2023 Recruiting Hot-Board

Zeek

8 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Depends how big the birds in the bush are to really know the valuation . 

So...what would your valuation be of say, a Big Bird?

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

I think Auburn fans need to get themselves happy with RA.  I suspect he’ll be our starter next season.  Me thinks there is no mysterious savior qb popping outta nowhere.  If he does, great.  This has the feel of “disappointment“ for some fans.

• Angry 1

22 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

I think Auburn fans need to get themselves happy with RA.  I suspect he’ll be our starter next season.

If RA is the starting QB for the 2023 season, we will be fortunate to win 6 football games.  I know it, you know it, and Coach Hugh Freeze knows it.

We just have to be patient until the right transfer QB becomes available and signs with AU.

• Like 5

A few QBs hit the portal today, one from LSU  

The 6-foot-1, 195-pound Howard was a five-star quarterback signee in LSU’s class of 2022 out of Lafayette (La.) St. Thomas More.  He was rated as the nation’s No. 1 dual-threat QB by ESPN.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

The 6-foot-1, 195-pound Howard was a five-star quarterback signee in LSU’s class of 2022 out of Lafayette (La.) St. Thomas More.  He was rated as the nation’s No. 1 dual-threat QB by ESPN.

This was the one I was hoping would jump in, kid will be a serious player.  Legacy LSU (father is Jamie Howard).   Wonder where Freeze is on this one...he's a phenomenal dual threat.

2 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

This was the one I was hoping would jump in, kid will be a serious player.  Legacy LSU (father is Jamie Howard).   Wonder where Freeze is on this one...he's a phenomenal dual threat.

Well, every single person in the world is now saying he’s going to TCU. He jumps to the portal and an hour later already knows where he’s going. That was fast. 
this what we needed. 

17 minutes ago, TigerVII said:

If RA is the starting QB for the 2023 season, we will be fortunate to win 6 football games.  I know it, you know it, and Coach Hugh Freeze knows it.

We just have to be patient until the right transfer QB becomes available and signs with AU.

I am not as dismissive about RA as most. I factor in that he played with multiple injuries after the Missouri game. He was playing behind a less than stellar oline and running for his life half the time. The scheme that he was trying to run didn’t even fit his skillset. 

Then there is Holden are we just gonna completely overlook him. We know the conditions weren’t ideal for him to play last year. IMO Holden has to be at least QB2 or he is probably gone. 
The ideal situation is for RA or Holden to take a leap and be multi year starters.

• Like 4

We’ve got Finley coming back for the team and we all know he’s not the answer.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Well, every single person in the world is now saying he’s going to TCU. He jumps to the portal and an hour later already knows where he’s going. That was fast. 
this what we needed. 

Probably because he already had a deal in place? No?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

this what we needed. 

A lot of knowledgeable LSU people believed he was the best QB on the roster this year.  Tremendous get for TCU...I believe he will light up the Big 12.

Edited by PowerOfDixieland

16 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

this what we needed. 

Kinda like we did with the LSU LB.   I was hoping they had talked.   We need an elite QB like this kid.   

10 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

A lot of knowledgeable LSU people believed he was the best QB on the roster this year.  Tremendous get for TCU...I believe he will light up the Big 12.

I would need to see him play because Nussmeir pardon the spelling looked pretty darn good to me. In the Georgia game he was able to find holes in their secondary. Maybe OSU saw that on tape 

Edited by e808

8 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

That would be AUsome!!!

Yes it would. HE is a massive guy and handles those doubles very well at the 0/NT. He isn't going to rack up sacks but he is good enough to command attention. Is a unit for sure.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Steve Wiltfong just CBed Justin Rogers to AU. I hope we get him. What an addition that would be! 

https://247sports.com/player/justin-rogers-91684/

image.thumb.png.134ea7ef5bccb8447c04f2617b9f8df1.png

Holy moly. 

Let’s see if he visits Alabama this weekend. If he does, we won’t get him. If he does not visit, then that would be incredible.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Jamie Howard

QB for the 94 Interception Game at JHS.  I remember that game well, it was one of the craziest games I have ever been to. 

I think Howard threw like 6 interceptions????  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

They win state titles all the time.  My kids would have likely gone there if I still lived there.  5 mins from my  house lol.  

2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Holy moly. 

Let’s see if he visits Alabama this weekend. If he does, we won’t get him. If he does not visit, then that would be incredible.

They can't visit anymore

3 hours ago, TigerVII said:

I disagree. 

337 yards passing against LSU
24-33 for 285 against Ole Miss
108 yards rushing 2 TDs against MSU
127 yards rushing 2 TDs against Bama

Those are flashes of elite play against SEC competition. Now at times, he looked absolutely dreadful. But for a freshman to have games like that, with a bad supporting cast and bad coaching scheme, it says he’s got legit talent.

I think if used the right way, he could be just as effective as Nick Marshall. Or at least close to it. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

QB for the 94 Interception Game at JHS.  I remember that game well, it was one of the craziest games I have ever been to. 

I think Howard threw like 6 interceptions????  

I was right in the middle of the LSU section at that game. Was miserable the first 3 qtrs and they were in our ear. With 2 mins left my wife was pulling me back to my seat because i had my shaker in every one of their faces. One of the best games I've ever been a part of. Of course 89 IB was the best.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

If we are going to train one might as well train Geriner

• Like 6