2023 Recruiting Hot-Board

Zeek

43 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

may have a shot at previous 5* DT

Who is the mysterious person?  Not sure I see anyone in the portal with these bonifieds 

Edited by W.E.D

45 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

We need 1-2 Interior DL or guys that can play OT and interior, need another Edge, may need another LB, may need another WR and need a QB But only if better then what we have.

Think this means 1-2 Interior OL

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

There are two edge players on that list that are uncommitted 

That’s weird.  When I pull it up it’s showing a ton of uncommitted players.  It’s showing 2 4* from USCe, 2 4* from OU, and a 4* from Cincinnati among others.     Way too many 3* to name, a bunch of them from SEC schools.  Maybe the list is behind on who’s committed, Idk.   But from what I can see, there are lots of prospects!   I have no idea about who is good, a good fit, interested, etc.  just that there are a lot available.   

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Think this means 1-2 Interior OL

You are correct

20 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Who is the mysterious person?  Not sure I see anyone in the portal with these bonifieds 

Not sure there was a post saying 5 * DL visiting but no name.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Right now if we had to pick a starting 5 on O-Line I think it would be:

Wade Diilon RT

Gunner Britton LT

Jeremiah Wright LG

Izavion Miller RG and backup tackle

Conner Lew - C

Existing Roster and New Freshman would be the backups

Fixed it for you. 

Dillon at LT over Britton ain't happening

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

48 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Not sure there was a post saying 5 * DL visiting but no name.

I am pretty sure he is talking about Justin Rogers that just visited and has a “mystery” school that is probably Bama. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alabastertiger said:

What is the last day for to get somebody from the transfer portal and still have them register for this semester? 

Spring semester classes start Wednesday 11th, last day to drop/add is Wednesday 18th. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Who are these people?

In terms of potential Edge transfers, there was this article this morning with 5  semi-recent portal additions with experience. Not sure which would be the best fit for our new D scheme. 

https://247sports.com/Article/College-football-transfer-portal-2023-top-defensive-end-prospects-Gilber-Edmond-Jordan-Burch-Byron-Vaughns-202453255/

"At the top of the new slate of entries: South Carolina’s Jordan Burch and Gilber Edmond. Among other Power Five transfers, you have Rondell Bothroyd (Wake Forest), Jordan Domineck (Arkansas), and Javontae Jean-Baptiste (Ohio State)."

Edited by HAPvsOA
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

In terms of potential Edge transfers, there was this article this morning with 5  semi-recent portal additions with experience. Not sure which would be the best fit for our new D scheme. 

https://247sports.com/Article/College-football-transfer-portal-2023-top-defensive-end-prospects-Gilber-Edmond-Jordan-Burch-Byron-Vaughns-202453255/

"At the top of the new slate of entries: South Carolina’s Jordan Burch and Gilber Edmond. Among other Power Five transfers, you have Rondell Bothroyd (Wake Forest), Jordan Domineck (Arkansas), and Javontae Jean-Baptiste (Ohio State)."

Sure seems to be a bunch of people jumping off the Wake Forest ship.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

Fixed it for you. 

Dillon at LT over Britton ain't happening

Thank you I couldn't remember for sure who was best option at LT.

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Thank you I couldn't remember for sure who was best option at LT.

3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

My understanding is that the fella from Tulsa is 6-4 and a bit slow with the feet.  Britton is 6-6 plus.

I am thinking, maybe that the Cincinnati wide receiver will be next. Hopefully he chooses Auburn.
There is also a lineman from Baylor, who is going to commit somewhere tomorrow. Supposedly his brother just enrolled as a PWO at Nebraska, which is his other choice. That would be tough to beat. 

19 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I am thinking, maybe that the Cincinnati wide receiver will be next. Hopefully he chooses Auburn.
There is also a lineman from Baylor, who is going to commit somewhere tomorrow. Supposedly his brother just enrolled as a PWO at Nebraska, which is his other choice. That would be tough to beat. 

That OG from Baylor looks like a beast!!!!     We need another OG.  Hopefully he doesn’t like his brother very much.  😁

Also, we really need 2 of those Edge Rushers!  Hopefully the 2 best available.  

46 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Supposedly his brother just enrolled as a PWO at Nebraska,

LAME

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

5* out of High School. Transfer from KY

Yeah, 247 uses their rankings or composite on the portal rankings.  He was just a 5* on rivals and 4* on composite/247, so didn't see it.  Thx

• Like 1

What are our chances at landing the University of South Florida RB, Brian Battie, out of the transfer portal? He just visited and said he fell in love with Auburn and Caddy, Freeze and Montgomery. He said he will visit Colorado and announce his decision sunday, Jan. 15th.

He was a 2021 consensus All American. He also returned 3 kickoffs for TD's in 2021. This season he rushed for 1,200 yards and had over 1,900 all purpose yards. He had 5 straight games of 100+ yards rushing this season. He is small though. He's 5'8" 170 lbs. 

Edited by TeamZero77

23 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah, 247 uses their rankings or composite on the portal rankings.  He was just a 5* on rivals and 4* on composite/247, so didn't see it.  Thx

Do we have a shot with him or is he just on people's wishlist?

54 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

LAME

That is how the game is played.
We tried the same thing this year with a player that is on our roster. Of course, Harsin was freaking terrible so his talented linebacker brother went to Notre Dame… even though he could’ve come here and started. Unreal. 

20 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Do we have a shot with him or is he just on people's wishlist?

Well, there’s always a shot because he visited, but in reality, when we are going up against Alabama or Georgia, the chances are small.
just the way it is at the moment. Someday soon, hopefully it will change. 

44 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

What are our chances at landing the University of South Florida RB, Brian Battie, out of the transfer portal? He just visited and said he fell in love with Auburn and Caddy, Freeze and Montgomery. He said he will visit Colorado and announce his decision sunday, Jan. 15th.

He was a 2021 consensus All American. He also returned 3 kickoffs for TD's in 2021. This season he rushed for 1,200 yards and had over 1,900 all purpose yards. He had 5 straight games of 100+ yards rushing this season. He is small though. He's 5'8" 170 lbs. 

Yes, this is the guy that I want that I think we really have a chance to get. We need a dynamic punt and kick off return man.

I can’t remember the last time we had a return man that was this dynamic. This guy gives us a weapon in the return area for the first time in years.