Auburn 'in conversations' with more QBs on transfer board

aubiefifty

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

Well they had Darren Heitner negotiating it, he is the one that built in the fee for himself.  He is an attorney/sports agent.  UF refused to pay it….apparently it was overlooked by the collective when the NIL deal was finalized.  

You obviously know alot more than what I have seen that has been written. It would be surprising to me that someone would back out of a deal of that sort over the percentages that have been quoted by the person they brought to the table, to walk away with nothing. Guess we will see through the court case. Sounds like there is more to this than the reps fee.

9 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

You obviously know alot more than what I have seen that has been written. It would be surprising to me that someone would back out of a deal of that sort over the percentages that have been quoted by the person they brought to the table, to walk away with nothing. Guess we will see through the court case. Sounds like there is more to this than the reps fee.

It’s definitely not just the rep’s fee….but that is a part of it from what I have read in different reports.  He’s been denying it on Twitter but several reports have him right in the middle of this…..seems there are several sleazy lawyer types involved in UF and Miami collective deals and they have been at war with each other on Twitter for a while. 

The other thing is that Rashada had signed his deal….this is unique to Cali kids (and TN now I believe) as they can benefit from NIL deals as high school students.  I think it was Thamel’s report that discussed that part….it wasn’t just a promise, it was a signed contract. Also have read that he had signed one with Miami as well with some penalties and the UF collective actually paid those penalties for him….it was either penalties from breaking the contract or upfront money he was given when he signed. 

It’s a big, hot mess right now.  

This tweet from Heitner really aged well 😂

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

It’s definitely not just the rep’s fee….but that is a part of it from what I have read in different reports.  He’s been denying it on Twitter but several reports have him right in the middle of this…..seems there are several sleazy lawyer types involved in UF and Miami collective deals and they have been at war with each other on Twitter for a while. 

The other thing is that Rashada had signed his deal….this is unique to Cali kids (and TN now I believe) as they can benefit from NIL deals as high school students.  I think it was Thamel’s report that discussed that part….it wasn’t just a promise, it was a signed contract. Also have read that he had signed one with Miami as well with some penalties and the UF collective actually paid those penalties for him….it was either penalties from breaking the contract or upfront money he was given when he signed. 

Definitely sounds like a mess. I will continue to back the kid in these circumstances. I just hope he can land somewhere to play.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Definitely sounds like a mess. I will continue to back the kid in these circumstances. I just hope he can land somewhere to play.

I agree.  People need to stop slandering this kid.   $13M is an outlandish amount but UF should not have offered that if they were not willing to deliver.  Seems like a bait and switch to me.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

I agree.  People need to stop slandering this kid.   $13M is an outlandish amount but UF should not have offered that if they were not willing to deliver.  Seems like a bait and switch to me.  

Also agree.  

I know UF has a strong and capable Spin department,  and a strong presence in the media.   I haven't followed this very closely.  Do we know ANY of this drama as fact,  or is it all still  hearsay and rumor?

(other than the fact this kid wants out of UF or was denied his NIL)

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner

15 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Seems like nothing but pay to play for me. Corruption has always been prevelant, now its just rising to the surface for all to see.  This would have warranted severe sanctions by the NCAA in the past. This wasn't the intent of NIL...but with no regulation,  here we are. Just wait till this kids reps sue the Gator collective.. NIL money will dry up quicker than a prune in the middle of August.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

image.jpeg

46 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Also agree.  

I know UF has a strong and capable Spin department,  and a strong presence in the media.   I haven't followed this very closely.  Do we know ANY of this drama as fact,  or is it all still  hearsay and rumor?

(other than the fact this kid wants out of UF or was denied his NIL)

UF did release him from his NLI.  If they had fought that…..they would have been massacred even more than they are being. 

Will be interesting to watch his recruitment now since he’s back on the market.  I read somewhere it’s unlikely he goes to Miami.  

