2023 Recruiting Hot-Board

Zeek

Yeah, all the sudden the linebackers have hit the portal with a vengeance. 

we need the same thing to happen with quarterbacks today hahaha

I still think that we take keys and try to go after one of these other LBs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@BigBlue Not necessarily. If we can find ones we like we may take 2 more edges & 2 more LBs. Plus the staff would still like another transfer DB with multiple years left to play.

A former 5* DB, Jaheim Singletary, with multiple years left to play entered from UGa today as well. Hopefully he's friends with Sorey. I know we're stacked in the secondary, but we'll lose a lot of bodies after next year. 

https://www.on3.com/db/jaheim-singletary-52938/

Edited by HAPvsOA

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

Yeah, all the sudden the linebackers have hit the portal with a vengeance. 

we need the same thing to happen with quarterbacks today hahaha

I still think that we take keys and try to go after one of these other LBs. 

Yeah, no kidding on QBs. But my guess that won't happen until after spring practice once they know where they are on their respective depth chart. 

11 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

I’m wondering if the staff has ideas of sliding one of these many new LB targets into the edge role. Just thinking out loud. 

I was wondering the same thing 

5 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

t Hugh seems to be preparing for  2024 and beyond.   Only 7ish portal players so far only have 1 year eligibility left,  and they already have back ups that will be starters in 2024.

Don't get me wrong,  he has filled some major needs for 2023,  and we will hopefully see the fruit of this recruiting season quickly.  BUT...  It may take a while to build team chemistry with all the new players.  It may take a while for some of the players to learn the system/playbook.  I know Hugh sees this,  and  It looks to me like CHF is setting the team up for a 2024 and beyond juggernaut.    

Which also happens to be when the playoff expands.

10 hours ago, W.E.D said:

We've got a better option.

The guy I linked is 33 tackles away from being the all-time leader in tackles at Oregon State. If we have better options so be it but he is not bad by any stretch of the imagination. Kind of exciting to be back in the game if you ask me. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

After this weekend, we'll know what we have going into spring.  With the visitors on campus this weekend, how many more do you think we end up snagging in the next three days?  I'll say two and they'll both be LB's.

If that is the case, I would feel pretty good on the defensive side of the ball.  Could probably use another Edge, but a freshly minted LB could slide over into that role if needed.

On the offensive side of the ball, I think we would still be shy three.  1- QB, 1-WR, and 1- IOL.  Transfers picked up after A-game with arrival after May graduation.  Would love it if it was McCall after graduation, as some have mentioned.

Are we looking at getting any more HS guys at late signing period besides Cobb?

39 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Probably Keys 

Somebody toss me the keys to our line backing core

my favorite artist is Alicia Keys

That was dumb 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, roe4christ said:

After this weekend, we'll know what we have going into spring.  With the visitors on campus this weekend, how many more do you think we end up snagging in the next three days?  I'll say two and they'll both be LB's.

If that is the case, I would feel pretty good on the defensive side of the ball.  Could probably use another Edge, but a freshly minted LB could slide over into that role if needed.

On the offensive side of the ball, I think we would still be shy three.  1- QB, 1-WR, and 1- IOL.  Transfers picked up after A-game with arrival after May graduation.  Would love it if it was McCall after graduation, as some have mentioned.

Are we looking at getting any more HS guys at late signing period besides Cobb?

Roe we are still 53 players short. 

Is there a list of possible visitors for this weekend?   I haven’t seen anything.   
I know last weekend we got 2 commitments from guys I had no idea were even visiting, so not sure it will be extremely helpful.   But still, I like lists.  🤷‍♂️

Just now, AUinMS9528 said:

Is there a list of possible visitors for this weekend?   I haven’t seen anything.   
I know last weekend we got 2 commitments from guys I had no idea were even visiting, so not sure it will be extremely helpful.   But still, I like lists.  🤷‍♂️

We have several visitors including a couple of linebackers we really need.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

(My source - @toddc)

List:

a couple linebackers 

(hope this helps ;) )

• Haha 4

Not that it really matters but dayum is 247 slow with counting TP players in rankings. You can tell a player hasn’t been counted when it only has one rating next to their names. Every other TP player besides Rodgers we’ve signed has two ratings next to their names.