Wake Forest’s Sam Hartman expected to enter the portal soon...

He's playing right now.  Looks pretty good with protection.  Will we have it next year with the new guys? 

Let's get the other Missouri receiver.  Maybe Peeler brings him with him.  Looks good

9 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

He's playing right now.  Looks pretty good with protection.  Will we have it next year with the new guys? 

One OT should be the JUCO kid

Nothing else new, yet. We really need to get 2-3 more starters

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

On 12/23/2022 at 3:53 PM, gatiger96 said:

Just watched an ESPN spotlight on this kid. He has an amazing story and looks like a good QB. No matter where he ends up, I wish him. 

He is, and comes from great family. He was one of the QBs on that show “QB1 Beyond the lights”. Have been a fan of his ever since. I’m tempted to say he was on there the same year as Justin Fields (also made me a fan of his), but it has been a while so they could have been on different years. 

I Still believe his next move will be to the NFL draft!!

Edited by TXaubie

3 hours ago, gatiger96 said:

Don’t know how to edit my last post. Should read “I wish him well.”

Click on the three dots up at the top right of your post and click "edit"

Univ of Louisville insiders say they feel good about Hartman now that Brohm is the HC, Supposedly already had discussions. TIFWIW.

8 hours ago, JKClark said:

Leonard from Duke is intriguing if he does end up in the portal. 

I'm warming up to Leonard too if he enters portal. I would not be at all surprised if indirect talks are going on with some of these portal possibilities.

10 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Not a fan. Personally would rather have Card or Sanders 

Hartman is going to be an NFL QB. At one point he was an upper round projection. If we get him, he’s better than any QB in the portal - Leary and McCall included.

• Like 2

I watched their bowl game last night.   He looked pretty good!

If I was a Wake fan, I would whine about that stupid slow read play, where the QB and RB stand in the backfield each holding the ball until 2-3 guys tackle them in the backfield, as often as we whined about Gus’ Hurry up and lose a yard up the middle on first down play he loved so much.  🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

If I was a Wake fan, I would whine about that stupid slow read play, where the QB and RB stand in the backfield each holding the ball until 2-3 guys tackle them in the backfield, as often as we whined about Gus’ Hurry up and lose a yard up the middle on first down play he loved so much.

Wake fans are too busy enjoying the winning and relevancy to whine. The offense is a big part of that, too 

6 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

So is he committed to someone? I've seen conflicting info

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but the only smoke I see with Hartman to AU is here and on AU blogs. National folks say Notre Dame. I would not hate to be incorrect on this.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he isn't even in the portal yet.  So lots of tampering going on.  Hopefully we're in that game an the national media is just off

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Wake fans are too busy enjoying the winning and relevancy to whine. The offense is a big part of that, too 

Good point.  There’s a lot to like about that O.  Hartman is a big part of that!

On 12/21/2022 at 8:15 AM, W.E.D said:

Guy is like 40 with a dozen So Years.  Would love to have a QB comp 53-65% of his passes.  His game logs look pretty consistent.  No massive peaks and valleys 

image.png.f74598ad1e1de317b39b3e138c26ed92.png

The best thing I see is his QB rating has improved every year. That means he works to improve himself. Freeze could do wonders with him. 🤔😊🦅