This has made national news networks, so seems like a lot of what started as “rumors” has been to a point verified. 

• Like 3

This may be one of those cases where there are no good guys on either side. "Slander the kid"? He's got to be involved in the greed to some extent. Of course there are some sleazy adults involved but by age 17 most of us could recognize the point when we had to simply say "no".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Zinzan said:

Every QB is going to OM?

Why would he go to ole miss for his last year when Dart is returning? Does he think he can beat him out?

14 minutes ago, PotPot said:

Why would he go to ole miss for his last year when Dart is returning? Does he think he can beat him out?

Kiffin now has a stocked QB room.  Napier should be on the phone with Dart pronto. Sanders/Dart battle in the spring, Walker Howard sits and learns for a year. 

4 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Kiffin now has a stocked QB room.  Napier should be on the phone with Dart pronto. Sanders/Dart battle in the spring, Walker Howard sits and learns for a year. 

I don't know the rules (if there are any any more)--can coaches call players on other teams? can their "collective"? I know the NIL is supposedly not "pay-for-play", but how can, say, a Florida collective offer a kid if he doesn't know if the coach even wants that kid?

4 minutes ago, Zinzan said:

I don't know the rules (if there are any any more)--can coaches call players on other teams? can their "collective"? I know the NIL is supposedly not "pay-for-play", but how can, say, a Florida collective offer a kid if he doesn't know if the coach even wants that kid?

No they can’t if they are not in the portal, but there are definitely proxy discussions going on between the parties.  

30 minutes ago, PotPot said:

Pretty sure OM was his only option.  He didn’t have an AU offer and he couldn’t go back to OSU and I never heard of anyone else recruiting him. 

1 minute ago, Zinzan said:

NIL is wide open Zin, there are no rules.  Agents represent players and high school recruits and agents can contact whoever they want, whenever they want.  Parents and high school coaches can contact anyone they want and they can gauge interest from a multitude of programs.  It is most definitely "pay-for-play" and collectives representing school's apparently act independent of the school or coaches' knowledge, which is frightening.  

The recent Florida debacle is a lesson for every program and NIL collective in operation.  Coaches and Athletic Departments have to know what their NIL collectives are selling, who they are negotiating with and what terms and economics they're touting.  Collectives should position themselves and negotiate only at the direction of the head coach & AD.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Pretty sure OM was his only option.  He didn’t have an AU offer and he couldn’t go back to OSU and I never heard of anyone else recruiting him. 

Yeah I get that but transfers with only one year left, especially QBs, usually want at least a reasonable expectation of playing. Of course, I guess he could always transfer again if he doesn’t win the job 

2 minutes ago, PotPot said:

Yeah I get that but transfers with only one year left, especially QBs, usually want at least a reasonable expectation of playing. Of course, I guess he could always transfer again if he doesn’t win the job 

I mean, this whole thing bodes worse for Dart than it does for Sanders lol. Kiffin isn't bringing Sanders in for no reason.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, metafour said:

I mean, this whole thing bodes worse for Dart than it does for Sanders lol. Kiffin isn't bringing Sanders in for no reason.

Lane isn't a big fan of JD

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Fair points from both of you, and I gathered that Kiffin wasn’t all in on Dart. But personally, and my opinion means nothing, but I’m not sure Sanders is any better. I guess we’ll see.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, bigbird said:

So is Lane just a poor talent evaluator, because he brought him in.  

Ol Danny Hugh is up to something.  You can't tell me he swung and missed on all these QBS in the portal. Not when he shored up every other position of need. He got something cooking for May transfer period

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Ol Danny Hugh is up to something.  You can't tell me he swung and missed on all these QBS in the portal. Not when he shored up every other position of need. He got something cooking for May transfer period

I can’t help but wonder if Grayson McCall can graduate before Fall and transfer to Auburn in time for Fall camp.  Don’t know how many credits he needs or whether it is possible with prerequisites and what not but with our standing by quietly it makes me wonder.