2023 Signees and Commitments

Zeek

Just now, alabastertiger said:

I guess we were not showing enough love.   I'm not sure how much of a priority he was to the staff.

He wasn't a priority at all. Carnell offered him before a HC was even hired. Freeze just came in and brought his own 3* HS QB. 

They offered Jenkins an offer to come as a preferred walk on.

• Like 1

Just now, BigBlueWDE said:

This is less exciting than I wanted it to be lol. Dang it, need a commitment soon

Faulk is announcing soon and JHead from On3 keeps talking like AU is definitely getting him.

So have we swung and missed on every top target today? Asking the question in all honesty.  The fact that CHF has salvaged a top 25 class is already amazing.

btw… I find the whole recruiting game underhanded and unscrupulous. Many of these kids are pulled in directions that they have no business being pulled. Our beloved college football is no less than a pro sport with egos and slimy practices. Sign of the times I guess (and I’m getting old…)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, metafour said:

He wasn't a priority at all. Carnell offered him before a HC was even hired. Freeze just came in and brought his own 3* HS QB. 

They offered Jenkins an offer to come as a preferred walk on.

Right. I think this entire thing was to preserve Caddy's integrity, word/promise, and honesty more than anything. I don't blame the kid, especially in the day of the portal. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

lol bro told Keith last night that he'd be a PWO and stick with Auburn. Very last second change.

No offense but he committed during the interim head coach. Probably shouldn't have done that. 

1 minute ago, passthebiscuits said:

So have we swung and missed on every top target today? Asking the question in all honesty.  The fact that CHF has salvaged a top 25 class is already amazing.

btw… I find the whole recruiting game underhanded and unscrupulous. Many of these kids are pulled in directions that they have no business being pulled. Our beloved college football is no less than a pro sport with egos and slimy practices. Sign of the times I guess (and I’m getting old…)

Jatta the only real miss imo. Mitchell is what it is, it was a believe it when I see it for me the entire time. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, passthebiscuits said:

We will swing and miss on 4 targets today for sure: Mitchell, Russaw, Smith, and Jatta

We would have swung and miss on three of those anyway, and Jatta wouldn't have even been on the radar under the previous regime.

So putting it in context, we are absolutely ahead of where we would have been otherwise. A Faulk flip would put us at 16th I believe, which is insanely good considering the circumstances. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Auburn signing day, would you expect it any other way?

I am just hoping we get all or most of our commits signed today…plus several more positive surprises at positions of need. That is important for this excitement and positivity to continue. 
I am primarily disappointed that our RB commitment is iffy, or so I have read anyway.

3 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

We will swing and miss on 4 targets today for sure: Mitchell, Russaw, Smith, and Jatta

We would have swung and miss on three of those anyway, and Jatta wouldn't have even been on the radar under the previous regime.

So putting it in context, we are absolutely ahead of where we would have been otherwise. A Faulk flip would put us at 16th I believe, which is insanely good considering the circumstances. 

Having 2 flips at Noon would be tremendous. Just cross our fingers I suppose.

2 minutes ago, au701948 said:

I am just hoping we get all or most of our commits signed today…plus several more positive surprises at positions of need. That is important for this excitement and positivity to continue. 
I am primarily disappointed that our RB commitment is iffy, or so I have read anyway.

Faulk and Marshall definitely need to happen. Lee would be a huge plus. Hopefully the “insiders” are right about Cobb just wanting to sign with teammates 

8 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

I agree. However, like you stated, getting in top 25 range from where we were 3 weeks ago is an accomplishment of significance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Faulk and Marshall definitely need to happen. Lee would be a huge plus. Hopefully the “insiders” are right about Cobb just wanting to sign with teammates 

I missed the name Lee. What position does he play and where would he be coming from if we get him?

11 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

The best thing about the current situation in College football is that if a kid gets pulled in the wrong direction he can correct the situation with the portal. That is the main reason , IMO , that smart recruiters don't stop contact with players they probably know aren't going to flip right now. There's still a chance in the future now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, au701948 said:

I missed the name Lee. What position does he play and where would he be coming from if we get him?

Kayin Lee, OSU commit.  He’s a CB from GA 

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 1

All that needs to be said is that this staff did a pretty remarkable job given the damage that was done and it may take us some time to climb out of the hole that was dug in recruiting. Will be interesting to see what they can do with a full year to recruit 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Amen brother.   I'm right there with you.