FIU TE Rivaldo Fairweather commits to Auburn

AEAugirl

20 minutes ago, toddc said:

Some people started hating on Bluey went kablooey so I’m trying a more disgusting meme. 😝 

Who do y’all want?

C3EC398C-DC95-42B5-BBC0-7F93E8CE3072.png

CF43C4B2-7211-4461-8B49-DE8A7D0DD7E9.jpeg

Maybe something with a Big Al theme???

• Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Some people started hating on Bluey went kablooey so I’m trying a more disgusting meme. 😝 

Who do y’all want?

I love them both! Lol!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, toddc said:

Who do y’all want?

I get Harsin PTSD from Bluey. Anything else will do lol. 

Okay, it's good to have recruits. And I'm not dissing on Fairweather. I'm sure he's a good, upstanding guy who works hard.

But I'm not sure why all the loud bluster.

He was ranked (247) as the 2,552 player, 338 in Florida, the 119 TE. He's 6'5 and 210 lbs - small for a TE. So some here say Freeze wants him as a WR, but has he actually played at WR?

I'm not dissing him, I just don't know him. Tell me what is special about him and why we should be really excited about his commitment to Auburn.

Edited by AURex

12 minutes ago, AURex said:

Okay, it's good to have recruits. And I'm not dissing on Fairweather. I'm sure he's a good, upstanding guy who works hard.

But I'm not sure why all the loud bluster.

He was ranked (247) as the 2,552 player, 338 in Florida, the 119 TE. He's 6'5 and 210 lbs - small for a TE. So some here say Freeze wants him as a WR, but has he actually played at WR?

I'm not dissing him, I just don't know him. Tell me what is special about him and why we should be really excited about his commitment to Auburn.

You may be looking at his high school profile.   He is ranked as high as the 13th best portal player out of 1,500+.   He is 250 plus.  Kid wanted to be a basketball player but quit growing at 6'5" and switched to football.   He only played high school football for 2 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

But why is he so special as a WR, which reports say CHF wants him to play? Just because he's 6'5"? I'm just asking, not criticizing the recruitment.

2 minutes ago, AURex said:

But why is he so special as a WR, which reports say CHF wants him to play? Just because he's 6'5"? I'm just asking, not criticizing the recruitment.

What reports are saying that.  All I have seen are message board posts stating an  opinion that is what CHF MIGHT be thinking.   No tangible or official  reports.

I'm just looking at the posts prior to mine saying CHF is recruiting him as a WR. I'm just trying to understand the excitement.

5 minutes ago, AURex said:

I'm just looking at the posts prior to mine saying CHF is recruiting him as a WR. I'm just trying to understand the excitement.

I can’t imagine anyone here can answer your question except for Hugh. Clearly he sees a great deal of value with this and I’m sure it fits in to his plan, whatever that plan may be. As far as general excitement goes with this (and any commitment at this point), I give you a bunch of recovering from Harsin survivors lol. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, miscram6 said:

Question: do portal transfers contribute to our recruiting rankings?

No they do not.

10 hours ago, StuckMic91 said:

Yes. I don’t know the formula but my understanding is that they do.

Transfers do not count in the recruiting rankings. Only high school and JUCO signees count.

247 sports has a separate ranking for transfers. Example, last year Ole' Miss was out of the top twenty in recruiting rankings but was second nationally in the transfer rankings. The two ranking systems are not combined and one system has no bearing on the other.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, AURex said:

Why would anyone think we are recruiting the top portal TE as a WR? When something doesn't make any sense it's probably not true.

FIU roster lists Fairweather at 6'-5 210 size of a big tall WR. Apparently more of a receiving TE. Most of our TEs are 240 to 250 primarily blockers. CHF may change that image for AU TEs.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

No they do not.

Transfers do not count in the recruiting rankings. Only high school and JUCO signees count.

247 sports has a separate ranking for transfers. Example, last year Ole' Miss was out of the top twenty in recruiting rankings but was second nationally in the transfer rankings. The two ranking systems are not combined and one system has no bearing on the other.

Thanks for clarifying. I saw 247 had 3 rankings. Overall, Composite, Transfer. I thought that one of the three combined the two. Appreciate the info!

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

No they do not.

I believe they also show a combined ranking, overall is the term they use. I believe it combines both.

Edited by Hank2020

8 hours ago, autan said:

FIU roster lists Fairweather at 6'-5 210 size of a big tall WR. Apparently more of a receiving TE. Most of our TEs are 240 to 250 primarily blockers. CHF may change that image for AU TEs.

I want 30 more lbs, 4.4 speed, and the hands of Jerry Rice.

2 hours ago, StuckMic91 said:

Thanks for clarifying. I saw 247 had 3 rankings. Overall, Composite, Transfer. I thought that one of the three combined the two. Appreciate the info!

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

I believe they also show a combined ranking, overall is the term they use. I believe it combines both.

The "composite" ranking is a new one on me. Last cycle there was no such thing, so I stand corrected. How are overall and composite different?

9 hours ago, autan said:

Upthread someone said his current size is 6'5", 250. Apparently he's grown a bit.

Keep him at TE.  Mismatch everywhere!  Freeze schemed for Evan Engram at Ole Miss.  Heck UGA TE is a mammoth.  Tough bringing a big TE down with sure hands and speed.

12 hours ago, AURex said:

. He's 6'5 and 210 lbs - small for a TE

That's his HS profile. 

FIU lists him at 245