2023 Recruiting Hot-Board

Zeek

We just got the WR Nick Mardner as well. Just signed according to Trovon Reed. So we got the USF RB and the Cincinnati WR that is 6'6". WDE

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, AUinMS9528 said:

That OG from Baylor looks like a beast!!!!     

Gonna be a tough pull. Rhule had recruited him while he was at Baylor and with his brother now there...it's just gonna be a tough one.  AU wants him badly

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Gonna be a tough pull. Rhule had recruited him while he was at Baylor and with his brother now there...it's just gonna be a tough one.  AU wants him badly

Yeah, I figured it would be an uphill battle with his brother being there.  I didn’t know he also had a previous relationship with Rhule.   So that would be a pretty major steal if we were able to snag him!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Yeah, I figured it would be an uphill battle with his brother being there.  I didn’t know he also had a previous relationship with Rhule.   So that would be a pretty major steal if we were able to snag him!

Yeah I’m gonna go ahead and consider him as not signing with us. Anything else would be an awesome surprise. I get it too, brother and (maybe even more importantly) Rhule there. Too much an uphill pull, not a negative on us at all. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Is the a brick that falls before we accept some other commitments?  Seems like there are some other guys out there close to commit

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Is the a brick that falls before we accept some other commitments?  Seems like there are some other guys out there close to commit

He's the #1 want at G right now

44 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He's the #1 want at G right now

Yep. After him, not sure who is left to commit to us. Maybe the OM linebacker? 
Unless we have a surprise visitor this weekend, not much left in the portal. 
I mean, we have been absolutely killing it and thank goodness the new coaching staff is up to the task so far. 
The pitiful situation is that we still could add 10+ more players today to be at the 85. 

• Like 1

The Avery Jones pickup is big prior to this pickup  we needed 1-2 IOl, 1 Edge, and 1 QB all other critical needs had been met. We now have the 1 IOL who is an experienced starting Center which is key for an O-line. He is also SEC sized at 6'4" 305 pounds which is a solid size for a Center. Another IOL would be nice but is not critical we should be able to field a better O-Line then last years O-line with the additions and we probably can piece together 3 or 4 backup players who could come in if we have an injury.

We still have some time to find an Edge, QB and maybe another IOL.  Michah Mazzccua is decidng tonight and from what most think he will go to Nebraska but we can hope also I have not heard if Damieon George is still available as he would be a great IOL for Auburn even though he is listed as an OT he played both at bama.

Tobechi Okoli has the physical ability to be an very good Edge but when we signed him he was new to football. He might be a solid option on the Edge. He is 6'5" 255 pounds and a very good athlete.

QB is anybody's guess.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Flipped our center from Illinois 

Yes, and from what I have read, the Illinois fans are highly upset. He was set to be their starting center and was enrolled to start classes soon. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

The Avery Jones pickup is big prior to this pickup  we needed 1-2 IOl, 1 Edge, and 1 QB all other critical needs had been met. We now have the 1 IOL who is an experienced starting Center which is key for an O-line. He is also SEC sized at 6'4" 305 pounds which is a solid size for a Center. Another IOL would be nice but is not critical we should be able to field a better O-Line then last years O-line with the additions and we probably can piece together 3 or 4 backup players who could come in if we have an injury.

We still have some time to find an Edge, QB and maybe another IOL.  Michah Mazzccua is decidng tonight and from what most think he will go to Nebraska but we can hope also I have not heard if Damieon George is still available as he would be a great IOL for Auburn even though he is listed as an OT he played both at bama.

Tobechi Okoli has the physical ability to be an very good Edge but when we signed him he was new to football. He might be a solid option on the Edge. He is 6'5" 255 pounds and a very good athlete.

QB is anybody's guess.   

Qb, linebacker, and dl/edge. 

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

Yes, and from what I have read, the Illinois fans are highly upset. He was set to be their starting center and was enrolled to start classes soon. 

I love it!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

Waaaaaa!

Uh oh! I don't think everyone realizes the what a huge hornet's nest we just stirred up. 😟

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Uh oh! I don't think everyone realizes the what a huge hornet's nest we just stirred up. 😟

“Fighting “ mad I mean!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm wondering if we should be looking at this guy. Wouldn't be a QB that you could expect to be an immediate starter, but I think I would have to take a long look at him. He's just down the road at Troy. If we have the roster space. 

Peter Costelli

• QB 
  • 6-3 

• HIGH SCHOOLMission Viejo
  • CITYMission Viejo, CA
  • EXP2022 - ...

Transfer Portal Crystal Ball®

No Crystal Ball predictions at this time.

As a Prospect

247SPORTS COMPOSITE®

• CLASS2021
  • COMMITTED4/11/2020
  • 9328116.png?fit=bounds&crop=50:50,offset

Playlist

H.S. Scouting Report

EVALUATED 03/18/2020

Greg Biggins
Greg BigginsNATIONAL RECRUITING ANALYST

PROJECTION

4-7 RoundDAY 3

COMPARISON

Kevin HoganWASHINGTON COMMANDERS

True dual-threat quarterback and one of the fastest players in the region, regardless of position. Track standout who anchors his schools 4X100m relay team and has clocked a 10.8-100m. Once he breaks containment, he’s a threat to pick up huge chunks of yards and even go the distance. Very strong lower body and is tough to bring down in the pocket. Has improved his mechanics and tightened up his release. Arm strength is good and he throws a nice deep ball with touch and accuracy. Processing the game quicker is another area he has shown improvement and he can continue to get better in this area as well. Shows toughness and will stand in and take a shot in order to deliver the football. Projects as an impact upper tier Power 5 starter and potential NFL draft pick

Athletic Background

Peter Costelli is a 6-3, 205-pound Pro-Style Quarterback from Rancho Santa Margarita, CA.

Edited by Eagle-1

Bert gonna try to institute some new rule?

Great pickup! That's THREE 4* OL (247 composite) we've signed since Freeze took over!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Bert gonna try to institute some new rule?

Great pickup! That's THREE 4* OL (247 composite) we've signed since Freeze took over!

Buck Fert!

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

I love it!

When you said BB earlier, I didn’t realize you were talking about Butthead’s dad.  
But yeah, it makes it even sweeter when we fill a very important need and make Burt break his toe kicking the wall.  That is a guy who is very easy to not like!

• Like 2

What time tonight is the OL from Baylor announcing?  How much longer?