NIL at it's current rate and if he goes he goes and Auburn gets another RB out of the portal?

Where did you get the $600k from?

I believe it's significantly less than that, under $200k.

Obviously, for us, it’s much better to have him here than not.  Not only do we need RB depth, but Tank is a game changer!
Secondly, with a significantly upgraded OL, he could increase his draft projection a good bit.  
Third, it’s up to him.   If he wants to go, he should go.  You never know what might happen next year.   He also might love the college experience, being a team leader, etc.  and want to stay if the money isn’t drastically different.   🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AUY2K said:

Great point.  I'm sure he is getting plenty of real world advise from Carnell and Ronnie !!!

Both of which came back for their senior year and became millionaires multiple times over both going in the top 5.....

Cadillac could use his real world advice to prove the point that coming back could help him.  Similar set up.  New offense, another back in the backfield to split carries with to keep some tread on the tires....

29 minutes ago, Duder said:

Both of which came back for their senior year and became millionaires multiple times over both going in the top 5.....

Cadillac could use his real world advice to prove the point that coming back could help him.  Similar set up.  New offense, another back in the backfield to split carries with to keep some tread on the tires....

The problem with that the times have changed. Backs aren’t in high demand like they were back then. To me people have tape on him and he should get drafted. Not sure how much better his stock would increase coming back. I just fear the risk of injury

8 hours ago, hikerdns said:

I dont know what Tank/AU should do....but the fact that this is something to think about in college ball (NIL$ vs NFL$) is kinda crazy. Interesting times we live in : )

...and War Eagle.

I don’t like it. It’s going the end of CFB. I’m not mad about it but money is ruining professional golf too. 

• Like 2

I remember reading the top NIl players Tank and Owen were on that list. 600k stood out to me.  I can’t remember what Owens NIl was.

1 hour ago, alexava said:

I don’t like it. It’s going the end of CFB. I’m not mad about it but money is ruining professional golf too. 

Not in the golfers eyes!!lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

Not in the golfers eyes!!lol

That’s why it’s ruining it. They are happy until the money runs out. If the fans are not interested they will lose. It will take a while though and they are ecstatic right now. 

I think Tank should stay.  A 4th round grade is a far cry from what a 1st rounder gets.  I think he could easily move into the 1st round with a great senior season, and with that 1st round pick he will get a GUARANTEED contract.  My reasoning for my opinion is that I believe that he will benefit enormously from the new coach and the offense he will implement.  Everyone knew that Auburn was going to run the ball 95% of the time from about the 2nd game onward thru the entire season.  They knew they were going to run almost exclusively the last 4 games.  Despite this, Tank still managed to have some very good games at the end of the season and throughout the year.  What would he be capable of with: 1. A greatly improved offensive line that actually opens holes for longer than a second or two consistently, and a line that reduces the number of times by half at least where there is a defender in the backfield and/or at the point of the hand-off from the QB.  2. An offense that can throw the ball on any down, with multiple route trees and numerous formations. In short, an offense where the defense has to actually defend both the run and the pass on nearly every down. 

I think that just adding these two things to the Auburn offense would do wonders for Tank's production, particularly his average per carry and yards after contact (as the contact will happen after some positive yards are gained instead of behind or at the line of scrimmage.  Getting more than 1000 yards should be no problem, even with Tank sharing the backfield. Just my .02 cents.  

27 minutes ago, alexava said:

That’s why it’s ruining it. They are happy until the money runs out. If the fans are not interested they will lose. It will take a while though and they are ecstatic right now. 

No sport, comes to my mind, that has priced itself to extinction. Most adjust as they go, or has so far.

• Like 1