2023 Recruiting Hot-Board

Zeek

2 hours ago, tinman1 said:

Great talent?  no we don't have great talent.  But we do have enough talented players that, with proper coaching and with the desire and attitude they displayed over the last 4 games, we can win some games.  We're going to be better than we have been the past 3 or 4 years.  No doubt about it.

at LB?

1 hour ago, Browning4AU said:

at LB?

Yes , there are about 10 linebackers on the roster. Some we have seen some we haven’t. Some probably need to be coached up. At least half had pretty decent ratings coming out of high school. Like @ellitor stated there will be no more than 2 on the field. Maybe 5 in the mix with 2 probably playing the bulk. Gotta let it play out. A lot can happen between now and the season opener

Edited by e808

Glad to see recruiting pick back up. Though I see the NIL average on On3...should we be worried that ours is $31K (10th in the expanded SEC--behind Ole Miss)? Until around this fall, all we heard was how poor we were NIL wise. And then, we heard that we had gotten it together in that regard (see here and here)--so is that still the case that we have the $ to compete? This stuff is all very confusing.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Glad to see recruiting pick back up. Though I see the NIL average on On3...should we be worried that ours is $31K (10th in the expanded SEC--behind Ole Miss)? Until around this fall, all we had heard was how poor we were NIL wise. And then, we heard that we had gotten it together in that regard (see here)--so is that still the case that we have the $ to compete? This stuff is all very confusing.

@AUwentOn3's Nil numbers are straight garbage. It's not a reflection of what we have in NIL but what ON3 values our signees/commits are worth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AU 247 or Rivals saying Sanders was not in AU today & a couple Ole Miss sites hinting he was there instead FWIW.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

People are saying Sanders did not visit 

If that’s true he’s probably not going to sign with Auburn.

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

AU 247 or Rivals saying Sanders was not in AU today & a couple Ole Miss sites hinting he was there instead FWIW.

Shouldn't we be able to beat out OM or NCSU (Armstrong) for a QB? It's entirely possible we have bigger priorities, of course.

QB aside, seems to have been quite a good recruiting weekend!

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, dilligas said:

If that’s true he’s probably not going to sign with Auburn.

Yeah, if a quarterback does not visit Auburn, he is not going to sign. 

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Shouldn't we be able to beat out OM or NCSU (Armstrong) for a QB? It's entirely possible we have bigger priorities, but still.

@AUwent Once again you are looking at things from the wrong perspective on at least 1 recruit. Most of the time you ask this question it's not about AU being able to beat schools like OM & NC State for players. It's more often AU has chosen not to. In BA's case he chose NC State over us and others because he wanted to play for the OC who got him to UVa and played for him his first 2 years there. The OC is at NC State & that's why he chose the Pack.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

@AUwent Once again you are looking at things from the wrong perspective on at least 1 recruit. Most of the time you ask this question it's not about AU being able to beat schools like OM & NC State for players. It's more often AU has chosen not to. In BA's case he chose NC State over us and others because he wanted to play for the OC who got him to UVa and played for him his first 2 years there. The OC is at NC State & that's why he chose the Pack.

I get ya, though that's why I reserve concerns about the high number of Liberty coaches on staff. If Sanders goes to Ole Miss, we're gonna need to have someone at least as good waiting in the wings.

Sanders would definitely be an upgrade but my guess is the staff may have their eyes on a bigger upgrade. Of course there  is a risk with that decision if that is in fact the plan. We can't afford to rush and make the wrong decision. Not easy to undo a big one like this. Trust and patience!!

Just my opinion but some of these guys probably want to be guaranteed to be named starter instead of competing for it. Unlike most school who QB position is vacant. The person who started the majority of Auburns games is still on the roster 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, e808 said:

The person who started the majority of Auburns games is still on the roster 

True but barring injury to whoever comes in he should beat out RA fairly easily unless RA has a massive development with CHF & Monty in a few short months.

• Like 1

Regarding these nil numbers, ask yourself, do you really believe a QB that is signing with NCState is making more than a rookie in the NFL???????  Seriously.  If he was that good he would have gone to the NFL.  

Regarding Auburn's NIL, remember that money has to go to all the other sports as well, Im sure Bruce Pearl needs his piece, what about gymnastics, etc.   And there is that matter of paying the players (the ones worth it) who are already on campus.  I suspect thats part of the huge exodus at Texas A&M.  And what about the staff for Road to Victory, you think lawyers to set up contracts come cheap?  

And remember we are trying to fill FAR more spots than our rivals so the money has to go a lot further.  

• Like 2

Regarding the QB situation.  If Sanders did not come, with spring this close, he is not our choice and someone else is.  And Im not certain we will have to wait til after spring to find out.

Consider this, you are at another SEC school and you are going into spring to battle one or two other QBs who are pretty good.  Do you wait to see if you start or do you transfer to Auburn where it will be pretty easy to be named the starter?  

5 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

at 6' 3", 332 lbs   he can take up some space.

He cancelled his Miami visit for us 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Wonder why Ole Miss? Isn't Dart coming back?

39 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

This is a big visit! I REALLY want this guy.

Yeah he was a 5 star recruit out of high school and is being pursued by big boys LSU, UGA, and others.  Will be a tough pull but you can’t hit a home run if you don’t take a swing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trinidad tiger said:

Regarding these nil numbers, ask yourself, do you really believe a QB that is signing with NCState is making more than a rookie in the NFL???????  Seriously.  If he was that good he would have gone to the NFL.  

Regarding Auburn's NIL, remember that money has to go to all the other sports as well, Im sure Bruce Pearl needs his piece, what about gymnastics, etc.   And there is that matter of paying the players (the ones worth it) who are already on campus.  I suspect thats part of the huge exodus at Texas A&M.  And what about the staff for Road to Victory, you think lawyers to set up contracts come cheap?  

And remember we are trying to fill FAR more spots than our rivals so the money has to go a lot further.  

Armstrong probably wants to increase his draft stock….his seasons under Anae put him on the map and he was just hired at NC State…..when he left VA Armstrong’s production really dropped off…plus he was playing behind a very inexeperienced Oline.  Sound familiar?

Makes perfect sense he wanted to reunite with his old coach that he had success with.  Its not all about NIL with many of these kids, some look at the long game.  

• Like 2

AEAgirl,  I was agreeing with you that it wasnt the money and it never was close to the exorbitant amount people were claiming he was offered.  

And it was his supporting cast that caused the drop off as much as the playcalling.  

3 minutes ago, trinidad tiger said:

AEAgirl,  I was agreeing with you that it wasnt the money and it never was close to the exorbitant amount people were claiming he was offered.  

And it was his supporting cast that caused the drop off as much as the playcalling.  

Ooops sorry, it takes some time for my morning coffee to kick in 😬