#3 JucoD-lineman Quientrel Jamison-Travis Committed

toddc

BREAKING: No. 3 JUCO DL Quientrail Jamison-Travis commits to Auburn

13 minutes ago

The first surprise of National Signing Day came here. 

On Tuesday afternoon Quientrail Jamison-Travisthe No. 13 player in the 247Sports JUCO rankings and No. 3 JUCO defensive lineman, committed to Auburn. Jamison-Travis had previously been offered by Auburn on Nov. 10, but not much else came out of it.

That is until Tuesday, when Jamison-Travis announced his commitment to Auburn.

"First I want to thank my family for everything they did for me and kept me pushing through thick and thin and been there and supported me from the start," Jamison-Travis said. "Also I want to thank the Iowa Western coaching staff they've been really great to me and the best JUCO coaches to play for. Thank y'all for helping me improve as a player and a man. I want to thank all the coaches who took time out their day to recruit me and showed me a lot of love through this process.

"With that being said I will be taking my talents and education to the University of Auburn."

The defensive line is a major need for Auburn, with just seven players — including edge rushers — projected to return from last year's team. From the high school ranks, 4-stars Darron Reed and Wilky Denaud are expected to sign on Wednesday. From the transfer portal, Auburn landed former Vanderbilt edge Elijah McAllister on Tuesday.

Since taking over as Auburn's defensive line coach, Jeremy Garrett has been busy on the road looking to bring in some pieces to the room. Jamison-Travis marks his first non-portal win.

19COMMENTS

At 6-foot-4, 280 pounds, Jamison-Travis is coming off a JUCO national championship with Iowa Western. This year he totaled 45 tackles and 8.5 sacks, including 3 tackles, 2.5 sacks and a forced fumble in the championship game.

The commitment of Jamison-Travis pushed Auburn up one spot to No. 25 in the 247Sports Composite team recruiting rankings. Auburn will hope he's not the last JUCO addition, with offensive tackles Izavion Miller and Isaiah Jatta also announcing their commitments on Wednesday.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Damn that University of Auburn.   They stole another one.   That has to be some sort of recruiting violation.   The kids never step foot on the University of Auburns campus and yet they commit to them.   I tell you something fishy is going on here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, AUTigerTime said:

Man I forgot what fun recruiting could be.

I've felt like the poor kid in the neighborhood who didn't get any presents the past couple years. 

This must be what Annie felt like when she  was adopted by Daddy Warbucks

• Zeek unpinned this topic