Trump’s Big Announcement or He Is Done

I_M4_AU

As long as we do not have to admit that an entire political party was wrong, got conned, actually looked in the mirror and didn't like what the saw.

Or, was it just about the midterms?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

As long as we do not have to admit that an entire political party was wrong, got conned, actually looked in the mirror and didn't like what the saw.

Or, was it just about the midterms?

That con didn’t really start until after the 2020 election.  Trump did some good things for America during his administration.  Since the election he has gone pure ego and is unattractive as a political candidate.

It was obvious during the midterms as he tried to push some bad candidates for senate/representatives, etc.

54 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

https://www.cnet.com/culture/donald-trumps-nft-collection-sells-out-raising-4-45m/?utm_source=reddit.com

Trump's "major announcement" of an NFT collection featuring himself was widely derided. But all 45,000 pieces sold in 12 hours.

These pundits in the tweets above always fail (or intentionally tries to disregard) to see that Trump is still the number one in a lot of their base. DeStantis may be gaining, but Trump still dominates.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

These pundits in the tweets above always fail (or intentionally tries to disregard) to see that Trump is still the number one in a lot of their base. DeStantis may be gaining, but Trump still dominates.

In a poll regarding potential Republican nominees for president in 2024, the Florida governor, Ron DeSantis, led Donald Trump by a whopping 23 points

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/dec/14/desantis-trump-2024-republican-presidential-poll

Former President Donald Trump unloaded Thursday on polling showing Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis beating him in a head-to-head matchup for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination.

"Great polling has just come out on me versus various others, including [President Joe] Biden, but I still have to put up with the same old 'stuff' from The Wall Street Journal, which has lost an incalculable amount of influence over the years, and Fox News, whose polls on me have been seriously WRONG from the day I came down the escalator in Trump Tower" to announce his first run, Trump said on his Truth Social platform. 

DeSantis led Trump 52% to 38% in the Wall Street Journal survey, which was released Wednesday. Fox News reported on the Wall Street Journal poll and a USA Today/Suffolk University poll that showed DeSantis up 56% to 33% over Trump in a one-on-one test.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/trump-lashes-polls-showing-ron-desantis-big-lead-rcna62000

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis soundly defeats former President Donald Trump in a hypothetical, one-on-one Republican presidential primary contest, according to a new poll out Wednesday.

DeSantis bests Trump 52% to 38% among likely GOP primary voters, the poll by The Wall Street Journal found.

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2022-12-14/poll-desantis-decisively-leads-trump-in-hypothetical-gop-primary-matchup

These polls show DeSantis with a large lead over Trump and these were taken before the *big announcement*.  I’m sorry to tell you, but Trump is circling  the drain.  I know Dems want Trump to run against, it just seems the Dems will not get their wish.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

That con didn’t really start until after the 2020 election.  Trump did some good things for America during his administration.  Since the election he has gone pure ego and is unattractive as a political candidate.

It was obvious during the midterms as he tried to push some bad candidates for senate/representatives, etc.

Oh well, self-awareness is obviously out of the question.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

In a poll regarding potential Republican nominees for president in 2024, the Florida governor, Ron DeSantis, led Donald Trump by a whopping 23 points

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/dec/14/desantis-trump-2024-republican-presidential-poll

Former President Donald Trump unloaded Thursday on polling showing Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis beating him in a head-to-head matchup for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination.

"Great polling has just come out on me versus various others, including [President Joe] Biden, but I still have to put up with the same old 'stuff' from The Wall Street Journal, which has lost an incalculable amount of influence over the years, and Fox News, whose polls on me have been seriously WRONG from the day I came down the escalator in Trump Tower" to announce his first run, Trump said on his Truth Social platform. 

DeSantis led Trump 52% to 38% in the Wall Street Journal survey, which was released Wednesday. Fox News reported on the Wall Street Journal poll and a USA Today/Suffolk University poll that showed DeSantis up 56% to 33% over Trump in a one-on-one test.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/trump-lashes-polls-showing-ron-desantis-big-lead-rcna62000

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis soundly defeats former President Donald Trump in a hypothetical, one-on-one Republican presidential primary contest, according to a new poll out Wednesday.

DeSantis bests Trump 52% to 38% among likely GOP primary voters, the poll by The Wall Street Journal found.

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2022-12-14/poll-desantis-decisively-leads-trump-in-hypothetical-gop-primary-matchup

These polls show DeSantis with a large lead over Trump and these were taken before the *big announcement*.  I’m sorry to tell you, but Trump is circling  the drain.  I know Dems want Trump to run against, it just seems the Dems will not get their wish.

Thanks for compiling the lists. I appreciate that, honestly. By all accounts, it sounds like DeSantis SHOULD be leading comfortably. However, I think Trump still has a grip over the base. I could very well be completely wrong, but I don't know. There were talks and polls of a red wave during the midterms and that tanked. 

