2023 Recruiting Hot-Board

Zeek

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

It's not just six schools. They range from the northeast to the southwest corners of the county, with a couple of stops in the middle of downtown in between. Some of those schools are well over an hour's drive apart. Some are private schools, some public. There's something very unusual going on.

Kid got bad handlers ….

Seeing the transfer QB melt down threads got me thinking about JUCO QBs. Anyone got info on that being a potential situation that could develop? 

13 minutes ago, Mikey said:

It's not just six schools. They range from the northeast to the southwest corners of the county, with a couple of stops in the middle of downtown in between. Some of those schools are well over an hour's drive apart. Some are private schools, some public. There's something very unusual going on.

This reminds me of a Johnny Cash song. I've been everywhere. LOL

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AUwent said:

Judging by the fact that we went after McCall and Leary, it is readily apparent the staff is not satisfied with the QBs on our roster. I'm sorry, but a 3* who was committed to Liberty is not going to cut it. Please stop with this "stars don't matter" line.

Stars do matter. That’s why it’s intriguing that McCall was a HS 2 Star who developed into a premier QB. Almost makes me think Hank Brown being a 3 Star out of HS doesn’t doom him to “not cutting it” status. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, GoCadillacGo said:

Seeing the transfer QB melt down threads got me thinking about JUCO QBs. Anyone got info on that being a potential situation that could develop? 

Chris Todd got any eligibility left. 😁

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

This place had no activity about a month ago, now it is more active than the primary board. Major freaking difference.

Its almost like the HC matters in recruiting

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, aubie17 said:

What are the times tomorrow for the recruits we are wanting? 

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/LongFormArticle/Auburn-Tigers-football-recruiting-signing-day-live-updates-200766188/#200766188_5

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Better yet ... our man Clint created a bot to correct University of Auburn to Auburn University!!!! Brilliant 👏 

Just in time for signing day. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Neither was Roger McCreary but guess we should have let South Alabama keep him since recruiting services said he was a lowly 3*.  

Many times coaches see things the recruiting services fans don’t see. 

Yep.

Edited by SumterAubie

6 hours ago, AUwent said:

Ok. On one hand, it's great that we've gone up 20 spots in the last few days. Getting Sly Smith back was great. We can absolutely finish strong, and I am feeling somewhat better about our recruiting. I am not asking for a top 10 finish for this year, just a top 20 one.

HOWEVER...

Judging by the fact that we went after McCall and Leary, it is readily apparent the staff is not satisfied with the QBs on our roster. I'm sorry, but a 3* who was committed to Liberty is not going to cut it. Please stop with this "stars don't matter" line.

Both sentiments can be true, and are true.

Wasn’t McCall a three star out of High School?  I think I will trust the coach’s!

2 hours ago, DAG said:

This place had no activity about a month ago, now it is more active than the primary board. Major freaking difference.

No kidding. 
For many years I would spend more time on the recruiting board than on the football board. That changed the last few years under Gus and then under Harsin, I never visit this board except to complain about no offensive linemen. 

it just feels good to care again  

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, BeatBama1972 said:

Wasn’t McCall a three star out of High School?  I think I will trust the coach’s!

I think he was a 2 star or low 3 star. Also the Uga quarterback is a walkon with three 5 stars on the bench. 

Edited by gr82b4au
  • Like 1

• Zeek unpinned this topic
7 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I think he was a 2 star or low 3 star. Also the Uga quarterback is a walkon with three 5 stars on the bench. 

Many more examples: Baker Mayfield, Patrick Mahomes, Johnny Manziel, Dak Prescott, Josh Allen and our very own Nick Marshall. All of those were lightly regarded as QBs out of high school.