2023 Recruiting Hot-Board

Zeek

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Sounds like something may be coming today. Appearantly people at LSU & Bama see AU as the favorite.

Yep. Some thought it may come last night. We really need it to come today. Jhoke said he was close to committing to AU sooner rather than later last night. We have to get him locked in before he takes this weekend visit to Bama. If he goes he likely doesn't come back. Lock him up HCBHF

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I hate to say it, but I find this to be the worst case scenario for AU. The quarterbacks are not going to be touched in spring practice or in the spring games. Finley has proven that he can win practice just about every time. When the actual lights go on, he crumbles.
The last thing we need is for him to win the starting job… again. 
I just want a fresh start for everybody.

I know this is a Recruiting thread, and there is a thread about this already on the football board, just wanted to throw in my .2 which is probably not going to be popular. 
back to recruiting!!!😀

Freeze and staff won't be fooled

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

If none of our current QB's just have a great spring and flat out win the job or if we could find an elite Edge we could turn a very very good Portal class into a homerun Portal class.  

100% agree.

We've done a good job of covering a lot of our bases.  Spring we'll be able to be pretty laser/NIL focused on QB/EDGE.  Hopefully get some contributors

Edited by W.E.D

49 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Yep. Some thought it may come last night. We really need it to come today. Jhoke said he was close to committing to AU sooner rather than later last night. We have to get him locked in before he takes this weekend visit to Bama. If he goes he likely doesn't come back. Lock him up HCBHF

Hopefully Hoke didn't jinx it like he has a tendency to do sometimes. lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Hopefully Hoke didn't jinx it like he has a tendency to do sometimes. lol

Feels like bama setting us up to steal the momentum somewhat to me. Hope I’m wrong.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I read in the comments here yesterday that the players in the portal can't take visits now. The portal is still open but the last day for the portal players to take visits ended a few days ago. I haven't looked that up but if it's true then that would help us a ton if he can't visit Tuscaloosa this weekend.

16 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I read in the comments here yesterday that the players in the portal can't take visits now. The portal is still open but the last day for the portal players to take visits ended a few days ago. I haven't looked that up but if it's true then that would help us a ton if he can't visit Tuscaloosa this weekend.

I wondered the same thing

• Like 1

OM ON3 just said Austin Keys is visiting AU this weekend
I know people on this thread said that we cannot have visitors but I’m in just telling you what they are saying.

also, Alabama is hoping that Justin Rogers will still visit this weekend. Let’s hope not. 

Edited by gr82b4au
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I know people on this thread said that we cannot have visitors but I’m in just telling you what they are saying.

also, Alabama is hoping that Justin Rogers will still visit this weekend. Let’s hope not. 

I looked it up just now and they can still visit. We can just cross our fingers and hope he chooses the good guys before this weekend. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

QB for the 94 Interception Game at JHS.  I remember that game well, it was one of the craziest games I have ever been to. 

I think Howard threw like 6 interceptions????  

We had like one first down in the second half.   We turned the ball over with under 2 minutes to go and I told my friend that the game was over that Hallman wasn't stupid enough to call another pass play.   Boy did he prove me wrong.   One of the craziest games I have ever been too.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

The visit window opens back up for this weekend.  The 247 and On3 guys have been saying that for the past week or so.  The dead period was only during this week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Feels like bama setting us up to steal the momentum somewhat to me. Hope I’m wrong.

Or he let info out again the staff didn't want him too.

• Love 1

44 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I looked it up just now and they can still visit.

@TeamZero77 Where did you find info on that? I've been looking for a couple weeks and found nothing.

20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@TeamZero77 Where did you find info on that? I've been looking for a couple weeks and found nothing.

I saw it somewhere on this website somewhere. Not sure where though and not smart enough to search. Lol…The dead period ends the 13th. Which is Friday. So everything as far as recruiting and visits should be back to normal?!?!

Edited by TXaubie

Wow, maybe one more OL & LB, and a QB, and I feel pretty good about heading into next year. And even if this is it, it's light years ahead of what I thought was possible pre-Feeze. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TeamZero77 said:

I looked it up just now and they can still visit. We can just cross our fingers and hope he chooses the good guys before this weekend. 

41 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yeah not a lot of info out there, you think it would be. JLee and a few other mods have said we are in a dead period for transfers and they can't visit this weekend. 

Maybe they are wrong

• Like 1

Well, I had a connected Alabama guy talk to me about an hour ago, saying that Alabama was still trying to get him to just visit this weekend and they were expecting him to visit. He was pretty confident. 
oops. 

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah not a lot of info out there, you think it would be. JLee and a few other mods have said we are in a dead period for transfers and they can't visit this weekend. 

Thanks! I'll give it a rest on searching for it. lol