2023 Recruiting Hot-Board

Zeek

Just now, 1716AU said:

Looks like this could be a FUN December!

We legitimately could have almost half the roster be players new to Auburn. It’s wild.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Just now, Zeek said:

Quarterback (Need 2)

3* Keyone Jenkins - Auburn Commit

4* Marcel Reed - Ole Miss Commit

3* Hank Brown - recruited by Freeze at Liberty

Grayson McCall - Coastal Carolina Transfer

Devin Leary - NCST Transfer

Running Back (Need 2)

4* Jeremiah Cobb - Auburn Commit

3* Jamarion Wilcox - Kentucky leads

Dillon Johnson - Mississippi State Transfer

Wide Receiver (Need 3-4)

3* Daquayvious Sorey - Auburn Commit

4* Dont’e Thornton - Oregon Transfer 

3* Eric Singleton Jr. - WKU Commit

Rara Thomas - Texas A&M transfer 

Kaden Prather - West Virginia Transfer 

Tight End (Need 1-2)

4* Jelani Thurman - UGA Commit

3* Ka’Morreun Pimpton - Vandy Commit

3* Jackson McGohan - Cincinnati Commit

Rivaldo Fairweather - FIU Transfer

Kyle Morlock - Shorter Transfer 

Offensive Tackle (Need 3-4)

3* Tyler Johnson - Auburn Commit

4* Bo Hughley - Georgia Commit

JuCo Isaiah Jatta - South Carolina Commit

JuCo Izavion Miller - Ole Miss Commit

JuCo Keyshawn Blackstock

Ajani Cornelius - Rhode Island Transfer 

Amari Knight - Alabama Transfer 

Inside Offensive Lineman (Need 3-4)

3* Clay Wedin - Auburn Commit

3* Brayden Joiner - Auburn Commit

3* Connor Lew - Auburn Commit

4* DJ Chester

Jordan Brown - Charlotte Transfer 

Defensive Linemen (Need 2-3)

4* Darron Reed - Auburn Commit

5* James Smith - Alabama Leads

4* Tyree Weathersby - Tennessee Commit

JuCo Quientrail Travis

JuCo Will Whitson

Kyon Barrs - Arizona Transfer

Dion Wilson - Arizona Transfer

Edge (Need 3-4)

4* Wilky Denaud - Auburn Commit

3* Brenton Williams - Auburn Commit

4* Keldric Faulk - FSU Commit

5* Qua Russaw - Alabama lean

3* Ezra Odinjour

4* Rueben Bain - Miami lean

NR Chamberlin Campbell 

Trace Ford - Oklahoma State Transfer

Lloyd Summerrall III - Florida Transfer

Andre Carter - Western Michigan Transfer 

Elijah McAllister - Vanderbilt Transfer

Linebacker (Need 2-3)

3* Bryan Longwell - Auburn lean

4* Stanquan Clark - Louisville Commit

4* Lewis Carter - Oklahoma Commit 

Cornerback (Need 4-5)

3* Jacorious Hart - Auburn Commit

4* Colton Hood - Auburn Commit

3* Braeden Marshall - UCF Commit

3* Tyler Scott - Auburn lean

4* Kayin Lee - Ohio State Commit

JuCo Channing Canada

Safeties (Need 2-3)

4* Terrance Love - Auburn Commit

4* Tony Mitchell - Alabama Commit

3* CJ Johnson

4* Sylvester Smith - Tennessee Commit

Bold is who I think we will get...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

JuCo Isaiah Jatta - South Carolina Commit

Didn’t he decommit from SCar?

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Rara Thomas - Texas A&M transfer

Isn’t he from Ms. State?

• Like 2

Also, I see these links, but they go to an error page: https://www.si.com/college/auburn/football/juco-offensive-lineman-isaiah-jatta-commits-to-auburn-university
But this one works: https://www.yardbarker.com/college_football/articles/juco_offensive_lineman_isaiah_jatta_commits_to_auburn_university/s1_16992_38239584

“Auburn has gotten even more help on the Offensive Line. 

Isaiah Jatta, a three-star Junior College offensive tackle, who attends Snow College (similar to now-Auburn CB Keionte Scott) has committed to Hugh Freeze and the Auburn Tigers. 

Isaiah is the ninth overall JUCO recruit in the 2023 class and is the third highest-rated OT in the JUCO class. Jatta attends Snow College, who went 8-2 during the 2022 season but failed to make the NJCAA playoffs - the first time they had missed the playoffs since 2019. 

Jatta, who stands at 6'6 and weighs 310 pounds, has received multiple Division One offers and has received eight Power Five offers, including Auburn, South Carolina, Kansas, and Oklahoma State. 

South Carolina previously held Jatta's commitment, but he recently decommitted from the Gamecocks on December 13th. South Carolina held his commitment for almost six months as he verbally committed on June 24th of 2022. 

