2023 Recruiting Hot-Board

Zeek

5 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

3 players that just entered the portal…

WR - Dominick Blaylock (UGA)

WR - AD Mitchell (UGA)

LB - Demouy Kennedy (UAT)

I’d take all 3!

Can you afford all three though, thats the question.

39 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

WR - AD Mitchell (UGA)

I’d take all 3!

awfully late to be entering portal right now....should have done it sooner or just wait til after spring practice

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

awfully late to be entering portal right now....should have done it sooner or just wait til after spring practice

The deadline is tomorrow 

27 minutes ago, woodford said:

According to 247 Sports Auburn is ranked higher than Colorado in the portal rankings 🤣

Oh, I don’t think it is even close. 

• Like 2

Interesting to see so many do it after the deadline to be eligible for spring ball. 

19 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

WR - AD Mitchell (UGA)

I’d take all 3!

I hope we've contacted all three. Ready for spring to get here so the portal can open up again 😎

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

The claim was made, more than once, here on this board that five former 5* players had committed to go wherever Sanders was hired. I asked for names but of course none were made available. Sadly they said, AU would simply miss out on the greatest recruiter ever in history if we didn't hire Sanders.

What he's remarking on is that all that stuff wasn't true, as anybody with a lick of sense knew from the start.

That and the reports that over 200 recruits and portal transfers had reached out (including many 4 & 5 stars) within 12 hours of him being announced.  I didn't buy it then nor do I buy it now.  

According to 247, the CU high school class has (3) 4* guys and no 5's.  The transfer class has (1) 5* and (3) 4* guys.  

• Like 6

Let me suggest the apparent media presumption that Colorado football ever had anything LIKE an NIL fund to pull in a world class portal haul was always lunacy and it assumed Deion's cult of personality would do the trick.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Mikey said:

The claim was made, more than once, here on this board that five former 5* players had committed to go wherever Sanders was hired. I asked for names but of course none were made available. Sadly they said, AU would simply miss out on the greatest recruiter ever in history if we didn't hire Sanders.

What he's remarking on is that all that stuff wasn't true, as anybody with a lick of sense knew from the start.

There is still a thread on the Nest about Deion that just will not seem to die.  

Personally I have not been impressed so far with his recruiting approach.  Doesn’t seem like he wants to pound pavement and make the effort to get out on the road, he just wants to tweet and hope the recruits come find him. 

1 hour ago, JuscAUse! said:

I don't believe the portal ever really closes at this point. 

It does.  There are two windows….one is 45 days and one is 15.  

The first portal window opened 12/5 and closes today (1/19).  The second window will open May 1-15 after spring workouts.  

The players can only officially enter their names into the portal during those windows, but they can of course announce they are going to at any time.  They just can’t be recruited until they do.   They can also commit to new programs outside those windows if they are in the portal. 

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Let me suggest the apparent media presumption that Colorado football ever had anything LIKE an NIL fund to pull in a world class portal haul was always lunacy and it assumed Deion's cult of personality would do the trick.

It seems as if Deion failing at Colorado will validate something for a few posters here. Not sure why because he was never going to be the coach here. I hope he does well, and remember recruiting is often about established relationships so I anticipate his recruiting there to get a lot better as he builds relationships with younger prospects. I see the same happening with Freeze as well. Both coaches are very good recruiters, and salesman.  I hope Freeze gets Auburn back in the Championship convo and I hope Deion can do the same at Colorado. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

High school stars mean nothing after you get to college. DK has barely played at all in 2 years at Bama. Not sure it would be wise to take him. He may have been vastly overrated.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

It does.  There are two windows….one is 45 days and one is 15.  

The first portal window opened 12/5 and closes today (1/19).  The second window will open May 1-15 after spring workouts.  

The players can only officially enter their names into the portal during those windows, but they can of course announce they are going to at any time.  They just can’t be recruited until they do.   They can also commit to new programs outside those windows if they are in the portal. 

Oh, I get that. I'm just thinking that "unofficially -off the record-you can talk to my uncle Sal or my HS coach anytime" never stops if someone decides to leave during the dead period. That's why so many already have a place to go before they officially enter the portal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

It seems as if Deion failing at Colorado will validate something for a few posters here. Not sure why because he was never going to be the coach here. I hope he does well, and remember recruiting is often about established relationships so I anticipate his recruiting there to get a lot better as he builds relationships with younger prospects. I see the same happening with Freeze as well. Both coaches are very good recruiters, and salesman.  I hope Freeze gets Auburn back in the Championship convo and I hope Deion can do the same at Colorado. 

For me, it's just interesting when you insult your entire (new) team and tell them to hit the portal because he's "bringing his own luggage, and it's louis vuitton"--only for you to recruit like that. And I say that as someone that wanted him here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

For me, it's just interesting when you insult your entire (new) team and tell them to hit the portal because he's "bringing his own luggage, and it's louis vuitton"--only for you to recruit like that. And I say that as someone that wanted him here

Full disclosure - I quit football in the 9th grade . There was way too much happening in the 70s to turn my head, let's say. And I fancied myself a basketball player at 5'10" with no 3 point line. Obviously not a Rhodes scholar. However, I remember my coaches and my younger brothers HIGH SCHOOL coaches . They seem to think their job was to cull the herd and run people off. I was not bothered by Prime's speech at all. It's a different era I guess. 

Oh. Check out some of the speeches Pat Dye and the Coaches of that era gave to new players. It'll blow your mind.

7 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

I hope Freeze gets us in the championship convo as well. I couldn't care less what Deion does at Colorado, or anywhere else for that matter.

• Like 1