Trump's income taxes were often paltry, newly released documents show

aubiefifty

19 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I'm sure all the Republicans who oppose funding the IRS will put 2+2 together in their heads and think "wait...why do all these rich Conservatives that hate the IRS and want to defund it also simultaneously pay almost no taxes and take advantage of the tax codes in ways people like me with my income and income sources aren't able to?"

Its almost like wealthy people benefit from a weak, understaffed IRS that only has the resources to do quick and easy audits on poor/middle class people. 

Wait. You think these new IRS Agents are going after Hollyweird, Big Tech, and Wall Street types?

You think that wealthy donors to the Red and Blue are going to put up with actually paying more taxes?

Thats The Dumbest Thing Ive Ever Heard Eric Cartman GIF - Thats The Dumbest  Thing Ive Ever Heard Eric Cartman South Park - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

1) I hate trump more than most. His taxes show he is a poor businessman as I have said for years. He shows no or negative income for most years. Just like everyone thought. 6 bankruptcies, etc.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/general-electric-paid-federal-taxes-2010/story?id=13224558

2) He admits to gaming the rigged system. Just like every other wealthy person. If they wanted the wealthy to pay taxes, they could rewrite the Tax Code. That will never happen.

9:00 minutes and on...

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Wait. You think these new IRS Agents are going after Hollyweird, Big Tech, and Wall Street types?

You think that wealthy donors to the Red and Blue are going to put up with actually paying more taxes?

Thats The Dumbest Thing Ive Ever Heard Eric Cartman GIF - Thats The Dumbest  Thing Ive Ever Heard Eric Cartman South Park - Discover & Share GIFs

It's already a known fact that the IRS is underfunded and as a result doesn't collect taxes effectively. 

I don't know why right wingers, who are supposed to be so anti-deficit, are also simultaneously against funding our nations tax agency and making it easier for people to dodge taxes that they legally owe.  One step of solving the deficit problem is to actually collect the correct amount of taxes owed to the government. A underfunded and understaffed IRS is not capable of doing that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Politics is civilized class warfare. 

One party wants to increase taxes on the wealthy, on capital.

One party wants to decrease taxes on the wealthy, increase taxes on labor.

The choice is ours.  We have chosen to shift the tax burden toward labor, toward debt.  We choose to enshrine wealth at our own expense, at the expense of democracy, of capitalism, of the country.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Seriously?

thumbs-up-conspiracy.gif

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

It's already a known fact that the IRS is underfunded and as a result doesn't collect taxes effectively. 

I don't know why right wingers, who are supposed to be so anti-deficit, are also simultaneously against funding our nations tax agency and making it easier for people to dodge taxes that they legally owe.  One step of solving the deficit problem is to actually collect the correct amount of taxes owed to the government. A underfunded and understaffed IRS is not capable of doing that. 

Wow, what a strawman argument. No one said that. I dont know anyone that is against people paying what they legally owe. No one.

If the IRS is underfunded and under staffed, that would exactly fit my narrative about Donors, Big Tech, and Wall Street not wanting to pay taxes. Nothing is going to change in all this. This is a BOTH parties thing. The Wealthy are not going to pay more. Like Chapelle talked about, if they were going to pay more in taxes, they would change the tax code. THAT WOULD HAPPENED ALREADY IF THAT WAS THE POINT.

Edited by DKW 86

7 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Politics is civilized class warfare. 

One Neither party wants to increase taxes on the wealthy, on capital.

One party wants to decrease taxes on the wealthy, increase taxes on labor.

If anyone wanted to do that, they would have done it by now.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

Seriously?

thumbs-up-conspiracy.gif

Exactly what do you think they do in DC every year? IF they wanted to do this, they would have done it already.

• Facepalm 1

13 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Wow, what a strawman argument. No one said that. I dont know anyone that is against people paying what they legally owe. No one.

You've never met a Libertarian? 

13 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

If the IRS is underfunded and under staffed, that would exactly fit my narrative about Donors, Big Tech, and Wall Street not wanting to pay taxes. Nothing is going to change in all this. This is a BOTH parties thing. The Wealthy are not going to pay more. Like Chapelle talked about, if they were going to pay more in taxes, they would change the tax code. THAT WOULD HAPPENED ALREADY IF THAT WAS THE POINT.