Isaiah joins three other offensive line prospects that are in the 2023 Auburn class: Clay Wedin of Tampa, Florida, Bradyn Joiner of Auburn, Alabama, and Tyler Johnson of Natchitoches, Louisiana, giving Auburn four incoming offensive linemen. The Tigers are projected to be low in numbers across the offensive front, with only single digit scholarship linemen and offensive guard Keiondre Jones currently in the transfer portal.”

A38B1207-0089-49E3-B01D-B00A184EED82.jpeg

Edited by AUINSY
  • Thanks 1

I think DJ Chester is LSU commit?

The on3 guys have been all over the FSU edge commit since last summer.  They’ve always though there was a chance.  I never bought it but maybe he’s coming around with the new staff.  FSU is putting together a decent class and transfers.  

I hope we sign Isaiah Jatta, but Sports Illustrated (not what it used to be) implied in his decommitment article today that he was looking at Colorado now that Sanders is there.

If we don't sign him, I am confident this staff will find someone equivalent in the portal.

3 minutes ago, TigerVII said:

I hope we sign Isaiah Jatta, but Sports Illustrated (not what it used to be) implied in his decommitment article today that he was looking at Colorado now that Sanders is there.

If we don't sign him, I am confident this staff will find someone equivalent in the portal.

247 seems to think Auburn is the school to beat for Jatta: https://247sports.com/Article/Auburn-Tigers-football-recruiting-now-trending-for-Isaiah-Jatta-200380943/

25 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I think DJ Chester is LSU commit?

The on3 guys have been all over the FSU edge commit since last summer.  They’ve always though there was a chance.  I never bought it but maybe he’s coming around with the new staff.  FSU is putting together a decent class and transfers.  

Supposedly Faulk (FSU Edge) is deciding if he is going to OV Auburn this weekend or UOV FSU.  Obviously, his decision will tell what direction he’s leaning.  Auburn is HARD pushing from what I have read.  Saw some tweets yesterday from the FSU beat writers about his status and while I can’t see their VIP updates, the comments people were making sounded like Auburn is making some real noise with him.  

I sure do wish we could make some headway with the two 5* defenders from Montgomery Smith and Russaw.  If Freeze wants to bring Auburn back he’s going to have to beat Saban for some difference makers sooner or later. Might as well be sooner.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

I sure do wish we could make some headway with the two 5* defenders from Montgomery Smith and Russaw.  If Freeze wants to bring Auburn back he’s going to have to beat Saban for some difference makers sooner or later. Might as well be sooner.

Agree. Give the man time. 3 weeks it a little tough to pull 5 stars. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

We legitimately could have almost half the roster be players new to Auburn. It’s wild.

Lincoln Riley at USC and Brian Kelly at LSU made it work this year and both got to their conference championship game. 

I agree with you, definitely wild times indeed. Just like Kentucky, Kansas, UNC, Duke, etc. are pretty much "one and done" programs in basketball, now college football has become very similar. Some schools are flipping alot of their roster each year now. What's also wild is the staff is recruiting kids from 10th grade until they commit as a senior. Then after year 1 in college, the staff has to re recruit alot of these kids already on their team. Like Kiffin said, if a kid stays for 4 years on your team but he flirts with the transfer portal each year then you're recruiting this kid for 6 or 7 years in a row counting when they're in high school. 

I think the NCAA will eventually put up some guardrails with this transfer portal. It's the wild west as it stands currently.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Zeek said:

Yes, follow the successful model of LSU/USC.  They'll be active in the portal again this year, but both are killing it w/ HS kids too.

Unless we can get elite kids out of HS, there is no reason taking a kid that will transfer in 2-3 or just be a dead spot for that time.

Couple kids on our commit list that probably could go

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Lincoln Riley at USC and Brian Kelly at LSU made it work this year and both got to their conference championship game. 

Ironically they both lost those championship games to teams that have little portal presence in their rosters. It will be interesting to see the impact of all this in a few years. 

@Zeekhave you heard anything about the Tulsa OL transfer Dillon Wade?  This kid just entered the portal yesterday and is blowing up…..he now has offers from USCw, OU, OSU, etc

Would hope Montgomery would give us an upper hand in his recruitment?  

https://247sports.com/player/dillon-wade-46082888/

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 1

Isaiah Jetta is OVing to CO this weekend, Prime had also offered him at JSU. 

That could be concerning since CO is in the area he’s from so he could want to stay closer to home.  

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Ironically they both lost those championship games to teams that have little portal presence in their rosters. It will be interesting to see the impact of all this in a few years. 

I read this as year 1 coaches made their respective Conf Championship games & won their divisions.

Sign me up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

Isaiah Jetta is OVing to CO this weekend, Prime had also offered him at JSU. 

That could be concerning since CO is in the area he’s from so he could want to stay closer to home.  

The good news potentially for us, is that the wind chill in Boulder this weekend will be around 10°. 😅

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, weagl1 said:

Theyve been trending Bama the whole time, what hurts Auburn is there were so many other top level D Linemen in this state and the old staff whiffed on every one of them. If Freeze can flip Faulk that will be a big win.

• Like 3