Rodarius (Rara) Thomas Commited to UGA

TigerHorn

Tweeted late yesterday that he was offered. EDIT - I see now he's a MSU WR who's in the portal. 

Edited by TigerHorn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TigerHorn said:

Tweeted late yesterday that he was offered. EDIT - I see now he's a MSU WR who's in the portal. 

apparently visiting AU, uga, tenn...i think

• Like 1

He is hands down the best WR that MSU had on the roster.  I have been told he really wanted to come to Auburn in high school.  But I believe he was not offered by AU.  He is from Eufaula. Hopefullly AU is still his dream school and we can pick up this very productive WR.

• Like 5

He is visiting Auburn this weekend but also UT and UGA is hot after him….as is pretty much every school.  Most think he will stay in the SEC.  

Lane Kiffin was tweeting stuff at him BEFORE he even announced he was going into the portal….got to be some kind of rule against actively and publicly recruiting kids at other schools like that.  

Edited by AEAugirl

18 minutes ago, alexava said:

Is Will Rodgers done?

I’m pretty sure he has another year if he wants to take it. 

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I’m pretty sure he has another year if he wants to take it. 

I would not leave that offense with that QB to come here. But what do I know…

He knows Auburn is the better program and with the right pieces could make some noise next year. Probably thought man we just barely beat Auburn in a down year lol

21 hours ago, AUFAN1972 said:

He is hands down the best WR that MSU had on the roster.  I have been told he really wanted to come to Auburn in high school.  But I believe he was not offered by AU.  He is from Eufaula. Hopefullly AU is still his dream school and we can pick up this very productive WR.

Eufaula is my hometown. Really hoping he comes to AU; keep hearing UGA though. Hoping the good guys win!

• Like 1

• WarTiger changed the title to Rodarius (Rara) Thomas

RAH! RAH! This would surely be a good get for our Tigers. Now if CHF can just find the right QB to sling it to him -- and an OL to at least delay defenses from crushing the QB long enough for him to break.

Edited by AURex
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Noooooooooooo!!!!! Not the 'cruitin' finger againnnnnnnnnnn

😉

7 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

😉

Rara is pointing back.   So that’s a good sign!   If our coach is the only one pointing, that’s a bad sign.  🤣

12 hours ago, Shadow Tiger said:

I got a good feeling Freeze can get this deal iced over with Thomas 😎

All going to depend on how Rara  feels about the QB/OL position going forward.  Its the weak point with Auburn, and that is the reality.  Freeze has to sell him on the fact he CAN and WILL fix it, and fast.

He’s not leaving one of the most pass happy O’s in the SEC to fade into obscurity like most of our poor WR did last year due to the completely inept offense Auburn ran. 

Probably good to have both Leary and Rara on campus together this weekend along with some of those big OL transfers and commits. I am glad Freeze brought him in after his other OVs.  Seems OM was the early fav but the Portal King seems to be fading quick here. 

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

All going to depend on how Rara  feels about the QB/OL position going forward.  Its the weak point with Auburn, and that is the reality.  Freeze has to sell him on the fact he CAN and WILL fix it, and fast.

He’s not leaving one of the most pass happy O’s in the SEC to fade into obscurity like most of our poor WR did last year due to the completely inept offense Auburn ran. 

Probably good to have both Leary and Rara on campus together this weekend along with some of those big OL transfers and commits. I am glad Freeze brought him in after his other OVs.  Seems OM was the early fav but the Portal King seems to be fading quick here. 

Have you considered it might all depend on NIL money for these commitments? Worries of the Oline very well could be ranked much lower. There is a big assumption being made here as to what is most important to these players. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Have you considered it might all depend on NIL money for these commitments? Worries of the Oline very well could be ranked much lower. There is a big assumption being made here as to what is most important to these players. 

Great point on NIL. We’ve heard a ton about how stocked and organized our NIL is vs the rest of the SEC. We’re about to find out how meaningful that is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

😉

Good news: the finger is now attached to a HC who actually leaves the office to recruit

17 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Oh sure, NIL is a big part but NIL won’t matter if Auburn’s line play doesn’t get fixed.  These players are getting NIL deals at every school they visit.  

You think UGA, OM, etc isn’t offering him NIL deals too?  I do think AU is in a good shape with him, I have seen people say he wanted to come to Auburn originally but Auburn/Malzahn didn’t prioritize him.  

10 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

I'm not Rara but if I was, I'd go where I'd have the best chance to  showcase my talent, even if my NIL was less. NIL money is short term life changing. NFL money can be generational life changing. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Great point on NIL. We’ve heard a ton about how stocked and organized our NIL is vs the rest of the SEC. We’re about to find out how meaningful that is. 

I’m not sure how stacked we are compared to UGA….some of the numbers I have seen thrown around are 🤯.  Apparently gave a 5* a $1.8M signing bonus and $800k a season and Ohio State couldn’t match???  That’s insane.  

I mean I guess we could be, just not sure aside from possibly the 5*s from Carver that Auburn would even be talking those kind of numbers with anyone but then again I’m not running the collectives and don’t know what the money flow looks like.