Rodarius (Rara) Thomas Commited to UGA

TigerHorn

11 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

I’m not sure how stacked we are compared to UGA….some of the numbers I have seen thrown around are 🤯.  Apparently gave a 5* a $1.8M signing bonus and $800k a season and Ohio State couldn’t match???  That’s insane.  

I mean I guess we could be, just not sure aside from possibly the 5*s from Carver that Auburn would even be talking those kind of numbers with anyone but then again I’m not running the collectives and don’t know what the money flow looks like. 

Assuming this article is accurate, here’s the breakdown…..

https://www.si.com/college/auburn/.amp/football/college-football-ranking-the-strength-of-every-nil-collective-in-the-sec-football

originally posted by @auburnatl1

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Not convinced about Bama’s being stronger than Auburn at this point.   That $3M number would include Bryce Young’s national NIL deals which is probably at least half of that $3M number considering the national non collective deals he has.  

I honestly think NIL blowing up like it has caught Bama a little off guard and they are behind in their NIL funding.  Thus the remarks from Saban about Fisher buying his entire team, etc.  

Also think it could have contributed to Bama recently scrapping some facility plans.  

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I'm not Rara but if I was, I'd go where I'd have the best chance to  showcase my talent, even if my NIL was less. NIL money is short term life changing. NFL money can be generational life changing. 

Absolutely! But having taught university students for a long time I’ve found most are short sighted on these matters. But who knows…. hopefully he has good advisement 

6 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Not convinced about Bama’s being stronger than Auburn at this point.   That $3M number would include Bryce Young’s national NIL deals which is probably at least half of that $3M number considering the national non collective deals he has.  

I honestly think NIL blowing up like it has caught Bama a little off guard and they are behind in their NIL funding.  Thus the remarks from Saban about Fisher buying his entire team, etc.  

Also think it could have contributed to Bama recently scrapping some facility plans.  

Yup. Rumor is Bama believed that they could just ride the wave of reputation and success and neglected their NIL development efforts. 

7 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Absolutely! But having taught university students for a long time I’ve found most are short sighted on these matters. But who knows…. hopefully he has good advisement 

I saw a quote the other day from a college athlete in regards to how hard it was for him having to live off only $50k a year while in school and I thought WHAT….my parents gave me like $300 a month spending money when I was a student and these kids complaining about getting $50k a year 😂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, AEAugirl said:

I saw a quote the other day from a college athlete in regards to how hard it was for him having to live off only $50k a year while in school and I thought WHAT….my parents gave me like $300 a month spending money when I was a student and these kids complaining about getting $50k a year 😂

Wow!!! Unbelievable 

19 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

PSA:  Support Baumhowers and help them help us get OLmen.   

NO ONE's  NIL can compete with this... 

https://www.si.com/college/auburn/football/alabama-chain-favorite-baumhowers-to-provide-nil-deal-for-the-auburn-offensive-line

"In a press release from On To Victory, the main NIL collective for Auburn Tigers student-athletes, it was stated that Auburn offensive linemen that are contracted with this NIL deal will have the opportunity to receive free meals with their families have the opportunity to join them on select  occasions...."

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

https://www.si.com/college/auburn/football/alabama-chain-favorite-baumhowers-to-provide-nil-deal-for-the-auburn-offensive-line

"In a press release from On To Victory, the main NIL collective for Auburn Tigers student-athletes, it was stated that Auburn offensive linemen that are contracted with this NIL deal will have the opportunity to receive free meals with their families have the opportunity to join them on select  occasions...."

God Bless all the little chickens who will sacrifice their lives for Auburn’s football success 🙏

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

I know it was literally ions ago (1966-1970) when I attended Auburn; however, I usually had no more than $10-15 per week above tuition, room and board. I was genuinely glad to have that-meager as it seemed at the time. 
I guess it’s what you get accustomed to that makes the $50k seem like a huge number.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

This, I am excited about. Praying that we see some recruiting results from this right away. Like immediately couldn’t be fast enough!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Just wow 😮

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

They’re so oppressed and exploited!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

I’m not sure how stacked we are compared to UGA….some of the numbers I have seen thrown around are 🤯.  Apparently gave a 5* a $1.8M signing bonus and $800k a season and Ohio State couldn’t match???  That’s insane.  

