Wesley McGriff cornerbacks coach

AuGrad2004

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

None of those websites look reputable at all.

Remember ‘Sports by Brooks’? 😅

• Sad 2

It was on Facebook two days ago and now I can’t find it. Also a post that Calzada will transfer. He had said he’s going to stay and compete. 

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Is any hire besides Freeze himself, and I guess retaining Caddy, actually official?

I'm not getting too negative right now. 0nly 2 scenarios make sense to me right now.

1- the OL and DL coach have been hired before the OC and DC are announced, therefore I'm assuming OC and DC are still coaching. This is my hope.

2- every coach approached by Freeze said hell no and we're in a situation we're all too familiar with and he took what he could get. 

Stay tuned.

1 minute ago, JuscAUse! said:

I'm not getting too negative right now. 0nly 2 scenarios make sense to me right now.

1- the OL and DL coach have been hired before the OC and DC are announced, therefore I'm assuming OC and DC are still coaching. This is my hope.

2- every coach approached by Freeze said hell no and we're in a situation we're all too familiar with and he took what he could get. 

Stay tuned.

I'm also talking about the OL coach. I see no official press release.

10 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Stay tuned.

I mean its natural for us to get antsy. The last 6 months it seems like Auburn has been more tight lipped than ever. Doesn't help that those who are suppose to be the closest seem to never have the right info.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, DAG said:

I mean its natural for us to get antsy. The last 6 months it seems like Auburn has been more tight lipped than ever. Doesn't help that those who are suppose to be the closest seem to never have the right info.

But that could be a good thing, considering our 'insiders' seem to consistently be wrong. And I'm not including the guys that have access on this board or others. I'm talking about the guys they get their info from. Maybe we're doing things differently and actually have a plan that we are working.?  Or it's option 2..........🙏

Edited by JuscAUse!
  • Like 1

Well they’ve been seen in AU gear recruiting so…..idk lol 

according to brandon marcello.

Louisville secondary coach Wes "Crime Dawg" McGriff has been hired to the same position at Auburn, sources tell @247Sports. McGriff worked alongside Hugh Freeze at Ole Miss. He coached at Auburn in 2019 and 2020, and was at Florida in 2021.
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

i think this is a good hire. i know when he lefy a lot of people were sad to see him go.

• Like 3

• RunInRed changed the title to Crime Dog Hired
4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i think this is a good hire. i know when he lefy a lot of people were sad to see him go.

agreed.   He is one of those coaches that people never say "Man I'm glad he is gone".

• Like 1

What does this mean to CZE?  Will he still have coaching duties, off the field duties or let go. I know it is probably too soon to ask this and I would really hate to loose him after all he has done while here.

1 hour ago, SMITTY4AU said:

What does this mean to CZE?  Will he still have coaching duties, off the field duties or let go. I know it is probably too soon to ask this and I would really hate to loose him after all he has done while here.

Probably coaching the safeties.

• Like 1

• WarTiger changed the title to Wesley McGriff cornerbacks coach

Presumably it also sets up a future staff. If and when Freeze builds good will. The DC will likely leave at some point. Freeze can promote McGriff and CZE can take over all of the secondary. 

• Like 1