Also, when you have Trump saying stuff like this: In his post, Trump showed a poll that he said was conducted by polling firm McLaughlin & Associates, which previously worked with Trump’s 2020 campaign, showing him at 58 percent compared to DeSantis at 36 percent when respondents were asked whom they would choose in a 2024 GOP presidential primary. 

“This is the McLaughlin & Associates POLL that just came out and which got it right in 2016 & 2020,” Trump said, further adding “unlike The WSJ, NBC Fake News, ABC Fake News, Fake Polling FOX NEWS, the dying and very sickly USA Today, and most others in the LameStream Media.”

“In other words, it is REAL POLLING. As you can see, we are leading by a lot, despite the never ending Communist (Democrat) WEAPONIZED ATTACKS on me and the GREAT PATRIOTS OF MAGA. More to come!!!”

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3777889-trump-blasts-polling-that-shows-desantis-surging-leading-by-a-lot-in-real-polling/

You could be right at the end, but when Trump makes statements like this, he's definitely going to play up the "fake news" and "drain the swamp" narrative when DeSantis inevitably announces and the GOP senate / representatives line up behind DeSantis. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

You could be right at the end, but when Trump makes statements like this, he's definitely going to play up the "fake news" and "drain the swamp" narrative when DeSantis inevitably announces and the GOP senate / representatives line up behind DeSantis. 

That pushback from Trump is expected and pure Trump.  Anything against him is just wrong.  DeSantis has not even thrown his hat in the ring and Trump is already worried.  No way Trump can keep the enthusiasm up from now to the primaries.  There will be other challengers and, hopefully, it will diminish his popularity.  One can only hope.

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

That pushback from Trump is expected and pure Trump.  Anything against him is just wrong.  DeSantis has not even thrown his hat in the ring and Trump is already worried.  No way Trump can keep the enthusiasm up from now to the primaries.  There will be other challengers and, hopefully, it will diminish his popularity.  One can only hope.

We don't agree much but I agree with you on Trump being like this. However, I still think Trump is a formidable candidate as much as I dislike him because of his base. Out of all potential challengers, only DeSantis and maybe Tim Scott -- that I think has a shot against Trump, but I still think Trump comes out of this as the GOP's chosen one. Unless the FBI gets him charged.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUDynasty said:

We don't agree much but I agree with you on Trump being like this. However, I still think Trump is a formidable candidate as much as I dislike him because of his base. Out of all potential challengers, only DeSantis and maybe Tim Scott -- that I think has a shot against Trump, but I still think Trump comes out of this as the GOP's chosen one. Unless the FBI gets him charged.

I hope your wrong, but understand where you are coming from.

I think the new NFTs are fabulous and, I would have bought one but, they were already sold out, the prices have already increased.  Great investment idea!

Can't wait for the next release coming out later this month!  MAGA Claus.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Get back to us after Desatin declares and starts going mano a mano against Trump on the campaign trail, catering to the exact same people.

The problem with the Republican party is not Trump, it's his supporters. And there's enough of them to nominate Trump, even if Desatin runs.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

https://www.cnet.com/culture/donald-trumps-nft-collection-sells-out-raising-4-45m/?utm_source=reddit.com

Trump's "major announcement" of an NFT collection featuring himself was widely derided. But all 45,000 pieces sold in 12 hours.

They're such a great way to part fools from their money I wish I'd gotten in on that grift

36 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Get back to us after Desatin declares and starts going mano a mano against Trump on the campaign trail, catering to the exact same people.

The problem with the Republican party is not Trump, it's his supporters.

You’re just as afraid of DeSantis as Trump is.  You guys are already trying to direct the narrative.

14 minutes ago, AUDub said:

They're such a great way to part fools from their money I wish I'd gotten in on that grift

Trump figured running for POTUS was a publicity and money raising opportunity from the beginning.  He never expected to actually win.

Just goes to show you how stupid his supporters are.

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You’re just as afraid of DeSantis as Trump is.  You guys are already trying to direct the narrative.

Yeah you got me. :rolleyes: I'm just trying to "direct the narrative" for the 2024 election.  (I'm that powerful!)

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Yeah you got me. :rolleyes: I'm just trying to "direct the narrative" for the 2024 election.  (I'm that powerful!)

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

In your mind.  Oh, and multiple icons really don’t impress.

"How lost is the RQP?

Here's who the (slightly) less crazy RQP'ers are depending on to rescue them from Trump:

https://thetriad.thebulwark.com/p/the-desantis-anti-vax-bull****

I am begging you to read Amanda Carpenter’s article about Ron DeSantis’s latest piece of performative governing. It’s fantastic.

Short version: DeSantis made a series of announcements this week about how he’s going to go after the Deep Science Big Elites or whatever by:

1. Seeking a grand jury to potentially prosecute the manufacturers of COVID vaccines.

2. Investigating “cardiac-related deaths” linked to COVID vaccines.

3. Standing up a “Public Health Integrity Committee” to oversee the medical establishment.

In a minute we’ll talk about the merits of these ideas. But let’s start with the fact that none of these proposals will amount to anything. Which is perfectly in line with the DeSantis modus operandi: big, performative, s***-stirring uses of government power—that are quickly (and quietly) walked back, overturned, or abandoned.

