2023 Signees and Commitments

Zeek

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

It allows the REC to mobilize and change minds

I would hope the player would keep it quiet first and just surprise everyone on signing day, especially if he wants to be here

On 12/21/2022 at 8:33 AM, PoetTiger said:

I would hope the player would keep it quiet first and just surprise everyone on signing day, especially if he wants to be here

This one isn't on the player. Came from a staffer.

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The predictions didn't. The predictions allowed others to be alerted and get involved.  They did. He's now going to Bama 

Get involved? It’s a high stakes poker game with nil now. Wouldn’t he want bama to know he’s heavily flirting with other programs so they up their offer? Reads to me he didn’t necessarily want to flip just wanted a better nil deal from bama.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

This one isn't on the player. 

If he really wanted to go to AU he would be. He told 3 schools he was coming.

• Like 2

Poor Jason Caldwell from auburn 247. He said last night he was going to a commitment ceremony. I believe this was the one. And a hour before it starts he finds out it’s a huge waste of time.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Get involved? It’s a high stakes poker game with nil now. Wouldn’t he want bama to know he’s heavily flirting with other programs so they up their offer? Reads to me he didn’t necessarily want to flip just a better nil deal from bama.

His nickname is "Money" Mitchell. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

If he really wanted to go to AU he would be. He told 3 schools he was coming.

Man, I'm not trying to convince you of anything. Believe however you like.

• Like 1

At the end of the day. He is a grown man. A young grown man , but still grown. He smartly played the game right . Media is always going to be a part of the entertainment business. He is ultimately accountable for his decisions. No doubt he probably flirted with other programs hoping to secure the bag. He had the chips in his hand. If he couldn’t get to Bama, he would’ve just rode the Auburn wave. It’s his own choice and I am not mad at him for it.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

This one isn't on the player. 

To quote a movie and tie it all together with our theme "Let it Go".  

Stop raining on this moment and let's appreciate what IS happening for AU.

Coaches have worked hard and put us in a position to have a good day and if the snow falls right a Great day.

Stop focusing in negative. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

It being leaked that he was a possible flip the night before signing day didn't help us

That can't be a reason for losing a player. We have to sign them when there are leaks. Next year, there will be leaks and the year after that and the year after that. 

We got beat in recruiting that player, that is the reason.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUINSY said:

1.)It’s frustrating how things get leaked. 2.) I also don’t understand why it really matters 🤷‍♂️

It doesn't matter.  You either have a system set up to win or you dont.

1 minute ago, AUDaddio said:

To quote a movie and tie it all together with our theme "Let it Go".  

Stop raining on this moment and let's appreciate what IS happening for AU.

Coaches have worked hard and put us in a position to have a good day and if the snow falls right a Great day.

Stop focusing in negative. 

Damn, I’m already out of reactions. Tried to trophy this one. 🏆

There has been talk of a flip for 10 days.  It's been known.  Some mod making a prediction last night didn't all of a sudden make Bama change their mind and act on it.  They've known

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It will be interesting to see how he pans out after playing games with Auburn. There have been a good amount than didn’t work out (Ben Davis, Philon, Dee Liner, Benton, kid uncle who  was named peaches. Most recent Cohen. Here’s to a good day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Kid was a silent to us for two weeks. As of 4 yesterday he told us he was coming.  Some may scoff, but the predictions allowed things to be influenced.

There is no possible way around predictions.  You have to be able to sign a kid when there are predictions.  Basically, when a coveted Alabama player is trending Auburn, there should be no belief he is coming to Auburn.  This has been going on for 13 years now. 

I predict the same thing to happen next cycle and for the next 20 years.  

• Like 1

Hey, on the bright side, Freeze almost flipped a Bama commit weeks into the job.  All Harsin did was push current players out to other programs like Oregon.

I wouldn’t be surprised is Freeze can fully flip a Bama commit one year into the job.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Let's focus on who we ARE getting and not others. 

Who’s up next to sign? Where was that list from Auburn Underdover?

EDIT: found it - https://247sports.com/college/auburn/LongFormArticle/Auburn-Tigers-football-recruiting-signing-day-live-updates-200766188/#200766188_7

Edited by AUINSY