Tank ?

AUY2K

47 minutes ago, BHDAU1 said:

I think Tank should stay.  A 4th round grade is a far cry from what a 1st rounder gets.  I think he could easily move into the 1st round with a great senior season, and with that 1st round pick he will get a GUARANTEED contract.  My reasoning for my opinion is that I believe that he will benefit enormously from the new coach and the offense he will implement.  Everyone knew that Auburn was going to run the ball 95% of the time from about the 2nd game onward thru the entire season.  They knew they were going to run almost exclusively the last 4 games.  Despite this, Tank still managed to have some very good games at the end of the season and throughout the year.  What would he be capable of with: 1. A greatly improved offensive line that actually opens holes for longer than a second or two consistently, and a line that reduces the number of times by half at least where there is a defender in the backfield and/or at the point of the hand-off from the QB.  2. An offense that can throw the ball on any down, with multiple route trees and numerous formations. In short, an offense where the defense has to actually defend both the run and the pass on nearly every down. 

I think that just adding these two things to the Auburn offense would do wonders for Tank's production, particularly his average per carry and yards after contact (as the contact will happen after some positive yards are gained instead of behind or at the line of scrimmage.  Getting more than 1000 yards should be no problem, even with Tank sharing the backfield. Just my .02 cents.  

take a look here https://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/rb

Since 2010 there have only been 19 RBs taken in the first round.  I like Tank but I don't know if he would improve 3 rounds in a year.  If he was that good he would be higher up than the 4th round.  Not Tanking on Tank as I like him but the scouts know what he can do and can't do.  If he goes now, he is on his way to that 2nd contract which is much better.  If he stayed he could be loosing over 200-600k a year (depending upon what NIL he is getting)

• Like 1

I am so totally crazed happy with all TANK has cotributed to Auburn football. Not just on the field, but to our program and recruiting.

If he does turn pro, I wish him the greatest success. It is a tough position to succeed at in rghe NFL and I hope he has a good run.

As for Auburn recruiting ..... bring it on!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AUY2K said:

Right now Tank's NIL is 600K.  

I saw elsewhere that it was 150k. Could it be that the 600k came from averaging four years?

At any rate, if we get Hunter and Alston back and keep the RB prospect from Montgomery we'll be fine. I don't think we'll need a portal RB, Tank or not.

15 hours ago, e808 said:

The problem with that the times have changed. Backs aren’t in high demand like they were back then. To me people have tape on him and he should get drafted. Not sure how much better his stock would increase coming back. I just fear the risk of injury

Najee and Etienne both went first round in 2021, Edwards-Helaire in 2020, Jacobs in 2019 (as a back up)

The right back with the right resume can get 1st round money.  Leaving as a 4th round draft pick is far from a sure-fire NFL career.  The prevailing logic is "he's put enough on film."  But, has he?  He's shown good burst and decent hands but he hasn't shown he can consistently be the back he was as a freshman.  I know 100% for a fact that Cadillac is campaigning for him to come back.  Again, he has backs to share the load with and is going to be in a much better offense to put up gawdy numbers.  If it were a slam dunk he were gone, he would've announced already.  A 4th round grade and a few hundred K isn't enough to move the needle on bailing to me.

12 minutes ago, Duder said:

Najee and Etienne both went first round in 2021, Edwards-Helaire in 2020, Jacobs in 2019 (as a back up)

The right back with the right resume can get 1st round money.  Leaving as a 4th round draft pick is far from a sure-fire NFL career.  The prevailing logic is "he's put enough on film."  But, has he?  He's shown good burst and decent hands but he hasn't shown he can consistently be the back he was as a freshman.  I know 100% for a fact that Cadillac is campaigning for him to come back.  Again, he has backs to share the load with and is going to be in a much better offense to put up gawdy numbers.  If it were a slam dunk he were gone, he would've announced already.  A 4th round grade and a few hundred K isn't enough to move the needle on bailing to me.

He should have enough on tape. He is currently 7th all time on the Auburn rush list. Currently no one knows what he might grade out as . Even with a grade sometimes they are wrong as well. Only takes one team that think u can help their team. Think about this James Cook got drafted in the second round. Do u think he is better than tank because I don’t. 

Edited by e808

38 minutes ago, Duder said:

So you want Tank to come back to put another year of wear and tear on his body? The average lifespan of a running back is 3.5 years in the NFL. He will be eligible for the NFL pension after 3 years. The sooner he gets to the NFL the better. You are only thinking about now; not 20 years from now when his career is over. He needs to start contributing to the NFL pension plan as soon as he can to ensure he continues to get money monthly long after his career is over. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

For the greater good of both parties it would be best for Tank to go. His career will be better off. Auburn is fine at RB. Tanks NIL money can be redistributed to other more needed areas on the team. 

*** I personally thought Quez had a better year and could be a more effective option for us. 

21 hours ago, maryland tiger said:

So you want Tank to come back to put another year of wear and tear on his body? The average lifespan of a running back is 3.5 years in the NFL. He will be eligible for the NFL pension after 3 years. The sooner he gets to the NFL the better. You are only thinking about now; not 20 years from now when his career is over. He needs to start contributing to the NFL pension plan as soon as he can to ensure he continues to get money monthly long after his career is over. 

Lol. One year on his pension vs another zero behind his contract

On 12/6/2022 at 10:02 AM, woodford said:

600K goodness gracious 

If we get enough OL talent coming in I’d love to have him back. He should do what’s best for him. 

Take that $$, split it up between the highest rated portal OLmen. The portal is ripe with OL right now - make 'em an offer they just can't refu$e. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JerryAU said:

Take that $$, split it up between the highest rated portal OLmen. The portal is ripe with OL right now - make 'em an offer they just can't refu$e. 

According to what's being claimed. we don't need to split Tank's NIL money with anybody else. There is plenty to go around for everybody.

That young man has given AU much more than he's received in return. If he turns pro, I'm in his camp. You GO, young man!

If he stays, hallelujah Tigers, you slay young man!

Eithr way, I'm all for Tank!

• Like 2

Sure hope Tank comes back, but we will be OK if he chooses to go pro.  Hunter is ready to be our starter.

• Like 1