2023 Recruiting Hot-Board

Zeek

12 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Why would he intentionally miss spring. That makes no sense

No clue but from his exit interviews doesn’t seem like he is in any hurry at all and says he has a lot of schools (apparently) to look at.  🤷🏼‍♀️

5 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

<looks at @AEAugirl>

You can blame Steve Wiltfong for that one 😂 I had no idea this was a secret and once he tweeted it, it spread like fire. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Why would he intentionally miss spring. That makes no sense

He's been at Stanford for four years. They aren't known for common sense around there.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

No clue but from his exit interviews doesn’t seem like he is in any hurry at all and says he has a lot of schools (apparently) to look at.  🤷🏼‍♀️

He has a month.

He could wait until the end to figure it out and enroll for spring practice. I'm sure any coach will push for that 

We had a great day with the results of the visitors on campus this weekend.  Questions:  Do we expect to get more commitments tomorrow (Monday), now that the visitors are back home and had time to talk with parents?  Will Monday-Wednesday be where we see a majority of who we will get from transfer and ESD happen?

• Like 1

Rouse is a four year starter who will have many options.  He said he entered the portal on Thursday.  That means the staff contacted him and he ends up on a plane the next day to travel nearly 3000 miles to make a visit.  His first visit anywhere.  Does that sound like he might be interested???  Im surprised he did not roll his eyes at the interviewer when asked and say "YAAAA think?????"

Might want to lighten up a little bit.  He needs to look around, he will probably sign and be in for spring, he knows the importance of it as much as any on this board.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Remember the first transfer portal window is open for another couple of weeks, thus Im certain many of the transfers have a few other visits to take.  It was amazing to see so many of them take their first visit to us as soon as the portal opened, very encouraging.  

I did like the comment from one of the recruiting fellas.  He said you walk around the facility/campus youu see these high school recruits looking quite impressive, then you see these portal lineman and say...now there are some full grown men!

• Like 1

On 12/18/2022 at 11:00 AM, Zeek said:

Mississippi State RB Dillon Johnson

NCST QB Devin Leary

Mississippi State WR Rara Thomas

FIU TE Rivaldo Fairweather 

Arizona State IOL Ben Scott 

Stanford OT Walter Rouse

Tulsa OT Dillon Wade

Arizona DT Dion Wilson

Vanderbilt EDGE Elijah McAlister

Oklahoma State EDGE Trace Ford

4* OT Izavion Miller

3* NB Braeden Marshall

Are just some names I expect us to land. A bunch of them are on visits right now 

Brother, I hope you are right. 

• Like 3

Anything about this 5* out of HS O-lineman from Kentucky who's just entered the transfer portal yesterday or the day before? Kiyaunta Goodwin 

https://www.si.com/college/kentucky/football/prized-kentucky-kiyaunta-goodwin-enter-transfer-portal

Edited by AUINSY

43 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

Anything about this 5* out of HS O-lineman from Kentucky who's just entered the transfer portal yesterday or the day before? Kiyaunta Goodwin 

https://www.si.com/college/kentucky/football/prized-kentucky-kiyaunta-goodwin-enter-transfer-portal

I’ll donate $100 to his NIL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUINSY said:

His OL coach that recruited him to Kentucky is at Alabama, so my money is on them.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

His OL coach that recruited him to Kentucky is at Alabama, so my money is on them.

poop...good info, thanks Cam

Kayin Lee with a CB to AU. I’m definitely feeling less good about recruiting today than yesterday but there’s one nugget of encouragement. Hoping for a comprehensive post on where we stand tomorrow.

Edited by AUwent
  • Haha 1

I''m feeling great about it!

We are way ahead of where i dreamed we could be.  Our most pressing needs were the OL.  Those are being handled.  A stud QB is icing on the cake.  I think we would be way better off today with RA and Geriner and these coaches than we were a year ago, by far, if we have an OL.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

I''m feeling great about it!

We are way ahead of where i dreamed we could be.  Our most pressing needs were the OL.  Those are being handled.  A stud QB is icing on the cake.  I think we would be way better off today with RA and Geriner and these coaches than we were a year ago, by far, if we have an OL.

We are going to need to start landing consensus 4*s next year though.

14 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Recruiting compared to just 2 weeks ago is going fantastic. Give this staff a full year and see what happens

Yeah top 20 class will do this year. Next year and beyond needs to be at least around the top 10.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 2

Some of y’all are real glass half empty folks. Must be awesome company at all kind of parties, games, and other events lol. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Was hoping to get 1 or 2 transfer commitments today and again tomorrow leading into ESD on Wednesday to keep the momentum going.  Had a great day yesterday, and a little quiet today.  Maybe tomorrow will be big.

• Like 1

QB Marcel Reed just de-committed from Ole Miss. We just offered Hank Brown so I’m guessing Reed may be TAMU bound. 

Edited by Gowebb11

49 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

QB Marcel Reed just de-committed from Ole Miss. We just offered Hank Brown so I’m guessing Reed may be TAMU bound. 

Yep, Texas A&M.  And after going on and on about how massive their NIL fund was, they are on this guy’s Twitter landblasting him about NIL 😂

Just now, AEAugirl said:

Yep, Texas A&M.  And after going on and on about how massive their NIL fund was, they are on this guy’s Twitter landblasting him about NIL 😂

Saw that. Lol. What a whiny 8!#$: LK is. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Former Liberty commit

Watched his film he made some really nice throws. I always have to temper my praise as highlight films are only going to show the best throws and decisions but he would be a solid HS QB pickup.