Why we Like Freeze

AU-24

On 12/9/2022 at 12:14 PM, Elephant Tipper said:

No, I don't hate the man, I just don't like hiring a questionable coach and if you don't realize that he's questionable in every sense of the word then you have poor judgment.  I talk to lots of AU fans and almost every one of them has grave misgivings about the hiring of HF.  

That is interesting because every Auburn fan I talk to absolutely loves the guy and loves the hire!

• Like 7
  • Dislike 1

On 12/9/2022 at 12:50 PM, AU Is Gold said:

I'm just excited watching someone bust his ass to get Auburn back to the standard we expect. I don't know who this Elephant Tipper poster has in their circles, but everyone I have spoken to supports Freeze to the fullest and is excited in the direction the program is headed. 

Same here!

• Like 1

Here's some old men still negatively speaking on a guy they don't know, care to know, or relate to. Just constantly speaking hating just because. Lol

As if the coach they are hyping has any room to talk about character. 

Edited by cole256
  • Like 7

On 12/30/2022 at 1:40 PM, aubie17 said:

Everytime I think about it I am grateful we did not end up with Kiffen. I believe Freeze and the squads he fields at Auburn will excel. 

I read an article 2 days ago about how Ole Miss just made Lane Kiffin a top 10 paid coach in the nation. The article asked "Can you name any other top 10 paid coaches in college football that flirt with taking other jobs every single year and sometimes talking to multiple schools every year?" 

That's true and shows what Kiffin is really about. He is his own worst enemy. He NEVER fully squashes the rumors about leaving. It is drama every year when he coaches your team. 

He really pissed off the Ole Miss fanbase when their 5 star QB recruit, Marcel Reed, flipped to Texas A&M 2 weeks ago. Reed's father said the ONLY reason his son took a visit to Texas A&M was because Lane Kiffin wouldn't squash the Auburn rumors completely. He kept the door open and had fans and recruits worried he would bolt to Auburn. So Marcel Reed took a visit and flipped to Jimbo. Lane Kiffin then comes out and complains that kids are only chasing NIL money and don't care about the school they commit to. But that's EXACTLY what Kiffin does every year. He is the biggest hypocrite to talk about someone not being loyal. 

I'm so glad we didn't hire him. Cohen did a good job moving on from Lane.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Lane Kiffin then comes out and complains that kids are only chasing NIL money and don't care about the school they commit to. But that's EXACTLY what Kiffin does every year. He is the biggest hypocrite to talk about someone not being loyal. 

He’s also a huge critic of flopping, while his team likely leads the nation in it. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Kiffen was one of my top guys and I hated the optics at the time of "losing" him at the 11th hour.  But more and more it looks like we probably dodged a bullet.

When we were talking to him and he just strung it along in the media, it had the Ole Miss fans ready to cut ties. They said every year is drama. Just think about the contract he was slow to sign to stay at Ole Miss; Lane said it was his 4th contract at Ole Miss. He has only coached their 3 seasons and has had 4 contracts. It's because he is always flirting to leave for other schools and OM gives him a new extension. 

This year it was Auburn he was talking to. Last year it was LSU, Florida and the Miami Dolphins. Same story, the media kept asking if he was taking one of those jobs and he never gave a definitive answer. He just dances around the question.

It's got to be 1 of 2 things: he really wants to go to other programs (how he left Tennessee for USC) so he doesn't 100% shut the rumors down. Or 2, he is a narcissist that loves his name in the media anytime he can get it. I think #2 is definitely correct and some of #1.

• Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

He’s also a huge critic of flopping, while his team likely leads the nation in it. 

Don't get me started on that, LOL. That's the main reason Tennessee fans threw crap at him and his team last year was because he had them flopping 5 or 6 times that game due to Josh Heupel running at warp speed. That late drive where Tennessee had the ball, Kiffin had players flop on 3 different plays in that drive alone. 