We're talking about the new IRS funding bill that added money and 28,000 employees that Conservatives oppose and have been attacking in this very thread. 

My point is to wait and see what affect the new staffing/employees have before automatically attacking it and saying they'll only go after poor and middle class just because Fox News says they will. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

If anyone wanted to do that, they would have done it by now.

Yes and,,, that is exactly what has happened.  The tax burden has been shifted downward and of course, shifted to debt (an insidious tax).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

You've never met a Libertarian? 

We're talking about the new IRS funding bill that added money and 28,000 employees that Conservatives oppose and have been attacking in this very thread. 

My point is to wait and see what affect the new staffing/employees have before automatically attacking it and saying they'll only go after poor and middle class just because Fox News says they will. 

My point is that if they wanted the wealthy to pay more taxes, they would already be paying more in taxes. The IRS was not created yesterday. This is not some new thing.

As for them attacking the middle class? I dont know what they will do, but I can guarantee you that they will not be making party donors pay more in taxes. THAT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

“Outgunned” meaning they have not uncovered fraud?

I was audited twice years ago and penalized. Mistakes by a jackleg accountant I elected to use for a couple of years in an effort to save on fees. My beef with the IRS is that I was not contacted until years after the filings. Open the mail one day and there is a huge bill for penalties with interest.

On 12/21/2022 at 12:10 PM, homersapien said:

Yeah, you'd think that if the strategies producing such outcomes were actually and fully legal, we'd hear a lot more reporting on them - if only from the "fake news" mass media.  ;D

Just a hunch, but I suspect a person at your income level wouldn't need Trump level tax strategies. And quite frankly, I doubt anyone else posting on the thread would either, myself included.  So no, you'll not likely be hearing about them personally. ;)

OTOH, You can bet msm will report anything possible on the Trump matter, accurate or otherwise with no regret. 

Edited by AUFAN78

19 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Just a hunch, but I suspect a person at your income level wouldn't need Trump level tax strategies. And quite frankly, I doubt anyone else posting on the thread would either, myself included.  So no, you'll not likely be hearing about them personally. ;)

OTOH, You can bet msm will report anything possible on the Trump matter, accurate or otherwise with no regret. 

I dont know about you, but I would love to only pay $750 in taxes a year.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, arein0 said:

I dont know about you, but I would love to only pay $750 in taxes a year.

Indeed, but then again I understand why that is not possible.

16 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

You guys will excuse ANY behavior by Trump.

He's been hiding his taxes for a reason.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

Is reality an excuse? Wealthy people avoid taxes via the tax code, Trump included.

Well tell us what the reason is with facts vs innuendo. 

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

Not going to happen.  In order to finally see the guy for who he is,,, would be an admission of being a fool.

Funny, it is the denial that actually makes one a fool.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Is reality an excuse? Wealthy people avoid taxes via the tax code, Trump included.

Well tell us what the reason is with facts vs innuendo. 

Not true.

They avoid paying the maximum for their INCOME just like everyone, but that doesn't mean they "avoid taxes...."

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Not true.

They avoid paying the maximum for their INCOME just like everyone, but that doesn't mean they "avoid taxes...."

He filed every year didn’t he? Doesn’t read like “avoiding taxes”.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Not going to happen.  In order to finally see the guy for who he is,,, would be an admission of being a fool.

“Denial” another word thrown around loosely when someone does not agree with you. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Please keep up. The OP was regarding Trump and tax avoidance.  

Not understanding tax avoidance or at a minimum having representation that understands the concept makes one a fool. From the looks of this thread we have at minimum a couple candidates. :laugh:

8 hours ago, homersapien said:

Not true.

Sigh. That's precisely what tax avoidance is. By definition: Tax avoidance-an action taken to lesson tax liability and maximize after-tax income.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

“Denial” another word thrown around loosely when someone does not agree with you. 

Or when someone ate your lunch. :laugh: