2024 4* Center Peyton Marshall Decommits From AU (4/14/23)

Maverick.AU

Thought this was an o-lineman for football at first, but glad to see B-ball still going hard in the paint!

• Like 2

He is the kind of big man when he sets a pick, the defender backs off or runs into a wall.  There is no pushing him around like some of the players did to Kessler. Kessler by the way had his first start the other day and looked good.

• Like 3

AUsome pick up!!!   Kid is HUGE!!!!   I wonder if a kid that size can run the floor like we like to do?   That seems to be asking a lot for a 7’ 300lb+ kid.  🤷‍♂️

9 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

He is the kind of big man when he sets a pick, the defender backs off or runs into a wall.  There is no pushing him around like some of the players did to Kessler. Kessler by the way had his first start the other day and looked good.

Unless you are TyTy Washington lol.  He just keeps coming for those picks

• Haha 1

Hopefully he is the first domino to fall in 2024 class.  With Pearl and Flanigan recruiting I understand we are looking good for Bidunga  who plays 4 or 5, Bray who plays 3 or 4 and Shaw who is a 2.  All have visited and seemed to like Auburn. That would be our best class ever. Add Aiden Holloway our stud 2023 PG coming in next year and you have a great starting 5. I have my fingers crossed that we are able to pull this together.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Hopefully he is the first domino to fall in 2024 class.  With Pearl and Flanigan recruiting I understand we are looking good for Bidunga  who plays 4 or 5, Bray who plays 3 or 4 and Shaw who is a 2.  All have visited and seemed to like Auburn. That would be our best class ever. Add Aiden Holloway our stud 2023 PG coming in next year and you have a great starting 5. I have my fingers crossed that we are able to pull this together.

Yeah he seems to be connected to a few stud 2024 guys himself 

Love this pick up.  But at that weight, I hope he can make it through college ball without developing structural problems.

I think he needs to drop about 15 lbs and bulk up...... in other words lose about 15 lbs body fat.  He would then be similar in size to Shaq at LSU.  Shaq was 7'1 295 lbs.  Marshall is 7'0 310 lbs.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2022 at 2:03 PM, Sani-Freeze said:

Literally the biggest recruit of the Pearl era at AU. Maybe our largest player ever? 

Per Justin Ferguson, would be our heaviest player (at least since 1970) by about 30lbs.

I agree with others, the weight is a little scary with regard to potential injury, but plenty of time for him to work on that. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 12/13/2022 at 3:06 PM, Dunndone414 said:

Per Justin Ferguson, would be our heaviest player (at least since 1970) by about 30lbs.

I agree with others, the weight is a little scary with regard to potential injury, but plenty of time for him to work on that. 

I think it depends on how he carries the weight as well.  Everyone isn't proportioned alike and that sometimes impacts an individual's ideal playing weight.  I do think it makes sense that people usually move better by shedding a few pounds.

• augolf1716 unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Auburn commit Peyton Marshall wins 5A state title

8 hours ago

While the current Auburn Tigers had a tough Thursday night and fell out of the SEC Tournament with a 76-73 loss to Arkansas, a future Auburn Tiger was busy winning a championship.

Peyton Marshall, Auburn's 2024 center commit, and Kell (Ga.) took down Eagle's Landing Christian Academy 61-53 for the Georgia 5A state title.

Marshall had dominated most of the regular season and postseason run as Kell finished the year 28-2, but Thursday was a little tougher sledding. Marshall found himself in early foul trouble and only played four minutes in the first half. Marshall opened up the second half with a pair of dunks, but again got into foul trouble and had to check out with four fouls. With under four minutes to play, though, Marshall returned and scored five-straight to put Kell up 55-51 with just over two minutes remaining and that was it. He finished the game with nine points and four rebounds.

Listed at 6-foot-11, 310 pounds, Marshall's size has been nearly impossible for other high school teams to contain. It's size that Auburn will welcome in a couple of years, as the junior still has a chance to repeat next year as a senior.

The Peach State native is one of three Auburn commitments in the Class of 2024, which currently ranks as the No. 3 overall class in the country. Marshall has been Auburn's longest commit, pledging to the Tigers back on Dec. 9, 2022.

5COMMENTS

"The reason I chose Auburn was simple because it felt like the place to be and it felt like I have the best opportunity for me to take my game to the next level and reaching my fullest potential. That's simply why I could see myself there and also the college-feel. It felt like home. The people were nice and welcoming."

Also in Auburn's class are 5-star Composite point guard Tahaad Pettiford and 4-star combo guard Labaron Philon. Marshall is the No. 49 player, No. 6 center and No. 4 player from the state of Georgia for the 2024 class.

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Got a sinking feeling its Oquendo 

Opposite ... wonder if this is the big change.  Sucks. Wanted this guy

4 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Opposite ... wonder if this is the big change.  Sucks. Wanted this guy

This is NOT a very fun weekend so far.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1