Teams used to do that 10 years ago when these fast paced offenses got popular. The NCAA made a rule against it and it is very rarely done anymore because its seen as so bush league. Like you said, Lane still uses it at times. Andre Ware called him out on it against Texas Tech last week. Tech goes FAST and were in the redzone. The Ole Miss D-Lineman, Harris, looked over to Kiffin and then dropped like a sack of potatoes. That's when Ware called it out from the booth. It's BS. 

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Kiffen was one of my top guys and I hated the optics at the time of "losing" him at the 11th hour.  But more and more it looks like we probably dodged a bullet.

He wasn’t my favorite but I too was initially intrigued by Lane. Even though the “will he stay” drama every year would have completely exhausted us.   In reality he may have peaked as a college hc and his skill set and personality type feels more like an nfl oc fit. 

Freeze seems like he truly loves football and finds joy in it. Lane suffers from Urban Meyer syndrome. He’s always going to be a restless spirit and rarely looks like he’s in love with the game. Just enjoys the attention and the show aspect of it. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

We def have reasons for hope but I'm still a bit uneasy. Need to see how we close this class.

Edited by AUwent

On 12/8/2022 at 8:57 PM, Elephant Tipper said:

HF's win/loss record at UM, 2012-2016 was 39-25, before 29 of the 39 wins were expunged, making his true win/loss 10-25.

His win/loss record is not the type you want in a candidate that is going to build a successful program.  This doesn't even take into account the moral issues that helped end his job at UM.

The idea is to vastly improve on what we previously had, but we're going in circles and instead choosing mediocre coaches that take us to the same result.  We should have had coaches with a stellar record in our crosshair, but we haven't, instead  AU has settled for a lower quality hc.  Why is this ?  The issue can't be over $$$ because we've spent almost $35-40 million to make coaches go away.  And this excludes the money we paid for actually coaching.  What coaches couldn't AU have had with that kind of money ?

Instead of me continuing to show you that HF has been a mediocre coach and a poor fit for AU, which I have demonstrated, why don't you explain why he has been a good coach and a good fit for AU.  I'm willing to listen.

This is what cracks me up about people like you. You stick to the (true) narrative that his wins were vacated, but you act like those wins magically never happened and thus can't be looked at when judging his coaching ability. There is no such thing as a "true win/loss record". That is a made up statistic to make losers feel better about their argument that doesn't even have a basis in reality. And it's blatant intellectual dishonesty. The fact of the matter is, no matter how badly you wish you could prove Hugh Freeze is somehow a bad or mediocre coach, those wins still happened. And honest people that aren't lying to themselves use those games to come to a conclusion about how good of a coach he is and might be. It's fine if you hate Freeze for his past. Just be honest about it and say that instead of not only saying but bending over backwards through outright deception to "prove" that he's a mediocre coach

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

Why do we like Freeze?  Because he gives us hope!  Even through my orange and blue colored glasses I had no hope that Harsin was ever going to turn it around.  Things were just going further and further in the ditch as he surrounded himself with his boys from Boise.  It was like a veil was lifted when the change was made.  Caddy came on and it was like Auburn was Auburn again.  The players left it all on the field even in the losses.  The fans celebrated the victories like we were winning a championship.  Now we bring in a real winner and he has surrounded himself with a coaching staff of winners, including some of our own.  In a few short weeks Auburn is recruiting again!  The team is moving into a brand new state of the art facility!  Hope is alive!  Auburn is on the way back!  

• Like 2

On 12/30/2022 at 8:43 AM, meh130 said:

Could Dye have considered an Oklahoma, Nebraska, or Texas? Possibly.

But I think Dye knew Bama would enter a decline once Bear Bryant retired, and I think he felt Auburn was well positioned to take advantage of that. Recruiting was very regional back then.

