2023 Recruiting Hot-Board

Zeek

I still think Smith and Russaw end up being Turds. It has felt that way the whole time. Still, they have visited Auburn more than any recent recruits I can remember.

16 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I still think Smith and Russaw end up being Turds. It has felt that way the whole time. Still, they have visited Auburn more than any recent recruits I can remember.

I don’t think we have had a coach since Saban has been at Bama that I felt could go toe to toe with him on a regular basis….but I think Freeze might be the best closer we have had yet.  

We also now have leveled the playing field with NIL, so I’m still hopeful Freeze can pull out a miracle here.   Its true, he’s working from behind but they just keep coming back, and coming back, and coming back.  There is something they obviously like about Auburn. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

I think Nicky is supposed to meet w them ^^ tomorrow but I hope they are tigers. 

Yep I don’t think they will visit this weekend in the end. We will see. 

NIL levels the field.   Before NIL Bama would swept in and offer their uncle a job on the docks making $50 an hour, their mom a house sitting job at $75k per year and buy them a Charger.    Now we can match their offer dollar for dollar and the kids can choose playing time.

• Like 1

Just saw where Clemente said RaRa Thomas will OV this weekend….love that Freeze had him last week before his OM and UGA visits and now will get him the last weekend.  

Plus McCall will be there 😬

• Love 1

40 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Yep I don’t think they will visit this weekend in the end. We will see. 

They will do what they want.  Saban doesn’t have the clout anymore to threaten pulling offers if commits take visits, and neither of them are committed to him yet.  

He can try, but I still think they come.  Just like Mitchell did. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CR said:

The recruiting pitch for these two guys is going to be off the charts. From all teams involved.

Yeah. "Here is Yella Man's bank account. Whatcha want????"

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

I have to agree with you about their eventually going to the dark side. These guys are like so many others that have done the flirting and visiting with Auburn. I genuinely believe lots of them with such high “star power” really like everything that all of us AU grads and fans like about our special place. But, until the tiny one quits providing such strong lines to the league, they sadly make a business decision and miss out on Auburn for future paychecks. JMHO

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, au701948 said:

I have to agree with you about their eventually going to the dark side. These guys are like so many others that have done the flirting and visiting with Auburn. I genuinely believe lots of them with such high “star power” really like everything that all of us AU grads and fans like about our special place. But, until the tiny one quits providing such strong lines to the league, they sadly make a business decision and miss out on Auburn for future paychecks. JMHO

The one thing we have in our favor now is all the uncertainty in regards to Saban’s tenure, and his coordinators.  

6 minutes ago, au701948 said:

I think once Freeze starts showing he can get players in the league that will change. With the portal and NIL, it will be sooner rather than later. 

Just now, Shadow Tiger said:

I think once Freeze starts showing he can get players in the league that will change. With the portal and NIL, it will be sooner rather than later. 

I agree with your thoughts for sure. No reason that can’t happen.

4 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

The one thing we have in our favor now is all the uncertainty in regards to Saban’s tenure, and his coordinators.  

And the fact that NIL levels the playing field.  

12 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Ya, until we start getting any of these multi-visitors signed. That’s all they are.

Every year, well except the Harsin era, we have these type of recruits. Visit us all the time. We get our hopes up. Just to watch their  announcement so they can say “they are doing what’s best for them and their family.”  While pulling out a red hat. 

No reason to think this will be any different. Hope I’m wrong!!  

Edited by TXaubie
Grammar
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TXaubie said:

Ya, until we start getting any of these multi-visitors signed. That’s all they are.

Every year, well except the Harsin era, we have these type of recruits. Visit us all the time. We get our hopes up. Just to watch their  announcement so they can say “they are doing what’s best for them and their family.”  While pulling out a red hat. 

No reason to think this will be any different. Hope I’m wrong!!  

Shoot, might as well quit now!!

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

Lol. Not sure how you could get that out of what I posted. 

11 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Agree with TXaubie. Name one 5 star that flirted with us like these two that actually signed with us. Until it happens, I’m a doubting Thomas. That said, we haven’t had a recruiter like Freeze in, oh, I don’t know, ever?

• Like 1