Education Department Opens Federal Civil Rights Investigation Into a Texas School District's Banning of LGBTQ Books

CoffeeTiger

30 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I ran the numbers on the number of children 0-17 and got:

188K to 442K male, and

71.8K to 107.2K female.

I limited it to school age children in the US as that is what the curriculum is targeting.

I translated the numbers as versus American Population. 

According to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition, gender dysphoria prevalence accounts for 0.005–0.014% of the population for biological males and 0.002–0.003% for biological females.

I assumed general population.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1

On 1/30/2023 at 5:25 PM, I_M4_AU said:

Evanston–Skokie School District 65 has adopted a radical gender curriculum that teaches pre-kindergarten through third-grade students to celebrate the transgender flag, break the “gender binary” established by white “colonizers,” and experiment with neo-pronouns such as “ze,” “zir,” and “tree.”

I have obtained the full curriculum documents, which are part of the Chicago-area district’s “LGBTQ+ Equity Week,” which administrators adopted last year. The curriculum begins in pre-kindergarten, with a series of lessons on sexual orientation and gender identity. The lesson plan opens with an introduction to the rainbow flag and teaches students that “Each color in the flag has a meaning.” The teacher also presents the transgender flag and the basic concepts of gender identity, explaining that “we call people with more than one gender or no gender, non-binary or queer.” Finally, the lesson plan has the teacher leading a class project to create a rainbow flag, with instructions to “gather students on the rug,” “ask them to show you their flags,” and “proudly hang the class flag where they can all see it.”

In kindergarten, the lessons on gender and trans identity go deeper. “When we show whether we feel like a boy or a girl or some of each, we are expressing our GENDER IDENTITY,” the lesson begins. “There are also children who feel like a girl AND a boy; or like neither a boy OR a girl. We can call these children TRANSGENDER.” Students are expected to be able to “explain the importance of the rainbow flag and trans flag” and are asked to consider their own gender identity. The kindergartners read two books that affirm transgender conversions, study photographs of boys in dresses, learn details about the transgender flag, and perform a rainbow dance. At the end of the lesson, the students are encouraged to adopt and share their own gender identities with the class. “Now you have a chance to make a picture to show how YOU identify,” the lesson reads. “Maybe you want to have blue hair! Maybe you want to be wearing a necklace. Your identity is for YOU to decide!”

https://www.city-journal.org/radical-gender-lessons-for-young-children

It is being taught.

Be afraid.  Be angry.  Dehumanize.  An "equity week" is just the beginning.

• Facepalm 1

I’m not so sure grade school is the right place to teach gender equity but it might be a good place to teach what it is. Reference it, teach of its existence and how it relates to society and move onto the next chapter. College is a different story. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

I’m not so sure grade school is the right place to teach gender equity but it might be a good place to teach what it is. Reference it, teach of its existence and how it relates to society and move onto the next chapter. College is a different story. 

I suspect that is exactly what is being done currently (if it's addressed at all).

When I was a kid, the existence of homosexuality was never even mentioned.  This only increased their ostracization if not outright persecution IMO.

I also expect that wouldn't satisfy the hysterical opponents, like DeSantis (who - less face it - is using it for purely reasons).

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1