4* CB Colton Hood Commits to Auburn!

AEAugirl

• AEAugirl changed the title to 4* CB Colton Hood

Didn't know he was the offspring of Roderick Hood.  That dude was great.  

• Zeek changed the title to 4* CB Colton Hood Commits to Auburn!
  • Zeek pinned this topic

Auburn flips legacy CB Colton Hood from Michigan State

24 minutes ago

Colton Hood is following in his family's footsteps. 

Formerly committed to Michigan State, the 3-star cornerback from Georgia has flipped his commitment from the Spartans to the Tigers and is the second commitment of the Hugh Freeze era at Auburn. The news comes after Hood took his second official visit to the Plains.

"I wanted to go to Auburn since I was a little kid since my pops went there and played football," Hood said. "My uncle played football there, my cousin actually played with Coach Etheridge there.

Hood's uncle is Roderick hood, who played eight years in the NFL after a productive Auburn career. His dad is Bengie Hood, his brother is Ben Hood and his cousin is D'Antoine Hood. All of whom played at Auburn.

Now, it's Colton's turn.

"Auburn’s like a legacy school for me, my whole family's been there," Hood said. "So like it just kind of felt right."

Also a baseball player for Eagle's Landing Christian Academy (Ga.), Hood is the No. 601 player and No. 60 cornerback in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. 

Auburn and Zac Etheridge have now picked up Hood, 4-star safety Terrance Love and 3-star cornerback JC Hart in the secondary for this class. And it's far from over with 5-star Alabama commit Tony Mitchell, 4-star Ohio State cornerback commit Kayin Lee, 4-star UCF cornerback commit Braeden Marshalland 3-star cornerback Tyler Scott still on the table.

For Eagle's Landing Christian Academy, Hood did a little bit of everything as a senior. At his primary position as a cornerback, Hood had 40 tackles and three interceptions. But Hood is also played three positions on offense. At quarterback he completed 13 of his 24 pass attempts for 279 yards and two touchdowns. As a running back he carried the ball 27 times for 186 yards and two touchdowns. And finally, as a receiver, he caught 32 passes for 647 yards and 11 touchdowns.

18COMMENTS

Hood is also teammates with 4-star LSU offensive line commit DJ Chester, who is a huge Auburn target and someone that Freeze is working hard to flip. The goal is to get him back on campus for a second official visit before Signing Day.

And to keep the Hood legacy going, Brandon Hood is a 2024 running back that already holds offers from Kentucky, LSU, Penn State and several other Power Five programs.

• Thanks 1

Not surprised. I always expected him to end up with us even when we still had Harsin I expected. Good to see he’s finally with us. I love offensive minded DB’s, you see the ball your way, go and catch it

3 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Get that Chester visit locked in and he should be here

I like that picture you got there lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Didn't know he was the offspring of Roderick Hood.  That dude was great.  

And Roderick had a good career in the NFL. Him and Jr Rosegreen were lockdowns on the corners

Edited by AUnCullman
correction
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, AUnCullman said:

And his dad had a good career in the NFL. Him and Jr Rosegreen were lockdowns on the corners

Roderick is his uncle, not his dad

Auburn Wire says his dad and two brothers, in addition to uncle Rod Hood, all played at Auburn.   Colton is quoted as saying "my whole family went there.   It is my dream school."   SO, WTH, WAS, CBH, DOING??????

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Auburn Wire says his dad and two brothers, in addition to uncle Rod Hood, all played at Auburn.   Colton is quoted as saying "my whole family went there.   It is my dream school."   SO, WTH, WAS, CBH, DOING??????

Collecting a paycheck. Glad to see a coach who’s working for a paycheck. WDE

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

!!!!!