Dye didn’t give one iota or thought about what was going In Tuscaloosa. Being concerned about Auburn only was his continual sermon. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cole256 said:

Here's some old men still negatively speaking on a guy they don't know, care to know, or relate to. Just constantly speaking hating just because. Lol

As if the coach they are hyping has any room to talk about character. 

The point you seem to be missing: you don’t want Freeze because of past character issues and Prime has a lot more past character issues. I for one, am hoping Coach Prime (with help from TJ Jakes Christian ministry) can change young men’s lives for the better, regardless of where he’s coaching. (No hats in the team room. No earrings in the team room. Take a bath before class. No open toe house-shoes in class. Sit in the front of the class to show your professors you’re ready to learn etc…)

With the constant arrests, financial irresponsibilities, late night drunken tirades, the abusing of female girl friends and spouses from numerous professional athletes, the above mentioned character traits Sanders is trying to instill are all things the majority of sports fans are 100% in favor of!

At the same time, after his opening presser comments and another loss in the championship game where coaching was the blame, it is obvious to just about everyone, Prime is not ready to be head coach of a major SEC program, Hugh Freeze is, that is why he is the best fit! 

If Prime can turn Colorado into a winner in three years or so he will then be ready for a top SEC, ACC or Big Ten school. No head coach is coming out of Jackson State and going to a major college football program because chances are, they are just not ready. Take that one step further with Auburn’s football program… after Allen Greene’s ridiculous hire of Brian Harsin, AU especially, is not going to take a chance on a Jackson State head coach.

• Like 5
  • Dislike 1

10 hours ago, AU-24 said:

The point you seem to be missing: you don’t want Freeze because of past character issues and Prime has a lot more past character issues. I for one, am hoping Coach Prime (with help from TJ Jakes Christian ministry) can change young men’s lives for the better, regardless of where he’s coaching. (No hats in the team room. No earrings in the team room. Take a bath before class. No open toe house-shoes in class. Sit in the front of the class to show your professors you’re ready to learn etc…)

With the constant arrests, financial irresponsibilities, late night drunken tirades, the abusing of female girl friends and spouses from numerous professional athletes, the above mentioned character traits Sanders is trying to instill are all things the majority of sports fans are 100% in favor of!

At the same time, after his opening presser comments and another loss in the championship game where coaching was the blame, it is obvious to just about everyone, Prime is not ready to be head coach of a major SEC program, Hugh Freeze is, that is why he is the best fit! 

If Prime can turn Colorado into a winner in three years or so he will then be ready for a top SEC, ACC or Big Ten school. No head coach is coming out of Jackson State and going to a major college football program because chances are, they are just not ready. Take that one step further with Auburn’s football program… after Allen Greene’s ridiculous hire of Brian Harsin, AU especially, is not going to take a chance on a Jackson State head coach.

I've never said I didn't want freeze. Anybody that like your lie of a post is an idiot to read something you say such as you said etc, and actually believe it. You never post what is actually said. And you read articles and not understand what they are saying and paraphrase those incorrectly as well. 

What you described as far as the arrests and all that actually sound more of a problem in any frat house at any college. 

Don't pretend a loss has anything to do with your constant on and on talk of Sanders. And a loss when the team knows their coach is leaving is no big deal.

They didn't lose because of any coaching errors, they loss because a guy dropped a ball, and it's life. It happens. And the guy who dropped it was white and Sanders consoled the guy and protected the guy in the media. 

But even in all of that if you want him to prove more that's fine for your individual opinion, it's just funny to care about this man so much that you can't stand for other people to like him, you have to find articles, make up stuff, misquote the articles, go all out just because another person says this guy could do it.

But why expect anything different right?

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1

On 1/2/2023 at 9:49 AM, TitanTiger said:

I never wanted Kiffin. Figured he'd bring nothing but mediocrity (or maybe slightly better than mediocre).

I kinda liked Deion, but after seeing him at Colorado, I'm glad he's there and not at Auburn.

I'm glad we ended up with Freeze. 

Edited by yngwie1995
  • Like 2