2023 Recruiting Hot-Board

Zeek

7 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

It does.  There are two windows….one is 45 days and one is 15.  

The first portal window opened 12/5 and closes today (1/19).  The second window will open May 1-15 after spring workouts.  

The players can only officially enter their names into the portal during those windows, but they can of course announce they are going to at any time.  They just can’t be recruited until they do.   They can also commit to new programs outside those windows if they are in the portal. 

Which means anyone still in portal now can be had, just for us will be after spring.

7 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

It seems as if Deion failing at Colorado will validate something for a few posters here. Not sure why because he was never going to be the coach here. I hope he does well, and remember recruiting is often about established relationships so I anticipate his recruiting there to get a lot better as he builds relationships with younger prospects. I see the same happening with Freeze as well. Both coaches are very good recruiters, and salesman.  I hope Freeze gets Auburn back in the Championship convo and I hope Deion can do the same at Colorado. 

It’s still all about the money for higher rated recruits. We need to keep building here abd I imagine Colorado has farther to go.

On 1/19/2023 at 11:45 AM, aucanucktiger said:

Let me suggest the apparent media presumption that Colorado football ever had anything LIKE an NIL fund to pull in a world class portal haul was always lunacy and it assumed Deion's cult of personality would do the trick.

Last I heard was Colorado was having to scramble to pay Deion’s salary. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wareagle19580 said:

Faulk has been moved up to a 5 ️ on Rivaks✝️✝️✝️

The Auburn Bump!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Cobb in at number 10

Edited by toddc
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AUDaddio said:

LS - Keaton McNutt 2024 from East Coweta, GA will visit AU this weekend. He is #1 LS in Georgia and is 4.5 star prospect in kicking world.  Would be a great pickup for a little talked about but important position.

We will have to battle Gus for this one unfortunately...    lol

10 hours ago, AUnCullman said:

That's an easy win. Just show him a pic of Gus picking & I think eating his boogers.

• Haha 6
  • Facepalm 1

57 minutes ago, AUnCullman said:

I know it is not the glamorous positions we all like to hear about, but a bad long snap can have huge implications in a game.  If we can pickup a high quality recruit in that position, I would hope we would put forth our best effort.  He is a high character kid as well.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AUnCullman said:

Tell him in he'll have to start at  OT if he goes to UCF

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, AUnCullman said:

That is one position Gus can recruit. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

Jr day is this weekend, right?   Do we have a list of likely visitors?

I know this is the 23 hot board, not 24.   But if we can talk about Gus’ stellar eye for long snappers, I figure I can slip in a question about juniors.  🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Jr day is this weekend, right?   Do we have a list of likely visitors?

I know this is the 23 hot board, not 24.   But if we can talk about Gus’ stellar eye for long snappers, I figure I can slip in a question about juniors.  🤣🤣🤣

There’s a whole thread on it in here. The ones who confirmed on Twitter mostly listed. But there’s many more coming.

Just now, toddc said:

There’s a whole thread on it in here. The ones who confirmed on Twitter mostly listed. But there’s many more coming.

It’s in the nest though.

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

18 hours ago, bigbird said:

Tell him in he'll have to start at  OT if he goes to UCF

No, just tell him he'll be playing on the O-line at Auburn. He'll respond with "DUH, that's where I expect to play".

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

No, just tell him he'll be playing on the O-line at Auburn. He'll respond with "DUH, that's where I expect to play".

thats-funny-michael-che.gif 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Good thing we have a general rule of “no personal attacks”. If we did we wouldn’t have anything to view.

fR7OTxe.gif

• Haha 3