Auburn 'in conversations' with more QBs on transfer board

aubiefifty

8 minutes ago, dilligas said:

I can’t help but wonder if Grayson McCall can graduate before Fall and transfer to Auburn in time for Fall camp.  Don’t know how many credits he needs or whether it is possible with prerequisites and what not but with our standing by quietly it makes me wonder.

Could be... And I think it will be a veteran who can pick up on the offense quickly.

10 minutes ago, dilligas said:

I can’t help but wonder if Grayson McCall can graduate before Fall and transfer to Auburn in time for Fall camp.  Don’t know how many credits he needs or whether it is possible with prerequisites and what not but with our standing by quietly it makes me wonder.

I'm with you Dilli. I've mentioned this a couple times but insiders haven't commented. That could be one of CHF options IMO. I feel sure there are other potential options, about who may or will be available in May. Danny Hugh will not put all his eggs in one basket. That I'm sure of.  He could have signed a transfer, but none of the available QBs were the right fit. We'll be happy in May/June. Most of us at least. I could be wrong (usually am) but I truly believe our staff is going for a knockout punch.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dilligas said:

On the average college student’s schedule (2 semesters/year for 4 years),not even counting summer classes, I would think he should be on track to graduate this spring.  

Then he would be a grad transfer and credits etc would not matter. 

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, autan said:

I've mentioned this a couple times but insiders haven't commented.

We all want to know.
It truly is because nobody knows. People keep asking this question about McCall on every single AU message board, along with other questions about QBs. None of the mods or insiders have any idea what McCall has to do of if he even can make up was was needed. 

This quarterback debate has gotten heated on every Auburn message board. 

Right now many AU fans are panicking about the QB. Whether HF already has a plan to add a QB after spring or not, spring practice itself will either help ease concerns about adding a new QB or show it to be an absolute necessity. 

Edited by gr82b4au
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Seems like nothing but pay to play for me. Corruption has always been prevelant, now its just rising to the surface for all to see.  This would have warranted severe sanctions by the NCAA in the past. This wasn't the intent of NIL...but with no regulation,  here we are. Just wait till this kids reps sue the Gator collective.. NIL money will dry up quicker than a prune in the middle of August.

Yea, it’s all pay for play (including AU).

13 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

We all want to know.
It truly is because nobody knows. People keep asking this question about McCall on every single AU message board, along with other questions about QBs. None of the mods or insiders have any idea what McCall has to do of if he even can make up was was needed. 

This quarterback debate has gotten heated on every Auburn message board. 

Right now many AU fans are panicking about the QB. Whether HF already has a plan to add a QB after spring or not, spring practice itself will either help ease concerns about adding a new QB or show it to be an absolute necessity. 

He (Freeze) has done more than adequate in such a short time!! I for one am trusting that he will make the best decisions he can.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

He (Freeze) has done more than adequate in such a short time!!

I don’t think you will find one AU person that disagrees with that. 
If he can lock up a good quarterback, after spring, we will be rolling.

Edited by gr82b4au
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Agree with you. I’m not putting any prerequisites on it. I’m supporting no matter who he decides to start at QB.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

There was some on the board who disagreed

• Like 1

As Ashford matures and trains, he’s going to get better.  Better development than he’s ever seen.  Then put a legit OLine in front of him, better and more creative play-calling, older and improved receivers, and transfer receivers and tight ends?  Establish the run to spread the defense?  I think he will be damn good.  

• Like 3

It was said McCall had a whopping 2.0 GPA.  I'm betting he wouldn't kill the GRE.  Does any of that matter for him for post grad school?

I mean, come on, at least show you got a pulse in the classroom so we can continue the edumacation charade.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

It was said McCall had a whopping 2.0 GPA.  I'm betting he wouldn't kill the GRE.  Does any of that matter for him for post grad school?

I mean, come on, at least show you got a pulse in the classroom so we can continue the edumacation charade.

Hard to see how he is eligible at Coastal if his GPA is 2.0

6 hours ago, AUGoo said:

Yikes without any kind of source, isn't this kind of slanderous?

On 1/19/2023 at 12:38 PM, JerryAU said:

Kiffin now has a stocked QB room. 

You have two pretty mediocre/avg starting QBs and a raw RSFR.  Not sure I'd call it stacked.  Sure, it's more than we have at the moment, but nothing to really get excited over 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, dilligas said:

This is all massive wishful thinking. I understand that this is a fun thing to "hope" for, but it's just not overly realistic.

The reality is that this kid turned out to be a giant dumbass. Hence why he's been in college for 4 years and can't transfer anywhere, and isn't even on track to graduate.

So ask yourself this: if you expect him to be able to take 20, 30, however many credit hours and somehow squeeze them all in a few short months...why would he be in this situation in the first place lol?

No, Hugh Freeze's master plan does not include McCall studying 24/7 over the next few months and somehow graduating so that he can transfer in. The kid isn't smart enough to accomplish that even if he wanted to. And here's the thing: if he wanted to study hard, why hasn't he been doing it already lol?

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, metafour said:

This is all massive wishful thinking. I understand that this is a fun thing to "hope" for, but it's just not overly realistic.

The reality is that this kid turned out to be a giant dumbass. Hence why he's been in college for 4 years and can't transfer anywhere, and isn't even on track to graduate.

So ask yourself this: if you expect him to be able to take 20, 30, however many credit hours and somehow squeeze them all in a few short months...why would he be in this situation in the first place lol?

No, Hugh Freeze's master plan does not include McCall studying 24/7 over the next few months and somehow graduating so that he can transfer in. The kid isn't smart enough to accomplish that even if he wanted to. And here's the thing: if he wanted to study hard, why hasn't he been doing it already lol?

A while back I understood players flunking out to an extent. They took full loads and had little help. Now they take year round loads which are lighter, have softball online courses, and an army of tutoring help. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, metafour said:

You seem to be 100% spot on the Auburn quarterback situation! I wish more people would listen to common sense, while (b)witching and complaining less!

18 hours ago, metafour said:

How is he able to stay eligible at Coastal?

Absolute no one here has factually seen his transcripts, and initially some said it was his major and courses not crossing over, now he is a dumb ass? He may have threw his name in the portal not knowing some of the requirements for the “student” part. He can apparently still play football there so it’s not an eligibility issue. All for nothing because I do not see him suiting up for Auburn this fall 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Like 1

On 1/19/2023 at 5:42 PM, AUGoo said:

image.png

• Haha 4

Semi warm take…. I’m betting Holden surprises this year and passes Robbie on the depth chart. Better coaching, scheme, o line and time to get chemistry with receivers allows him to excel. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, GreenTiger said:

Semi warm take…. I’m betting Holden surprises this year and passes Robbie on the depth chart. Better coaching, scheme, o line and time to get chemistry with receivers allows him to excel. 

Right now, I'd put my money on Holden Geriner being the starting QB unless we get someone from the portal.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

It was " confirmed," last nite that Danny Hugh does indeed have an ace up his sleeve come the May portal season 

"Trust me bro" confirmation, or something else?

Harsin made me like this:

YARN | I'll believe it when I see it, muchacho. | Hot Rod (2007) | Video  gifs by quotes | 1e729f8c | 紗

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

It was " confirmed," last nite that Danny Hugh does indeed have an ace up his sleeve come the May portal season 

I think I would prefer a gun slinger.