2023 Recruiting Hot-Board

Zeek

12 minutes ago, e808 said:

For me only Georgia is mostly likely a loss until some games are played. All the rest are tbd

Not sure how you can just exclude bama

9 wins would be quite an accomplishment. I think some are underestimating how badly Harsin tanked this roster. I'm afraid we will be suffering from a Harsin hangover for a little while. The quickest cure is a top QB, which I suppose could still happen.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Not sure how you can just exclude bama

Because Bama will have a new QB and if it’s Mikrose he is a work in progress. Auburn always plays them tough at home and should  have won the last time they played but I digress. Georgia is the only team recently to dominate Auburn at home and on the road.

1 minute ago, e808 said:

Because Bama will have a new QB and if it’s Mikrose he is a work in progress. Auburn always plays them tough at home and should  have won the last time they played but I digress. Georgia is the only team recently to dominate Auburn at home and on the road.

Bama has constantly had a "brand new QB" that everyone claimed would take a step back.  I'm old enough to remember all of those predictions with Blake Simms, then Jake Coker, then Jalen Hurts, then Tua, then Mac Jones, then Bryce Young.

Now I'm sure it'll be true this time.

• Like 2

IDK why we assume Bama is going to struggle, but then at the same time give a pass to UGA with a completely unknown QB

Just now, W.E.D said:

Bama has constantly had a "brand new QB" that everyone claimed would take a step back.  I'm old enough to remember all of those predictions with Blake Simms, then Jake Coker, then Jalen Hurts, then Tua, then Mac Jones, then Bryce Young.

The have lost 13, 17, and 19. 21 should have been added to that. Even this year it took an uncharacteristic fumble from Hunter and a phantom fumble call to pull away from a one dimensional Auburn team. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

IDK why we assume Bama is going to struggle, but then at the same time give a pass to UGA with a completely unknown QB

It’s simple look at Georgia vs Auburn and look at Bama vs Auburn. Georgia has completely dominated Auburn minus the 2017 game 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, e808 said:

For me only Georgia is mostly likely a loss until some games are played. All the rest are tbd

We need a quarterback. If we get one, then maybe we can compete with all of the other teams. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

We need a quarterback. If we get one, then maybe we can compete with all of the other teams. 

Very logical. Hoping that CHF is able to make that happen. That would would raise my expectations.

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Bamas success for years now has been BC of their o line.. You do not have to be a 5* stud to play qb at Bama and win...And until this year they've also had the best receivers in the league..  Until Nick Satan leaves it will unfortunately continue to be the case annually... Freeze knows the formula to beat him,,,if he can get the proper pieces in place in spite of Bama's superior talent.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Bamas success for years now has been BC of their o line.. You do not have to be a 5* stud to play qb at Bama and win...And until this year they've also had the best receivers in the league..  Until Nick Satan leaves it will unfortunately continue to be the case annually... Freeze knows the formula to beat him,,,if he can get the proper pieces in place in spite of Bama's superior talent.

I used to say the same thing but its hard to argue with the fact the its just the o line when Hurts, Tua, and Mac J are all star NFL QBs, and Young is soon to follow them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I dont think it is so much that Bama is going to struggle as it is just looking at the game results the last several seasons between AU and Bama and AU and UGA. Big differences.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

I used to say the same thing but its hard to argue with the fact the its just the o line when Hurts, Tua, and Mac J are all star NFL QBs, and Young is soon to follow them. 

Any QB that has 6-10 seconds to throw the ball (Tua, Mac, Hurts, Bryce) is going to have way better success than compared to an average o line like us...Look no further than Bo Nix

.. He was deer in the headlights a lot at AU and didn't have but 2-4 seconds to throw ( Look at how much better he did at Oregon with a good o line). That is my point..

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

All those guys, Tua excepted, had their struggles vs Auburn. AU beat Hurts and Jones straight up, would have beaten Simms in 2014 if they had a defense with a pulse (or an offense that could get in the end zone instead of just killing it between the 20s), took the game out of Coker’s hands in 2015 and only significantly fell behind in the 4th quarter, and should have won in 2021 vs Young - which we all saw. 

Auburn basically didn’t have a chance against UGA in the last 3 games against them. Only in 2019 was it semi-close, and that was only the case late in the 2nd half after falling behind 21-0 at home. Not sure if this is due to UGA being so significantly deep and talented at every position as opposed to Alabama, or a coaching/scheme issue which makes it harder to find success, or a motivational thing. I’d lean towards motivational but then again, so many of Auburn's players have traditionally been from Georgia that game has usually been as big as the Iron Bowl for the team. There just seems to be a mental block/issue that’s preventing Auburn from breaking through since 2017.

• Like 2

Anyone else watching Grayson McCall play in their bowl game? I'm praying after the game that Auburn has worked things out and we get a Yahtzee that he's coming after all. Good grief he is good!! So accurate!

Lord baby Jesus PLEASE make this happen!!!!!!!! 

3 hours ago, AUnCullman said:

Anyone else watching Grayson McCall play in their bowl game? I'm praying after the game that Auburn has worked things out and we get a Yahtzee that he's coming after all. Good grief he is good!! So accurate!

Lord baby Jesus PLEASE make this happen!!!!!!!! 

Good grief. It. Is. Not. Happening. 

14 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

In the Nest right now…

09468F39-B3B4-45ED-AF76-5170D9140315.gif

I feel like that one that isn't getting fed on the inside. I want Qb news. It feels like that is the missing piece that could mean an amazing turnaround this upcoming season

2 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

In the Nest right now…

09468F39-B3B4-45ED-AF76-5170D9140315.gif

Did that bird just eat the baby's turd? Never saw that before on documentaries. Been worse if that is what it fed the neglected one lol

• Haha 2