So I'm Just trying to understand

AURex

Tell me why almost 50% of voters on Georgia consider Hershel the best choice for U.S. Senator.

I'm not looking for libs to go ballistic here.

I'm looking for conservatives, Republicans, to give me some sense of their vote choice for Walker. Why did almost 50% of Georgians vote for him?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, AURex said:

Tell me why almost 50% of voters on Georgia consider Hershel the best choice for U.S. Senator.

I'm not looking for libs to go ballistic here.

I'm looking for conservatives, Republicans, to give me some sense of their vote choice for Walker. Why did almost 50% of Georgians vote for him?

He’s not Warnock.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

He’s not Warnock handpicked by the guy wanting to burn the U.S. Constitution over too many Black votes from Atlanta in 2020.

Fixed for you

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Simple really.  The worst Republican is always better than the best Democrat.

Why would you vote for "transing" our children and, communism?

We need more tax breaks for the wealthy so that we can release all of our economic potential.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Dislike 1

14 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

We need more tax breaks for the wealthy so that we can release all of our economic potential.

As sad as all that is, THIS is what almost all my friends in business and some even in church think and say. They have been so brainwashed by RusHannity over the years it is all they know/think. American Business is holy canon and making filthy stinking rich people even more rich is the only goal. 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

D01284C3-F309-4A91-B480-7A0FE68C4C62.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, PUB78 said:

D01284C3-F309-4A91-B480-7A0FE68C4C62.jpeg

great r/boomerhumor here.

• Haha 2

Understanding the cult mentality is very difficult.  Some people will believe anything.

Most of these people truly believe they are christian patriots.  Useful idiots are never self aware.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/7/2022 at 3:14 PM, icanthearyou said:

Ever consider running for office in a southern state as a Republican?

You've got promise. ;)

33 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You've got promise. ;)

Why would you say something so hurtful???  Never mind,,, we're even now. :lol:

• Haha 2

They don't vote for the person.  They are conditioned to vote for whoever wears their team R on the chest.  That is all that matters.  I cannot count the number of no name unqualified individuals that have run for county elected offices that have been voted in simply due to that R next to their name and nothing else.

Edited by AU9377

18 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

They don't vote for the person.  They are conditioned to vote for whoever wears their team R and the chest.  That is all that matters.  I cannot count the number of no name unqualified individuals that have run for county elected offices that have been voted in simply due to that R next to their name and nothing else.

You're killing me little buddy. :laugh: 

8 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Not all, approx 200,000 voted for Kemp and not Hershel in the general election.

Missed The Point GIFs | Tenor

It's the same phenomenon that happened when Fetterman was elected. Folks on each side hate each other so much now, they vote straight party lines no matter what. It's what we've become. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would suggest that the votes for Fetterman had little to do with "party lines" (which tend Republican there) and a lot to do with the policy issues of his opponent's party's positions on issues of real importance to voters. The importance of those issues overcame questions regarding his health.

I would suggest the same for Hershel Walker, who was obviously a "tool" of the Republican party -- a Black poster boy, an inarticulate, incoherent half wit, dumb as a rock, manipulated, used by the Republican machine. Sad for him, and sad for all of us as citizens.

Personally, I really feel sorry for him as a person, while really happy he did not win the election.

Edited by AURex

On 12/9/2022 at 11:00 AM, johnnyAU said:

It's the same phenomenon that happened when Fetterman was elected. Folks on each side hate each other so much now, they vote straight party lines no matter what. It's what we've become. 

100% truth

On 12/8/2022 at 7:40 PM, homersapien said:

You've got promise. ;)

Homer, you have become waaaay too partisan over the past few years. Just cause red berries are poison doesn't mean every other berry is good for ya ;)

1 hour ago, AURex said:

I would suggest that the votes for Fetterman had little to do with "party lines" (which tend Republican there) and a lot to do with the policy issues of his opponent's party's positions on issues of real importance to voters. The importance of those issues overcame questions regarding his health.

I would suggest the same for Hershel Walker, who was obviously a "tool" of the Republican party -- a Black poster boy, an inarticulate, incoherent half wit, dumb as a rock, manipulated, used by the Republican machine. Sad for him, and sad for all of us as citizens.

Personally, I really feel sorry for him as a person, while really happy he did not win the election.

I too feel sorry for HW, dude came clean years ago about being mentally unstable. Now people have used a mentally unwell person to push their agenda.

I know everyone wants to lay the blame right at his feet, but think if he wasn't H. Walker, if someone you knew who was mentally unstable was pushed and told they *should* hold a high ranking political position. You can't expect the mentally unwell person to know better.