I mean I guess we could be, just not sure aside from possibly the 5*s from Carver that Auburn would even be talking those kind of numbers with anyone but then again I’m not running the collectives and don’t know what the money flow looks like. 

The original design of NIL was never meant to be like this. I don’t if it could be reversed at this point. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, around4ever said:

The original design of NIL was never meant to be like this. I don’t if it could be reversed at this point. 

Nope but once you open Pandora’s Box and say that universities cannot stop players getting paid for their name, image and likeness its the Wild West. 

They can’t make governing rules anymore because the SCOTUS has already said it can’t be controlled by schools. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, woodford said:

Yep. How long before pre-NIL players sue their old universities for reparations?

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, around4ever said:

I called it from the start. CFB is over. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, woodford said:

10 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Must be nice! I got $20/week to survive in the mid 00’s. Didn’t get $50k/year until I started working as a fully-degreed engineer. 

6 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I know that RaRa is someone that uga truly wants. It will be interesting. 

I hope they choke on dirt 😂🤣🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, alexava said:

I called it from the start. CFB is over. 

I thought rogue boosters would start steering money towards recruits. And get caught, getting programs shutdown. I mean players are not selling products for companies. Until we saw the video of Tank giving his teammates Beats headphones, I had no idea he represented the brand. No Milo’s commercials... they just straight up handing out checks to players AND RECRUITS.  Not hiding from anything not endorsing anything. 

8 hours ago, alexava said:

I thought rogue boosters would start steering money towards recruits. And get caught, getting programs shutdown. I mean players are not selling products for companies. Until we saw the video of Tank giving his teammates Beats headphones, I had no idea he represented the brand. No Milo’s commercials... they just straight up handing out checks to players AND RECRUITS.  Not hiding from anything not endorsing anything. 

The NFL continues to be the winner of the whole CFB business model. Their future players go to colleges for 3-4 years, get great coaching, state of the art nutrition and physical training, and thousands of hours of practice, and it doesn’t cost the NFL a single dime. The ultimate free minor league system. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

The NFL continues to be the winner of the whole CFB business model. Their future players go to colleges for 3-4 years, get great coaching, state of the art nutrition and physical training, and thousands of hours of practice, and it doesn’t cost the NFL a single dime. The ultimate free minor league system. 

That is very true. I keep stating that all of this will not level out until the 4-5 star players go from HS to a feeder league but as you stated, they already have one (I think these places have things called....classes.....not sure what that's all about).

Changing the portal rules would help somewhat curb this as it would stop and make players think before just entering the portal for a bigger payday and that IS something the NCAA can do.  Will they?  We will see what direction this new president takes it.  

The portal acting as free agency + NIL has made a complete mess of college football and honestly I don’t think there is a valid reason that players should just be able to hop from school to school like they are doing now.  If they had to go back to sitting out a year it would make them pause a bit before just jumping in looking for a better deal. 

• Like 4

Changing the portal rules would help somewhat curb this as it would stop and make players think before just entering the portal for a bigger payday and that IS something the NCAA can do.  Will they?  We will see what direction this new president takes it.  

The portal acting as free agency + NIL has made a complete mess of college football and honestly I don’t think there is a valid reason that players should just be able to hop from school to school like they are doing now.  If they had to go back to sitting out a year it would make them pause a bit before just jumping in looking for a better deal. 

That is what I think will ultimately be the solution to address the the current NIL + transfer portal issue. 

Edited by CT Tiger

I don’t think there is a valid reason that players should just be able to hop from school to school like they are doing now.

What reason is there that kids should be forced into a school for multiple years?

14 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

What reason is there that kids should be forced into a school for multiple years?

One reason is that their bodies need to mature. Unlike the NBA, you don't want these young men, fresh out of high school, playing against full matured men. You are putting them severely at risk. Everybody wants to be fast to see the cash, reach the NFL and get more than a heat rash. 

• Like 1