2023 Signees and Commitments

Zeek

• 2 weeks later...

I was (probably rather obnoxiously) not a fan of the hire because I felt Freeze would be too easy to build negative recruiting against. Obviously, I was very wrong on that. I'm still not looking forward to watching spread football again, but I can't say one bad thing about the job he's done recruiting. He's been the most methodical, on point recruiter to date that I can remember seeing at Auburn. He's turned an absolute disaster on the roster into a team that might actually push for 9 wins if everything goes well, and that would be coach of the year type results for me. I certainly think he still needs a QB and a few other pieces, but I didn't expect the level of success he and this staff have had. 

Crow don't bother me. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

I know this was mainly portal work, but is there any news of the staff targeting 24 recruits? I know about Walker White but I hope this staff lives in Georgia half the time to rebuild old relationships. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, woodford said:

I know this was mainly portal work, but is there any news of the staff targeting 24 recruits? I know about Walker White but I hope this staff lives in Georgia half the time to rebuild old relationships. 

They have been on the road all week going to tons of high schools all throughout the southeast. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

They have been on the road all week going to tons of high schools all throughout the southeast. 

That’s great to hear. It hadn’t read anything that said that. Thank you. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, woodford said:

Freeze and Caddy were in the B'Ham area. Coach Thornton was in the Charlotte NC area. Marcus Davis was in metro ATL. That's just a few. Don't think we have to worry about cruitin' with THIS staff!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, woodford said:

That’s great to hear. It hadn’t read anything that said that. Thank you. 

Every day the AU twitter has tweeted out where the coaches were going and the coaches have been tweeting it too. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I had almost forgotten what that feels like!

Edited by AUwent

2 hours ago, Shadow Tiger said:

Just imagine what the roster would currently look like if Harsin had been retained for another year. 

I don't think that could have happened. All evidence indicates that Harsin wanted to be fired and he did everything in his power to make that happen. He did just the bare minimum to keep from being fired for cause.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Mikey said:

I don't think that could have happened. All evidence indicates that Harsin wanted to be fired and he did everything in his power to make that happen. He did just the bare minimum to keep from being fired for cause.

Weird but convincing conspiracy theory I saw:

Harsin apparently complained about Boise’s lack of funds right before he came here. Around that time, we paid Gus a stupid amount of buyout $ (thanks Leath). Right after he got fired, Boise supposedly received lots of $ from an “anonymous donor.”

So, did Harsin purposefully take the job here with the intention of getting fired so he could help Boise’s financials? It sounds so absurd but I don’t think I can rule it out lol.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, AUnCullman said:

Primary recruiter is Caddy. He's going up against the big boys on this kid. Errbody lining up for this kid. 2025 class

It's great he is visiting and all. But we gonna need some results on the field to start landing these type fellas. Danny Hugh is off to a good start securing the talent needed for these on field results.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Weird but convincing conspiracy theory I saw:

Harsin apparently complained about Boise’s lack of funds right before he came here. Around that time, we paid Gus a stupid amount of buyout $ (thanks Leath). Right after he got fired, Boise supposedly received lots of $ from an “anonymous donor.”

So, did Harsin purposefully take the job here with the intention of getting fired so he could help Boise’s financials? It sounds so absurd but I don’t think I can rule it out lol.

I don't think so. Harsin wasn't that far off from having a decent first season. But after the "investigation" destroyed any chance he had of recruiting, and it was clear to him and everyone else that he had no future here, he just put it on cruise control to take his payout and leave.  Really, probably all for the good, because had that not happened,  we might have been stuck with him for far longer.  I think he was a bad fit from the beginning, but particularly so after we found ourselves in the NIL and transfer portal world.

Edited by Cardin Drake
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Just my opinion, but this borders on QAnon level. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Just my opinion, but this borders on QAnon level. 

What AU went said , I agree. Sounds weird, but ....

What Drake said? 100 percent agree. He was a bad fit and I was wrong. That being said, I was a Harsin supporter who absolutely couldn't believe he coached last year after the spring fiasco. No matter who was at fault or responsible for it. After the "investigation" , Harsin nor Auburn had a chance in hell, and from that point BH did not seem to care. And I wouldn't have either. Should have paid him the money and been done with it at that point.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

I don't think so. Harsin wasn't that far off from having a decent first season. But after the "investigation" destroyed any chance he had of recruiting, and it was clear to him and everyone else that he had no future here, he just put it on cruise control to take his payout and leave.  Really, probably all for the good, because had that not happened,  we might have been stuck with him for far longer.  I think he was a bad fit from the beginning, but particularly so after we found ourselves in the NIL and transfer portal world.

8 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

What Drake said? 100 percent agree. He was a bad fit and I was wrong. That being said, I was a Harsin supporter who absolutely couldn't believe he coached last year after the spring fiasco. No matter who was at fault or responsible for it. After the "investigation" , Harsin nor Auburn had a chance in hell, and from that point BH did not seem to care. And I wouldn't have either. Should have paid him the money and been done with it at that point.

Yeah it seems absurd, I was at least half joking.

But he gave zero effort in recruiting even before the investigation--which from every indication he brought upon himself. The difference between a good first season and what actually happened was Bo, and he couldn't keep him on board.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

I do agree with @Cardin Drake  I meant to respond to @AUwent  That’s what I get for posting without my glasses. 😅

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Shadow Tiger said:

Just imagine what the roster would currently look like if Harsin had been retained for another year. 

Imagine if Green hadn't gone rogue and hired Hasbeen and instead hired Freeze two years ago

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Imagine if Green hadn't gone rogue and hired Hasbeen and instead hired Freeze two years ago

Imagine if our president didn’t go rogue and hire an AD many did not expect (which made majority angry), who then decided to hire Freeze (which made majority angry).

• Like 3