2023 Recruiting Hot-Board

Zeek

23 minutes ago, SouthGATiger said:

Sanders career stats

67 tds -40  int

Screenshot_20221231_094325_Chrome.jpg

Those stats are less than eye-popping. If we are going to dump a bunch of cash on some QB I'd hope for better than this.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SouthGATiger said:

Sanders career stats

67 tds -40  int

Screenshot_20221231_094325_Chrome.jpg

Hmmmm, declining performance and a lotta picks….    Not saying it wouldn’t be an upgrade but not stellar 

1 hour ago, 1auburn1 said:

Hmmmm, declining performance and a lotta picks….    Not saying it wouldn’t be an upgrade but not stellar 

He was hurt almost this whole year and hurt his performance, per Okie/B12 Fans.  

63% isn't amazing or anything, but he's a dynamic runner and much better than anything we have.  It's not going to get us to ATL or into the CFP....but if it's something that gets us to 8-9 wins, maybe another with a bowl victory, it'll help recruiting and showing the program is in the right direction.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Gotta get people on campus. Doubt there will be and commitments without it.

Are we in the dead period? When does it end?

Edited by AUwent

51 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Ok, so found that 1/12 is when it ends.

That is correct for high school seniors. For prospective transfers (portal) January 4-8 is a Quiet Period meaning transfer prospects can visit a school but the coaches can only talk to then while they’re on campus during that time. So portal prospects can visit AU Jan 4-8 if they intend to enroll in the spring. 

Edited by Gowebb11

2 hours ago, AUGoo said:

If coming, they better decide quickly.

Classes start the 11th

I did not even think about that. 11 days. Yikes. We need a qb. 

6 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I was thinking the last date was class change date. Maybe not. Just serms like I remember that in the past.

8 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

That is correct for high school seniors. For prospective transfers (portal) January 4-8 is a Quiet Period meaning transfer prospects can visit a school but the coaches can only talk to then while they’re on campus during that time. So portal prospects can visit AU Jan 4-8 if they intend to enroll in the spring. 

5 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Why I'm feeling a little restless about how quiet it is right now. We cannot fizzle out in the closing stretch like we did last year! Now, we currently have a coach that sees value in recruiting, so that helps, but I'm not taking anything for granted.

Edited by AUwent

14 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

I was thinking the last date was class change date. Maybe not. Just serms like I remember that in the past.

It has been drop/add day. Is that an antiquated term? Anyway, in the past that day has been the cutoff.

• Like 1

The coaching staff still not satisfied, they’re still offering OT’s. They also offered Stanford’s transfer tackle too

Edited by Sizzle

34 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

The coaching staff still not satisfied, they’re still offering OT’s. They also offered Stanford’s transfer tackle too

I'm at a loss as to why we keep offering OL

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'm at a loss as to why we keep offering OL

Let me get you hooked up with Mikey and you two can get up to speed on what has been going on with the the OL. Anything for a friend.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Ausburn2 said:

Let me get you hooked up with Mikey and you two can get up to speed on what has been going on with the the OL. Anything for a friend.

nmplol-emiru.gif 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ausburn2 said:

No need. His man Harsin failed to maintain the O-Line. Two years of neglect will do that.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Actually, he maintained exactly what your failed coach left behind. 

Quick question... if two years of neglect is so damaging, what do you think 5 years of neglect would do?

Funny that you act like Gus being fired for failing is better than Harsin's failure. Both coaches failed to address the OL, Gus for 5 and Harsin for 2. Yet, you defend the one that put us in the hole we're in and criticize the one that couldn't fix it.  That's pathetic but not a surprise.

Fact is, you and similarly minded people never once supported the CBH hire and continuously spewed your disgust every chance you got starting the day of his announcement. It was interesting to see your loyalty switch from support for Auburn to that of  defending a fired mediocre coach. Auburn was worse off because Harsin failed, just like we were worse off because Gus failed.

For me, I rather support a coach fully. Giving them the resources and time necessary to prove themselves. If they fail, so be it.  Remove them and try and do better.  That's what we did in 1998, 2008, 2012, 2020, and 2022. In fact, you used to chastise people for not "supporting the current Auburn football coach".  Pretty telling that you felt that way until December of '20.  Gus' failed recruiting, naive evaluations, bad roster management, and poor player development led to his firing. He's gone, been fired for two years. You should let your obsession of him go.

As for me, I did support Harsin. I'm not ashamed of that in the least. It was best for Auburn for him to be successful. When he proved himself lacking, I withdrew my support.  I don't defend a thing about him.  While at Auburn, he was a failure of a man, husband, father, and coach.  Gus on the other hand was just a failure of a coach. 

FTR, I did the exact same for Gus. I was one of his biggest defenders after his hiring until 2015-16 when he proved his ineptness. After that, it was best for Auburn to fire him and I withdrew my support. 

See how that works?

I agree. I will support any coach we hire until I cant. Simple as that. When they prove that they cant do a good job, I move on. But I don't keep obsessing with whining about it. I just sit back and wait until they are done. Patience is a virtue. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Fact is, you and similarly minded people never once supported the CBH hire and continuously spewed your disgust every chance you got starting the day of his announcement.

I have already provided you with an example of my support for Harsin when he was initially hired. I'm not going to keep repeating things you should already know. Is your memory really this bad?