2023 Recruiting Hot-Board

Zeek

3 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

That should probably wrap it up with the portal until May. 

I’m holding out hope that Nick Jackson commits.  I think QB, WR and another Edge and IOL would be targeted in May if the right targets hit the portal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

According to JLee we do not expect any visitors today. 

I would take what these guys say with a massive grain of salt from now on. Not saying he's wrong. Just saying

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AUinMS9528 said:

I think my phone is broken.   I can’t find the list of today’s commitments.   
🤣🤣🤣

There has been a phenomenal amount of work done by CHF, his coaches and the Staff. Very amazing!
It doesn’t mean that we will go undefeated next year; however, it does mean we are heading in the direction and excitement for the future is back.

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, AUwent said:

J Lee seems to be hinting that a new QB has entered the picture.

Not sure but I suspect he’s referring to the ‘24 QB Walker White.  He’s coming in for an unofficial visit tomorrow.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dilligas said:

Not sure but I suspect he’s referring to the ‘24 QB Walker White.  He’s coming in for an unofficial visit tomorrow.

Doubt it since he’s talking portal. 

• Like 1

There is something seriously wrong if we can't land a transfer QB, though I have more confidence in the staff than I did a month ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 2

55 minutes ago, AUwent said:

There is something seriously wrong if we can't land a transfer QB, though I have more confidence in the staff than I did a month ago.

Freeze cant fix every position overnight. McCall set us back and we got in late on some others probably due to that. The season hasnt started yet, so lets wait and see what happens. Weve also missed on some WRs probably due to the QB situation. With Freezes track record you can be assured these 2 positions will be taken care of in the future. Well, maybe you cant be assured.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Doubt it since he’s talking portal. 

Well on his live show tonight someone asked if there are any new portal QBs to watch and he said he didn’t know of any but he also said one could have visited without them knowing about it.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AUwent said:

Do you want it NOW, or do you want it RIGHT?

After the last year, I think we would be more patient

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, dilligas said:

Well on his live show tonight someone asked if there are any new portal QBs to watch and he said he didn’t know of any but he also said one could have visited without them knowing about it.  

It was the LSU QB added to the list

15 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

He is talking about Howard who never ended up visiting. 

Just because JLee or any other beat writer doesn’t know something doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

No one knew Avery Jones visited under after he flipped.  These coaches are being tight lipped on some of these guys. 

Lee and Niebuhr even discussed this on their podcast today, how there has been a cloud of secrecy around QB recruiting. 

https://www.on3.com/teams/auburn-tigers/news/transfer-portal-talk-and-auburn-qb-recruiting-buzz-welcome-to-inside-the-20-episode-37/

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Just because JLee or any other beat writer doesn’t know something doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

No one knew Avery Jones visited under after he flipped.  These coaches are being tight lipped on some of these guys. 

Lee and Niebuhr even discussed this on their podcast today, how there has been a cloud of secrecy around QB recruiting. 

https://www.on3.com/teams/auburn-tigers/news/transfer-portal-talk-and-auburn-qb-recruiting-buzz-welcome-to-inside-the-20-episode-37/

I like the cloud of secrecy….because some have said Auburn has lost recruits because it was leaked they were visiting or visited. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

I like the cloud of secrecy….because some have said Auburn has lost recruits because it was leaked they were visiting or visited. 

Yep, and really good point they made about NIL and making the player more high profile thus adding more competition.  

Like how Freeze flipped Jones.  Genius.  Keep it super quiet and don’t give Bielema a chance to respond.  

We don’t have to know everything.  I know we want to know but sometimes it’s best we don’t know at times. 

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

Yep, and really good point they made about NIL and making the player more high profile thus adding more competition.  

Like how Freeze flipped Jones.  Genius.  Keep it super quiet and don’t give Bielema a chance to respond.  

We don’t have to know everything.  I know we want to know but sometimes it’s best we don’t know at times. 

Who doesn’t like a good surprise?😎

I think it will be a little easier to avoid some of the speculation interference and borderline panic once we aren’t feeling quite as desperate as a fan base. 

Our roster has had so many holes that needed to be filled now for several years that we just need some time (once we get there) to embrace adding a shiny new toy to the team vs a major roster rebuild. 

At least I can dream. 

On 1/14/2023 at 8:36 PM, AUinMS9528 said:

Probably not.   🤞

Here's a list of Top 10 Offensive Players left in the portal. I assume we're not in it for any of them and that Sanders will still end up at Ole Miss. But perhaps y'all know something I don't. 

https://www.on3.com/transfer-portal/news/college-football-transfer-portal-10-offensive-players-still-in-portal-who-can-help-in-2023/