2023 Recruiting Hot-Board

Zeek

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

Gus and harsin both sucked. The end. 

And deserve every criticism they get for their failures. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Maybe but rehash this gets very old, very quickly . Quite frankly, it is you and Mikey who keeps that same old topic up. They both sucked. Arguing who sucks more is just a game of pride. Personally, I would rather just move on from this two unless it is warranted specifically in certain threads. I feel like this thread is suited for the future not the past.

Amen!! Both of them need to let it go. Very annoying

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, DAG said:

Maybe but rehash this gets very old, very quickly . Quite frankly, it is you and Mikey who keeps that same old topic up. They both sucked. Arguing who sucks more is just a game of pride. Personally, I would rather just move on from this two unless it is warranted specifically in certain threads. I feel like this thread is suited for the future not the past.

I 100% agree.  There is no reason to defend anything about either. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

But let me ask...

Is it the fault of the person that levies a legitimate criticism or causation or the one that defends EVERY mention of a certain name?

Discussing where we are, how we got there, and what's needed to fix it is relevant. Discussing those things involves criticisms. So be it, they both failed and we're dealt with accordingly.  Defending anything associated with either is asinine and is the real issue.  

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

46 minutes ago, DAG said:

Gus and harsin both sucked. The end. 

Harsin, yes, Gus no. Harsin was terrible, but Gus severely underachieved given his top 6 salary and all the resources at his disposal.

I will say no more about these two coaches, they are gone. Let’s all get on the Hugh ‘s pew!

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, PUB78 said:

Harsin, yes, Gus no. Harsin was terrible, but Gus severely underachieved given his top 6 salary and all the resources at his disposal.

Gus' biggest failure was in thinking his scheme had an answer for everything and ignoring fundamental football. We got top heavy with project athletes, developed huge gaps in key skill positions and Gus never completely adjusted when substitution advantages were taken away. 

My hope is that Freeze is not of the mindset that some scheme can overcome talent. We are not going to "outscheme" the Alabamas, Georgias and LSUs of the world. We'll get quickly left behind if we keep trying to do more with less. So far, what I'm seeing is encouraging. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PUB78 said:

I will say no more about these two coaches, they are gone. Let’s all get on the Hugh ‘s pew!

Seeing USCw in all likelihood take care of business against Tulane despite being in the exact same situation as us in 2017 shows why Gus was so frustrating, despite not being a bad coach.

EDIT: Partially disregard the above.

Is Armstrong any good? I'm sure the more I want him the less likely he'll come lol. But maybe being in the same state as Freeze was helps.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Browning4AU said:

So....how about the recruiting hot board? 

I hear Armstrong from UVA has narrowed his list to AU, NC St, and OK St. 

I think there are a few quarterbacks that we are looking at… trying to decide which one would be the best fit. It will be interesting to see who visits this weekend. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

It's been a little quiet recently, but this weekend will be HUGE. All the QB poor coaches and remaining Portal QBs will be working their deals except for TCU and UGA guys I guess.  I think we all probably have our 2 or 3 personal faves. I don't think CHF is interested in our opinions, only those of Montgomery and Austin. I trust them over any on this forum. I'm sure they know a lot more inside scoop than any of us (or at least I hope so).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I think there are a few quarterbacks that we are looking at… trying to decide which one would be the best fit. It will be interesting to see who visits this weekend. 

Right. Get them all into Auburn Arena. Front row seats. Arkansas will be in town.

12 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

Right. Get them all into Auburn Arena. Front row seats. Arkansas will be in town.

I never bet against Bruce, but that may not be a good game to go to for a good result unless we improve a lot. LOL Crowd will be lit though.  I hope Arkansas wins their mid-week game since they lost to LSU this weekend. Really don't want to see a semi desperate Hogs team.

• Like 4

Sanders possibly leaning to Ole Miss? Interesting. They have a QB coming back already. 
Also nobody seems to know if we are even recruiting sanders. 

Edited by gr82b4au

If you really like the UVA QB go take a look at his game against Pitt  TD throwing machine... fortunately for Pitt they were the ones scoring on the Pick Sixes.

On 1/2/2023 at 8:49 AM, PUB78 said:

Gus sucked too. 

1 hour ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

If you really like the UVA QB go take a look at his game against Pitt  TD throwing machine... fortunately for Pitt they were the ones scoring on the Pick Sixes.

Rough game for sure. In fact, rough season for him. Not sure why. Hard to argue with his results in 2021 though. Over 4000 yards 31 TDS 10 Picks. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4370775/brennan-armstrong

With Dillon Johnson gone are there any other Portal RB's we are looking at.   We have three good RB's now (Hunter, Alston, Cobb) assuming Cobb commits but we need a 4th for depth.

2 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Gus sucked too. 

So did Barfield.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

With Dillon Johnson gone are there any other Portal RB's we are looking at.   We have three good RB's now (Hunter, Alston, Cobb) assuming Cobb commits but we need a 4th for depth.

Honestly, our roster is so bad that we need so many other positions more. Yes, we would love to have a running back, but we need a starting quarterback, a few more OL, and some starting linebackers. We need depth on the DL, and a playmaker at WR. All of that before a running back. Our roster is in shambles.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Honestly, our roster is so bad that we need so many other positions more. Yes, we would love to have a running back, but we need a starting quarterback, a few more OL, and some starting linebackers. We need depth on the DL, and a playmaker at WR. All of that before a running back. Our roster is in shambles.

We don't have limited space. We have enough space to address virtually all concerns. So "bigger areas of concern" isn't really a good excuse 

• Like 1

If we really got in a bind for RBs we have a fourth one in RA himself. He's too good of a runner to not play at wildcat, jet sweep or 3rd down back or something to use his strengths. I agree that running back is not as critical as other positions.

• Like 1