Remember the Stop WOKE Act? It was DeSantis’s big anti-CRT-in-schools legislation. (This was back when CRT was the most important issue facing the republic.) It was stopped by the courts because it is flatly and obviously unconstitutional.

Remember when DeSantis punished Disney for opposing his Don’t Say Gay law by revoking the company’s Reedy Creek special tax district? Yeah, that’s going by the wayside because it wasn’t thought out and would wind up costing Florida taxpayers money. The face-saving climbdown spin seems to be that DeSantis is reconsidering because Disney has changed CEOs and it was the old CEO whom he wanted to punish.1

And how about DeSantis’s mass “voter fraud” arrests, which managed to round up a bunch of people who don’t look like they live in the Villages on trumped-up voter-fraud charges? Yeah, those cases are falling apart in court because they had no basis in law.

Oh—and don’t forget the DeSantis promise to ship immigrants out of Florida after his stunt sending asylum seekers from Texas to Martha’s Vineyard blew up in his face.

This is what he does. And his anti-vaccine programs are no different.

No vaccine maker will be prosecuted in Florida.

There will be no peer-reviewed research showing that the risks of vaccine side effects were greater than the benefits.

A “Public Health Integrity Committee” will not interfere with the practice of medicine in Florida.

And that’s by design.

The impracticability of DeSantis’s abuses of power are a win-win situation for him with Republican voters. They’re the governing version of shitposting.

The MAGA nationalists get stroked by them. And by the time the abuse of power is countered, DeSantis has given them a tease in some other erogenous zone. He’s edging the MAGAs and they are into it.

As for Team Normal, they look at his abuses of power and say,

“See? Nothing ever comes of it. The system holds. The guardrails work. And he probably doesn’t even mean it. He’s just doing this performative stuff for the rubes. If anything, these performances are good because they’re helping him detach the base from Trump!”

Might DeSantis actually mean it? Or, if he doesn’t mean it now, is it possible that humans are mimetic creatures and the principle of fake-it-until-you-make can be true for both good and evil?

These concerns are dismissed out of hand.

Gotta support the team, bruh.

I do not and have not ever had a team. I’m not a joiner. I find the team aspect of politics at best corrupting and at worst dangerous. I despise people who will not tell you what they really think because they are working on a convoluted triple bank-shot in the hopes of helping their side.

We don’t do any of that at The Bulwark. We just say the thing. In part because that’s what people should do. But also because not saying what you really think is how we got onto this crummy timeline. We—collectively—indulged too many bad actors because they were on “our side”—whichever side that was.

The DeSantis stuff especially grinds my gears because he’s not shitposting on Twitter—he’s using the awesome power of the state to hurt real people. The alleged vote fraudsters? These were actual human beings with jobs and families. The asylum seekers from Venezuela he tricked into going to Martha’s Vineyard? They’re folks who braved unimaginable horrors to escape an ugly dictatorship.

And the COVID stuff? My God: More than a million Americans died from it. People still die from it every day. And DeSantis is playing games with this disease.

We don’t play games at The Bulwark. Come join us.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

In your mind.  Oh, and multiple icons really don’t impress.

I did that because they apparently impress you

And you're the one who claimed I was "redirecting the narrative", so that was obviously in your mind. 

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

I did that because they apparently impress you

And you're the one who claimed I was "redirecting the narrative", so that was obviously in your mind. 

:bs: :bs: :bs:

6 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Trump did some good things for America during his administration.  Since the election he has gone pure ego and is unattractive as a political candidate.

Trump is 100% the exact same man and personality that he was in 2015 when he first threw his hat into the political ring. 

The only difference now is that he's lost congress...he lost the 2020 election...and then his hand picked senate candidates mostly lost. Conservatives aren't turning against Trump because of his ego or his scandals or his grifting...those have always been apart of who he was. The difference is that now Trump is a 'loser' and, like Trump himself, many Republicans don't like 'losers'. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Trump is 100% the exact same man and personality that he was in 2015 when he first threw his hat into the political ring. 

The only difference now is that he's lost congress...he lost the 2020 election...and then his hand picked senate candidates mostly lost. Conservatives aren't turning against Trump because of his ego or his scandals or his grifting...those have always been apart of who he was. The difference is that now Trump is a 'loser' and, like Trump himself, many Republicans don't like 'losers'. 

Trump, in the 4 years he was in office, did some good things.  The last few months erased the good will he had built up in those 4 years.  Telling Georgians not to vote in the special election, picking bad candidates based on their backing his cause and now fund raising by selling cyber trading cards has been mistakes and people are seeing it.

The good he established is what the next Republican candidate for president can built upon.

• Haha 1