2023 Recruiting Hot-Board

Zeek

7 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I agree. I want an A lister but I’m also excited to see what this staff can do with Ashford and Geriner behind legitimate offensive linemen. 

Yeah, it will truly benefit them just to have a year to sit and learn, particularly RA. There are still QBs out there who are more than serviceable and get us to at least an 8 win threshold.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

May end up being there but I doubt it has been so far. There would have been a lot more buzz about him IMO if our eggs were in his basket.

I agree Ellitor, I think our top couple of targets are not officially in the portal yet.  

Ive seen Vandagriff name brought up a lot but he has no more experience than Geriner, he isnt going to help us this fall.  We need an experienced starter, probably one and done, and then our current qbs will be more seasoned under this system.  

And plenty of other players in all positions will become available as bowl games end.  A QB, few more OL and DL, receiver or two, and another LB.  I also agree with Ellitor here, we already signed one, he just isnt listed as such, but he is about one Big Mac from being the same size as Zacoby and he wasnt quite bad was he?

Heck we still have 20 spots left, though I think we will still be adding in the fall to get there lol

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

It's hilarious how out of the way you go to ATTACK Gus. Pathetic, but funny. Fixed it for you.

Similar to how you attack Harsin?  Both deserve criticism.  Neither deserve defending 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I don’t think we are going to get a “good” one but one who is at least serviceable 

At this point I'll take it. I feel like we can potentially win a lot of games with even a decent qb

• Like 1

Why are people expecting Brock Vandergriff to transfer again?  Can we just stop saying his name like so many ppl rush to type "Dell McGee" at any point there is a position, coordinator, or HC opening at Auburn?

Kid ain't leaving UGA and idk if I'm the only one, but @bigbird's font was highlighted for sarcasm, no???

16 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Similar to how you attack Harsin?  Both deserve criticism.  Neither deserve defending 

The two aren't similar at all. Gus did some very good things at Auburn. His time had run out but over his eight years here he did good things. Harsin didn't accomplish a single positive thing.

The reason some are going back and attacking Gus now is nothing but a lame attempt to make a smokescreen to hide their Hard for Harsin stance. Some few here hung on to Harsin for a long time past when most of us realized Harsin was not going to be anything but a flop.

Edited by Mikey
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Some few here hung on to Harsin for a long time past when most of us realized Harsin was not going to be anything but a flop

The fact that you don't see it is hilarious 

14 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Gus did some very good things at Auburn.

He also did a lot of horrible things.  Like not recruit OL.  Something you seemingly can't comprehend 

14 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Some few here hung on to Harsin for a long time past when most of us realized Harsin was not going to be anything but a flop.

Yes @bigbirdrode Harsin to the end, but eventually got off when he saw the big picture.

Yet somehow you're still driving the Gus Bus.  It's amazing

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

He also did a lot of horrible things.  Like not recruit OL.  Something you seemingly can't comprehend 

He recruited Ol better than some here would have you believe. Not great, but not horrible. Go on the recruiting sites and look back over the years. The OL recruiting didn't get horrible until Harsin took over.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Yeah, it will truly benefit them just to have a year to sit and learn, particularly RA. There are still QBs out there who are more than serviceable and get us to at least an 8 win threshold.

I got us going 9-3 even not knowing the QB yet FWIW.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I got us going 9-3 even not knowing the QB yet FWIW.

Drinking this early in the morning is not advised. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yes @bigbirdrode Harsin to the end, but eventually got off when he saw the big picture.

Yet somehow you're still driving the Gus Bus.  It's amazing

Not the end so much as after PSU. 

Support untill they prove you right or wrong, then adjust accordingly.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Drinking this early in the morning is not advised. 

Nope. Been saying 9-3 for a few weeks now. Losses to Bama, UGA, and @ LSU. Every thing else is very winnable.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Nope. Been saying 9-3 for a few weeks now. Losses to Bama, UGA, and @ LSU. Every thing else is very winnable.

My hang up is the Arkansas game. 

Seems like a lot of people are overlooking them this year.  Not a lot of media attention on the pigs like the 3 teams you mentioned.

I just put my glasses on and I can see us winning one of the big three games, IF we can get the right QB from the portal. With our marginal talent level right now, we have to find a way to win the close games to get 9 or 10 Ws and the QB (and HC) are the keys.  WDE!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I don't think State/Ole Miss/Ark are auto-losses, but at the same time we currently don't have a single quality SEC EDGE or DE on our roster

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

My hang up is the Arkansas game. 

Seems like a lot of people are overlooking them this year.  Not a lot of media attention on the pigs like the 3 teams you mentioned.

They were a 6-6 team last year and will probably get smoked in their bowl game.  There is nothing to overlook.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Support untill they prove you right or wrong, then adjust accordingly.

I prefer to take the "as legit questions, until they give you reason for support" vs blindly supporting everything out of the gate.

Edited by W.E.D

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I prefer to take the "as legit questions, until they give you reason for support" vs blindly supporting everything out of the gate.

How about limited extremes? Just objective responses based on common data and knowledge ? There doesn’t need a blind support but there also doesn’t need to be a negative slight to every approach either. Not saying you specifically are doing that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

How about limited extremes? Just objective responses based on common data and knowledge ? There doesn’t need a blind support but there also doesn’t need to be a negative slight to every approach either. Not saying you specifically are doing that. 

Yes, I disagree with blind support ignoring any past along with everything is awful, ignoring anything that could be positive.

But I feel like many here get triggered at any criticism & assume any criticism is someone being ridiculously negative/hating/etc

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yes, I disagree with blind support ignoring any past along with everything is awful, ignoring anything that could be positive.

But I feel like many here get triggered at any criticism & assume any criticism is someone being ridiculously negative/hating/etc

That is true. People her do get in a tizzy about the slightest criticism. Hard to argue that point .

1 hour ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Not a lot of media attention on the pigs like the 3 teams you mentioned.

Nor should there be given they were disappointing overall this year.

• Like 1